Why is everyone on this server suckish?

90 Human Warlock
10/12/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Joynal
We haven't figured out that we're supposed to fight over a boss. Stupid us, we actually end up helping those who beat us to it.

Hay, today we totally had some horde pull the Sha and reset him on us a couple times. Yeah, they were stone cold badasses.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
BWR hasn't had hardcore progression groups since the end of vanilla. How new are you to here again? Hardcore guilds on this server died the moment our scarab lord left.

As far as I'm aware no horde guilds have made progression in vaults yet. Which sucks really but what am I gonna do about it? :P
Edited by Fenrus on 10/17/2012 12:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
BWR hasn't had hardcore progression groups since the end of vanilla. How new are you to here again? Hardcore guilds on this server died the moment our scarab lord left.

As far as I'm aware no horde guilds have made progression in vaults yet. Which sucks really but what am I gonna do about it? :P

End Game got added to the charts tonight. Yay! I'm tired of seeing so much blue. Makes me feel guilty for neglecting my Horde toons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/17/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Fenrus
BWR hasn't had hardcore progression groups since the end of vanilla.

Defiance's 10 man team did exceptionally well in Ulduar and Trial of the Grand Crusader.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Did everyone forget about Eternal Legacy? They were a top 1000 US guild for a while during WotLK Naxx/Ulduar/ToC and actually made our realm not be the very bottom of the progression charts and were, quite frankly, the best raiders on the server. They were also very active in Burning Crusade.

EDIT: Also, don't forget about Ascension, Incoming Nerdrage (best 10 man strict on the server for a long time in WotLK), Slow Motion (even though the drama was pretty intense), and last time I checked, Guardians of Innocence have been kicking booty for a long while now.

I dislike when people make sweeping statements like "dis server be da suck!" and "der no gude raiderz her sens vernillers!" It just shows ignorance about the history of this server and a lack of attention span. There have been plenty of quality raiders here over the years. Just because you don't remember doesn't make you right.
Edited by Blackhowl on 10/17/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
why is everyone all of a sudden concerned where our place is in the raiding world? we all know we don't play here to raid? of course we've had good raiders. the server, in general, just doesn't prioritize good raiding.

BWR is what it is

if you want more progressed raiding, mal'ganis, illidian and stormrage are that way ----->
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/17/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Blackhowl
Did everyone forget about Eternal Legacy? They were a top 1000 US guild for a while during WotLK Naxx/Ulduar/ToC and actually made our realm not be the very bottom of the progression charts and were, quite frankly, the best raiders on the server.

Let me illustrate why everyone forgot about them:

top 1000 US

being top 1000 is like getting a C+ and being proud of the plus.

Also, Eternal Legacy was dog !@#$ until:
  • Defiance died and they snatched up Defiance's former raiders
  • Noxn came to the server
  • 10/17/2012 05:23 AMPosted by Blackhowl
    EDIT: Also, don't forget about Ascension,

I'll grant that they get bonus points for not recruiting off-server, but that doesn't mean that they were amazing. There was a significant amount of carrying going on. Carrying doesn't happen in upper tier guilds.

Incoming Nerdrage (best 10 man strict on the server for a long time in WotLK),

I'm not gonna lie, Varkul was a cool guy I liked him so his guild gets a free pass.

Slow Motion (even though the drama was pretty intense),

See what I said about Defiance in a prior comment. They had a few good kills.

and last time I checked, Guardians of Innocence have been kicking booty for a long while now.

GoI had been largely "under the radar" from Zul'aman until tier 11. Now, that might be due to no one caring about 10 mans for that entire duration and 25 man raiders having a significant advantage, sure. But passively having the knowledge that someone is good and being able to prove it with US and World ranks are two different things. Additionally, they don't seem to be trying this tier. For a guild of their alleged caliber they should at least have killed will of the emporer and gotten heroic stone guard. I have no explanations for why this is--perhaps they could chime in and say why exactly, but seeing as the expansion's been out for several weeks now there has to be something going on.

It just shows ignorance about the history of this server and a lack of attention span. There have been plenty of quality raiders here over the years. Just because you don't remember doesn't make you right.

My experience is that, yes, there have been actually very many very highly skilled players on Blackwater Raiders. It's been more of an issue of the whole thing where they were scattered across multiple guilds, or lacked the ambition to push themselves to success, or so forth.

PS: I didn't mean to hate. I just meant to provide perspective.
    Edited by Rollman on 10/17/2012 5:54 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Warrior
    10/17/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Rollman
    PS: I didn't mean to hate. I just meant to provide perspective.

It's fine. We can agree to disagree about EL. I raided with them many times and found them ridiculously competent. Ascension was quality; had the pleasure of raiding with them for a while ... but you're right, there were a couple of folks that just weren't up to snuff (including me - Neverender). Vark was the man and we tore stuff up! Those were some of my best memories, to be honest. I don't quite know what's going on with GoI right now, but I do remember keeping tabs on them in Cataclysm and being impressed by their skill and attitude. Quality raiders and quality people.

And remember, we're not talking about top tier, top flight guilds from the best servers; we're just talking 'bout little ol' BWR. Top 1000 US rank guild for our server was a big accomplishment, considering the smaller pool of raiders we had/have. But in the matter of raiding, your opinion is actually one I respect and value because ... well, you've been there. We've always been what we are: the rinky-dink little server that occasionally tried. When we get motivated, we can do some stuff. We'll never be top flight (ever) but we've had enough folks through the years that I can't sit by while some folks (who never did the content and weren't there for it) make these broad statements.

Either way, I just hate it when people say stuff like:

10/17/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Fenrus
    BWR hasn't had hardcore progression groups since the end of vanilla.

That's just ... just yeah.

/sadpanda

EDIT: You're right ... if we had ever formed a 'supergroup' of raiders, we could have probably been pretty darn good. Wasted chances. (Not including myself in that group, obviously. I was pretty decent but really ... I got brought for Bloodlust and that's about it.)
    Edited by Blackhowl on 10/17/2012 6:14 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Monk
    10/17/2012 06:10 AMPosted by Blackhowl
    And remember, we're not talking about top tier, top flight guilds from the best servers; we're just talking 'bout little ol' BWR. Top 1000 US rank guild for our server was a big accomplishment, considering the smaller pool of raiders we had/have.

Personally, I don't think it's fair to place that conditional if you're a guild that recruits off-server. If you limit yourself to BWR raiders alone and make top 1k, then i grant that's pretty solid. But the broad majority of EL's recruits after Defiance died (ie: after they became best on the server) were from off-server.

But in the matter of raiding, your opinion is actually one I respect and value because ... well, you've been there.

to be 100% honest, I (and most of my guildmates) could do better. my guild only raids 3 nights per week, which is comparably casual. mogu'shan vaults is actually not that hard and we've been really conservative with our kills (last week we passed up putting attempts in on h feng because we thought we were pressed for time, but ended up clearing the instance with time to spare) but let me give you perspective again: i'm not the only person from blackwater raiders who is on my raid team.

We've always been what we are: the rinky-dink little server that occasionally tried. When we get motivated, we can do some stuff. We'll never be top flight (ever) but we've had enough folks through the years that I can't sit by while some folks (who never did the content and weren't there for it) make these broad statements.

i think that for me, BWR was the most fun when i was still learning to play the game and when I used to look up and see big names like Ascension, Defiance, and Slow Motion and think that they were just badass. But as I went on and learned to play the game i found out how massive the scope of players was and how late most of the TBC kills happened on this server.

EDIT: You're right ... if we had ever formed a 'supergroup' of raiders, we could have probably been pretty darn good. Wasted chances. (Not including myself in that group, obviously. I was pretty decent but really ... I got brought for Bloodlust and that's about it.)

does strictly business count? i'm pretty sure strictly business (the 10 man, NOT the 25 man) was the most skilled raiding force this server's ever seen.
    Edited by Rollman on 10/17/2012 6:32 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Warrior
    10/17/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Rollman
    does strictly business count? i'm pretty sure strictly business (the 10 man, NOT the 25 man) was the most skilled raiding force this server's ever seen.

Good call. SB *was* a supergroup. I forgot about them. Shame on me.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Monk
    to be fair, approximately half of SB transferred in specifically for SB.

but hey, SB got HM Putricide in 6 attempts and HM SPINdragosa in 12 and got to the third phase of HM LK on the first night. I had good times in that guild.

also, this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLw-YvE_zw

point of view of kerrath greatest paladin tank ever RIP edited by noxn
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Priest

But passively having the knowledge that someone is good and being able to prove it with US and World ranks are two different things.

And this is why a conversation of this type is totally useless for this server. Those who choose to raid here aren't out to prove anything. They're here to enjoy the game.

GoI has some folk that want a break from raiding and as you pointed out, the better raiders on this server are scattered all over because they're generally more interested in raiding with friends than focused progression. It makes it hard to recruit on server and the low progression here makes it just as hard to recruit from off server. This is also an alt unfriendly expansion. Where guilds could always get alts from raiders in other guilds to fill, no one has been able to devote the time to their alts yet to really get raid ready.

We're only 3 weeks into the expansion. Slow down. Plenty of time to get things going over the next couple of months in a race that doesn't matter.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warrior
    Hay ewe Guise! Our PRog sucks!

This isnt something needed to be stated Panda boy. Its a Known fact.

RP server with a laidback community who is more interested in Transmog raid runs than current content.

Dun Liek eet? Den make like a tree and Get the Eff off my server!
    Reply Quote

But passively having the knowledge that someone is good and being able to prove it with US and World ranks are two different things.

And this is why a conversation of this type is totally useless for this server. Those who choose to raid here aren't out to prove anything. They're here to enjoy the game.

GoI has some folk that want a break from raiding and as you pointed out, the better raiders on this server are scattered all over because they're generally more interested in raiding with friends than focused progression. It makes it hard to recruit on server and the low progression here makes it just as hard to recruit from off server. This is also an alt unfriendly expansion. Where guilds could always get alts from raiders in other guilds to fill, no one has been able to devote the time to their alts yet to really get raid ready.

We're only 3 weeks into the expansion. Slow down. Plenty of time to get things going over the next couple of months in a race that doesn't matter.

Another big problem is guilds or raiding groups that dont want to take on outsiders who are serious in raiding, I had that problem for quite sometime after I left my original guild to die in flames. All I've ever wanted to see was progression, and in the 4 years I've been playing Cata was the only time I ever got to experience end xpac raiding and loved it, I think with the guild I raid with now it's been the most fun. Usually i was just that 'person someone knows' or the 'person someone of someone knows'
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Monk
    10/17/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Joynal

Joynal, no justification is really necessary. Everyone has their own reasons for playing the game. For the people who have stuck around on BWR, they probably do have sentiments similar to your own. For those of us who care about progression, we've by and large chosen to put our mains elsewhere.

This is also an alt unfriendly expansion.

It's not as bad as I was led to believe. Getting 85-90 takes about 20 hours if you go at it at a reasonable pace and gearing up to 463 takes about just as long. ilvl 463 is enough to do 6/6 in with only a slight level of challenge.

To some people, the race does matter. It doesn't take much rushing at this point either. I haven't done my dailies in a week.
    Edited by Rollman on 10/17/2012 3:41 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Warrior
    10/17/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Rollman
    It's not as bad as I was led to believe. Getting 85-90 takes about 20 hours if you go at it at a reasonable pace and gearing up to 463 takes about just as long. ilvl 463 is enough to do 6/6 in with only a slight level of challenge.

Gotta agree here; this xpac is not only pretty easy to level through, but also gorgeous (which always helps). Plus, with the incoming reputation grind change, this could arguably be called one of WoW's most alt-friendly expansions!
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    10/17/2012 05:50 AMPosted by Rollman
    My experience is that, yes, there have been actually very many very highly skilled players on Blackwater Raiders. It's been more of an issue of the whole thing where they were scattered across multiple guilds, or lacked the ambition to push themselves to success, or so forth.

This is kinda what I see now. We have some pretty good raiders. But it's a few here, a few there. And a lot of us might have the skills to raid at a high level, but not the will or attention span(is guilty of this).

If we really wanted too, we could probably put together a decent 25m team out of all the raiders on the server. Of course...most servers could put together like 10-15 25m raids of the same quality or better so...yeah.

10/17/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Rollman

That's kind of personal preference really. I think MoP might have the worst(least fun) leveling experience in WoW right now. And I dont even have the desire to run heroics or really gear. Im getting a major case of 'doesn't give a crap' this expansion. I feel like I actually need to look hard for things I enjoy.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Monk
    10/17/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Lèah
    If we really wanted too, we could probably put together a decent 25m team out of all the raiders on the server. Of course...most servers could put together like 10-15 25m raids of the same quality or better so...yeah.

if you mean limited to people who are still on bwr i would say that they might be able to field a 10 man that does decently well.

even then you have to consider that skill isn't the only factor in successful raiding. dedication and availability are technically more important.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]