Druid: Heart of the Wild Changes

Community Manager
While we aren’t always able to provide advance warning when an ability changes, there’s still some time before this change goes into effect, and we wanted to offer affected players a chance to plan their strategies appropriately in the meantime.

The following changes are currently planned for retuning the Druid talent, Heart of the Wild:

• The spell damage bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Feral and Guardian Druids will soon be reduced from +500% to +320%.
  • The agility bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Balance, Restoration, and Guardian Druids in Cat Form will soon be changed to +110%. It was previously +50% for Guardian Druids, and +200% for Balance and Restoration Druids.

Currently, the change is expected to go into effect during next Tuesday’s maintenance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Bye bye mooncat. :(
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
What about some of the other pressing issues, like Disc priests and rogues being terrible, and hunters and warriors being too good?
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
10/11/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Venaliter
What about some of the other pressing issues, like Disc priests and rogues being terrible, and hunters and warriors being too good?

Get out of my tank forums with your nonsense.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Mnemonic
Get out of my tank forums with your nonsense.

+1
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/11/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Reesicup
Bye bye mooncat. :(

Best change ever, happy to see mooncat die. If I wanted to play feral or be feral I would be feral. Forcing me to go feral cause it was the best dps isn't good game design.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Having CD's that mixed up rotations was fun and lent to the class and gameplay in general. Making this nerf live without a buff to moonkin overall damage is going to put the spec in a very bad place for dps. Nerfing the duration of the ability, I can see that, but not the damage multipliers. Unless additional stats will be allowed to transfer between with heart, such as mastery, it was already going to have issue at higher gear levels because of the lower value of primary stats relative to secondarys.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
The problem was that the "correct" way to DPS as any druid was to use Heart of the Wild during Heroism and change your weapon to do off-spec DPS for the duration of the spell, then go back to what you should be doing normally.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Thanks for making the only thing that was cool about being a Resto Druid at PvP Suck.

Now we lack a burst to help on DPS too. Thanks for that blizzard.

Im not one that really complains alot, but this is the worst change i ever seen in my life.
You nerfed our shrooms, nerfed our heals at pvp, and now you nerf the only way we can do anything useful in a 2v2.

The fun thing about playing a druid at raids is that i could pop HoTW and do dps comparable to our DPS's for some seconds. Isnt what it was inteended to do?!
Now i use a CD to be a weak useless DPS for 45 sec?!?!?!?
Its not useful to stop healing, change your role, if you will not act as good as another characters from that role are acting.

Its Nerfs... Nerfs... and Nerfs...
Nerfed Symbiosis, now USELESS unless you have a Shadow Priest on your raid, then its mandatory to use on him. When Blizzard notice that they will nerf it too.

Can you instead of nerfing things that are WORKING, start correcting know bugs like the change of Inks, or the Guild skills bugs, or the Sha of Anger that disappers for days... etc.. ?!

You nerf our gear, and remember well that for resto druids the PvP set is still comparable to our Heroic Dungeon set, because of the REALLY bad stats allocation on the PvE set, and then nerf our new Skill Symbiosis, after having nerfed mushrooms to the level of being completly useless, and are now nerfing the only other thing that lasted, and that made me feel different and have any fun playing my druid.

Now EVERY druid must change theyr Talent for another boring useless Healing CD, because this talent now suck again. Good job.

I was having fun with it until now.
It was an interesting thing, being a healer, and sometimes being able to pvp someone that jumps on you solo, or while doing dailies, or something, it gave you an option, it had a huge CD, and you were far from a "killing machine" with it, but atlast it gave you the feel that "you can kill somebody if they mess with you" that always lacks on healing classes dont matter how overgeared for pvp you were. And this is nerfed to nothing.
Its not a 10% nerf... or a 15% nerf... its a HUGE nerf, on top of a -15% healing one...

Thanks for making it completly unfun to pvp as healer AGAIN.
Now, i will go farm my cat gear, because blizzard want us healers to just run away like little girls, having our asses handed to us, and the dps's having all the fun.
(Its fun playing as a healer, when you can survive bursts, pop CD's and help killing, or CC the enemies, and its unfun when you get 2-3 crit shotted even when you pop defensive CD's, or when you have every single CC spell made useless because they can counter all your casts, or seem your friend die from 100% to 0% because the enemy have so many CC's that even with trinket and defensive CD's you can do nothing for like 20sec or more...)

And this comes from someone that plays as healer since TBC, and played healer classes in all MMO's i played as my mains... and this time, its really not fun.

Wish blizzard was more sincere with theyr design, and changed all this back on BETA! I would never choose my druid as my main if they did so, i would level my paladin and gear him, now im stuck with my druid, because it would take SO MUCH effort to level and gear a pally with all this INSANE daily griding, and SHA PvP Farming, and etc... that it would be impossible to have competitive gear in time for our Raids...
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Again, take your crap elsewhere. The talent was way, way out of line. Your wall of text just amounts to whining.

Ugh, this is why I hate the blue tracker picking up the tank forum.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/12/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Mnemonic
Ugh, this is why I hate the blue tracker picking up the tank forum.

so...you want them to buff smoke bomb?
Reply Quote
Mnemonic:
No it was not out of line.
The way they made it was broken, and they exploited it.
Change the way it works to something that gives the druid the same DPS expected of a full DPS of his iLvL, increasing his Haste to reduce the need of big numbers to achive the DPS, and you have a balanced talent with minimal work.

The way they are making it now is: If you do everything to exploit this it will be an OK talent, if you just play it normally in normal healer gear, without any additional trick, then its totally and completly USELESS.

l2read
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, at least they didn't nerf the stat increase yet...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Mnemonic:
No it was not out of line.
The way they made it was broken, and they exploited it.

If that were the case, they'd be changing it dramatically. They are reducing the power of it. That means it was too strong, not mechanically broken.

10/12/2012 02:29 AMPosted by Sàtàn
Change the way it works to something that gives the druid the same DPS expected of a full DPS of his iLvL,

Perhaps by reducing the DPS contribution of the skill? I wonder why they didn't just do that... OH WAIT THEY DID. Ha, amazing how these things work out.

It was a nerf, you don't like it, great. Feel free to complain about it in the healer forum (since that's where your complaint appears to be rooted), where there is an identical post. I'm sure some other healers would like to pick your whine apart.

10/12/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Ðemolition
so...you want them to buff smoke bomb?

Please yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh, great, they're getting PvP in my tank board. Just... keep it in this thread, okay? We can go discuss the tanking ramifications of this change later.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
10/12/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Krinu
We can go discuss the tanking ramifications of this change later.
There aren't any.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/12/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Jubz
Fact of the matter is that even with this buff.... I can't compete with other classes on the dmg charts in a 25 man environment... im consistently getting between 6-10th (and ranking on WoL which means that all moonkin are typically doing about the same dmg as i am) place which suggests that if anything moonkin dmg should be increased... not reduced

Uh, if they increased the damage through this talent, that would imply that it's the best PvE talent hands down.

Can you think of why they might not want to do that maybe?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Druid level 90 talents = meh
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Wait...there is important stuff here.

Demo is panda?

I'm totally race changing to a dwarf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]