Why is everyone on this server suckish?

90 Human Warlock
10/17/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Rollman
if you mean limited to people who are still on bwr i would say that they might be able to field a 10 man that does decently well.

I think we can get a good 25. But then our standards for decently well are probably different.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/17/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Lèah
if you mean limited to people who are still on bwr i would say that they might be able to field a 10 man that does decently well.

I think we can get a good 25. But then our standards for decently well are probably different.

You might be able to get a 25 man that can clear the hard mode before the next patch, but after the inevitable nerfs. You might be able to get a 10 man that can clear before the nerfs, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I know at least 2 other people in the same boat as me who do well in their roles, but we're kinda sorta stuck in a mostly dead guild. We all have the desire to raid, but we don't want to leave and we don't like to pug... so we kinda just don't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
serious question: if your guild is dead why are you opposed to leaving? the three of you could probably get together and make something casual.
Edited by Rollman on 10/18/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You could always try what I did last year with Firelands and see how it goes if either of you have any inclination toward raid leading. Just find others who are like you - wanting to raid, not raiding with their current guild but otherwise happy there. Nothing says you have to be in the same guild to raid together each week and have a good time.

It's a lot of work though. It's hard to find the people on this server willing to commit to showing up every week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
The reason I'm opposed to leaving is more or less because I helped build the guild. There's a lot of time invested in dragging it all the way up to where it is now, or at least in the leveling system. It has definitely seen better days back in wrath or so when we had an active raiding team that would be there on schedule.

As far as the raid leading thing... It's not something I've done before, but I have put some thought into it. I've also seen how the commitment thing goes trying to get the same pug back together after the first night, even if they all agree to show up. Raid time rolls around and none of them are on, but... that was a while ago.
Edited by Bladebeard on 10/18/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You could always try what I did last year with Firelands and see how it goes if either of you have any inclination toward raid leading. Just find others who are like you - wanting to raid, not raiding with their current guild but otherwise happy there. Nothing says you have to be in the same guild to raid together each week and have a good time.It's a lot of work though. It's hard to find the people on this server willing to commit to showing up every week.

This is what the 2nd raid team in Exiles of Azeroth did for a while during DS and how I came to join them. Team 1 was mostly guild members and commited to the times they ran DS. Team 2 only managed to get about half full of guild members, so they looked to the outside to fill the rest. I pugged with them several weeks in a row before leaving my mostly dead old guild to join EoA. We never managed to get a full group of guild members commited to raiding with Team 2 every week, but we did have people from several other guilds we brought every week.

Team 1 eventually got burned out with raiding DS and most of them unsubbed for the rest of cata. This was too bad as I think they could have pushed for heroic progression if they had wanted to. Team 2 plugged along as best we could until late cata when we finally had to call it quits due to commitment issues.

There has been some talk of a new raid team for MoP, but nothing official yet. Sadly, most of Team 1 didn't come back. Most that are left are still leveling up, gearing up in heroics, or grinding faction rep. Hopefully we can get at least 1 raid team going at some point.

(sorry, didn't see the date)
Edited by Vyeeria on 10/25/2012 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
No worries about the bumps.

I think a lot of people still forget we're very early in the expansion and having to gear from scratch. Unless you have a lot of time to play the game on your hands, its hard to get gear you need.

We just need to give things another month or so. BWR hasn't had a strong raiding community in years but things will get more active than they are right now.
Reply Quote
No worries about the bumps.

I think a lot of people still forget we're very early in the expansion and having to gear from scratch. Unless you have a lot of time to play the game on your hands, its hard to get gear you need.

We just need to give things another month or so. BWR hasn't had a strong raiding community in years but things will get more active than they are right now.

Sucks when life slaps you down, I honestly wish the xpac would have been released around christmas like it was with Cata, releasing it in September wasn't a good idea. Universities, schools of all kinds are in full swing.

I haven't even had a chance to touch my main, my hunter is sitting at 87 but this baby, nope nothing. School is hurting badly. Not to mention that NaNoWriMo (national Novel writers month) Starts in a week.

I'm hoping that by Christmas at least i'll have one 90... we shall see. But yeah it takes people on our server just a lil bit to get there, but once more people hit 90 and start to gear it's raid spam central for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
we're five weeks into the expansion.

five weeks

we're not blood legion or dream paragon

we're BWR

listen to the monks:

"slooowwww downnnn"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
listen to the monks:

"slooowwww downnnn"

No! Go faster!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/26/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Filibuster
we're not blood legion or dream paragon

just for everyone to note, i'm posting for the perspective of a US 107 guild to let everyone know how many wipes we had as a skilled group that is as well geared as we can afford to be given our total playtime.

mogu shan vaults wipe count so far:

normal
stone guard -15
feng - 14
garajal - 6
spirit kings - 11
elegon - 40
will of the emporer - 10

heroic
stone guard - 98 (!@#$ YOU jasper chains. any week where jasper chains isn't up, its a free kill, unless you use the cheater strat we found out this week.)
feng - 37
garajal - 58
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Kerrath
stone guard - 98 (!@#$ YOU jasper chains. any week where jasper chains isn't up, its a free kill, unless you use the cheater strat we found out this week.)

I have no clue if you do 10 or 25 man, but I've heard some talk of having a melee dps go tank spec for 10 man and use them to reduce the possible jasper chain variables and making it easier to paint the floor. Not exactly sure if it's cheating, but looking at it from a pure reduction of RNG, it's pretty clever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

I have no clue if you do 10 or 25 man, but I've heard some talk of having a melee dps go tank spec for 10 man and use them to reduce the possible jasper chain variables and making it easier to paint the floor. Not exactly sure if it's cheating, but looking at it from a pure reduction of RNG, it's pretty clever.

that's what i was referring to as cheater strat. it's about as cheatasaurus as it can possibly get. it basically makes the fight a free no-effort kill. if you can do it on normal, you can do it on heroic, guaranteed.

my guild hasn't tried it because by the time we found out about it this week we had already killed stone guard, but thel said his guild tried it and they killed it the first attempt they got it.

oh, and we're 10 man.
Edited by Kerrath on 10/26/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

that's what we did and its not cheating because you are sacrificing a DPS for it

thel you know as well as i do that this is a cop-out. it completely trivializes the fight.
Edited by Kerrath on 10/26/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/26/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Thel
to be fair, it is this mentality that has driven so many away

In fairness to BWR, there were plenty of people who cleared normal DS (even full pug groups) as well as a few guilds who cleared heroic DS. I saw far more people with Destroyer's End titles then Kingslayer titles during ICC. I think we can still accomplish things when we want to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]