What's wrong with me?

90 Human Paladin
I have tried in the past to figure out all I can to make my toon better (Research and practice tells me how to play) the logistics and numbers is where I get confused.

<------- Can anyone tell me besides More heroics and such what is wrong with my toon (if anything, tho I know there is) Thank you in advance! Going to start raiding the Vaults this sunday and want to make sure I am good to go!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Missing craftable chest & hands (20x Kyparite for the patterns - Honoured with Klaxxi - x living steel x spirits - forget how many).

Missing enchants on everything.

No professions.

Not hit capped & not expertise hard capped. You really want these or as close as possible now that active mitigation is the tanking model for all classes. You don't want to be missing Shields of the Righteous and eating huge amounts of damage.

Your parry is WAY higher than your dodge, but I haven't tanked since mid Cata so I'm not sure if that's an issue anymore or not.

I would recommend DPS professions as enrage timers are very tight.

Good luck!

EDIT:
Very few things seem to be reforged, and where there are reforges you're actively moving away from hit/expertise.

I would very highly recommend checking out wowreforge. It only takes a few minutes to learn and your stat weights are available at elitist jerks.
Edited by Fenryz on 10/12/2012 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Fenryz
Your parry is WAY higher than your dodge, but I haven't tanked since mid Cata so I'm not sure if that's an issue anymore or not.

From my understanding of what I have read is that now you want Parry to be twice then Dodge. Should have mentioned besides enchants too hahaha knew that one.

Everything else thank you very much, now I have an idea of what I am looking for and can figure it out. Also, I HATE professions haha but recently decided it would be beneficial to do it *shudder* Thank you so much again!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Need more hit and expertise - avoidance tanking is no longer optimal. The new preferred method is mitigation, which gears almost like DPS: hit to 7.5%, expertise to 15% (I think that's the hard cap), then mastery, then haste. The theory behind mitigation tanking is to increase Holy Power production to get more Shields of the Righteous, since SotR gives you the 3s damage reduction and grants Bastion of Glory which strengthens your Words of Glory when cast on yourself.

Technically, mitigation does take more theoretical damage than avoidance tanking, but mitigation takes it more smoothly where avoidance can be extremely prone to unanticipated spike damage and catch your healers off guard. Also, you're gonna want to tank using Seal of Insight, since Censure damage was nerfed for Prot.

So, to now critique you directly, scrap the parry gem for an expertise gem; scrap the stam trink for a Ghost Iron Dragonling with hit, expertise, and mastery gears; reforge for the hit/expertise caps I outlined above; get some enchants; and get a better axe for transmog - The Lion's Maw out of ToC10, I think, would work well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So, to now critique you directly, scrap the parry gem for an expertise gem; scrap the stam trink for a Ghost Iron Dragonling with hit, expertise, and mastery gears; reforge for the hit/expertise caps I outlined above; get some enchants; and get a better axe for transmog - The Lion's Maw out of ToC10, I think, would work well.

Thank you so much for your help! Mitgation tanking it is then! I will look in to the reforging and gems, I have a list of enchants I just need to find an enchanter to do buisness with as AH is crazy on my server!

P.S: The fact you even threw in a transmog Axe (I LOVE TRANSMIG!!) makes you my new hero. Give yourself a pat on the back...... or a plate of cookies
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know that I would recommend dropping the stam trinket for a Dragonling - spike dmg is killer at the start of an expansion in blues and he doesn't have that good of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/12/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
get a better axe for transmog

You've just made my morning, sir!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
10/12/2012 10:20 PMPosted by Balhale
I don't know that I would recommend dropping the stam trinket for a Dragonling - spike dmg is killer at the start of an expansion in blues and he doesn't have that good of gear.

I'll give you the spike damage, but the Brewfest stam trinks (like most Brewfest trinks) are terrible. The Brewfest dodge trink, at least, allows for some reforging; better option would be to get the stam trink Mogu'shan Palace.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
5.0 Ret Guide on these forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833?page=1

Hope you find it useful. Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
5.0 Ret Guide on these forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657441833?page=1

Hope you find it useful. Good luck.

This is actually a thread about tanking; he's just logged as Ret right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]