I hate mistweavers :(

90 Goblin Shaman
Top heals, 50% overheals, always full mana.

Yes part of it is probably that I didn't raid in Cata, but just part. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Something tells me you don't like mistweavers... but I can't be sure.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Clearly she was beaten by a mistweaver, yet I destroy all other healers in LFR, regular raids, and never have 5 man dungeon problems. Something does not add up!
Edited by Bawwsko on 10/11/2012 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I wish I was 90 so that I could talk about healers being unbalanced.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/11/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Bawwsko
Clearly she was beaten by a mistweaver, yet I destroy all other healers in LFR, regular raids, and never have 5 man dungeon problems. Something does not add up!

If you're destroying Mistweavers, they are probably the worst players to ever play this game. Mistweavers are like a Holy Priest casting Divine Hymn every 20secs. TOC paladins and druids were child's play.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
10/11/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Bawwsko

You've only done 3 bosses....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm shocked that for the first time I actually leveled the right healer for a new x-pac. (Well sort of...it is the new class after all). I've always had the gimped class at the start. ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Heal harder and he won't beat you that much. In 10 man you should top them, in 25's lol sck, uplift.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
With my limited experience in 10 man normal, I would say that Mist Weavers are kind of like the new resto druid. Well except they can't really control their AoE healing as well. I think their heals just scale too well to size.

I imagine blizzard will probably end up toning down monks and bringing priests up a bit when they balance things out.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/12/2012 05:46 AMPosted by Sunflwwr
I imagine blizzard will probably end up toning down monks and bringing priests up a bit when they balance things out.

It is just taking so long... Poor priests :\
Reply Quote
23 Tauren Druid
Yeah, you're not pressing your buttons hard enough.
Reply Quote
Im around 8.4k mana no problems at all. I keep up with our resto druid we are usually wothon 1% of each other. I mean i could of beat her on elegon if i used my ele/earth totems for healing buff. But i was throwing out some eb and lb to kill orbs and some dps on boss. Im actually glad that i didnt have to do that much healing. I think we got that fight down really good.

And by the way hps doesnt matter much its the utility a shaman can bring. Just because monls hps is over the roof with raw healing what else do they bring to the raid.

And also on priests mana regen im pretty sure blizzard till wait to see how it is in more purples.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
SCK, a major MW healing move is being nerfed by 30%. I think that will solve the problem (probably overshot).
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/12/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Legionas
SCK, a major MW healing move is being nerfed by 30%. I think that will solve the problem (probably overshot).

It's already been nerfed via a hotfix a couple of days ago.

10/12/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Harpoa
Heal harder and he won't beat you that much. In 10 man you should top them, in 25's lol sck, uplift.

I'm going to go with this.

In the fights that Sensations/I have done together as Shaman/Monk, Monks simply can't meet the CD power of HTT and SLT, maybe in later tiers when we have more spell power.

Last night on H. Feng I was outhealing him, and then he went "mkayyytime4HTTbby."

Shamans, if played correctly, can be pretty devastating to heal next to. ;D

Monks in 25 Mans, however...
Edited by Staccato on 10/12/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think that, as others have pointed out, Monks simply scale much much better in 25 mans than they do in 10 mans. Druids and Disc Priests, in particular, seem to do much better in 10 mans than in 25 mans, but the nature of Monk spells and mechanics means that in a 25 person scenario they will nearly always come out on top...sometimes by miles.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Blizzard likes to "tweak" specs with a Jackhammer approach. They just recently did it with PoH and PoM and now with SCK.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If no one is dyng in the raid, does it matter who is the top healer and who isnt?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I dunno about that. SCK was great (and still is) -- but they have plenty of tools in their toolbox to maximize HPS in stacked situations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
think that, as others have pointed out, Monks simply scale much much better in 25 mans than they do in 10 mans. Druids and Disc Priests, in particular, seem to do much better in 10 mans than in 25 mans, but the nature of Monk spells and mechanics means that in a 25 person scenario they will nearly always come out on top...sometimes by miles.

For the most part, I agree with this (coming from the perspective of someone that raided as a resto druid since vanilla). The relative heals of those classes go way up in 10M. However, a well-played monk will still shine in 10M. Renewing Mist + Uplift is now essentially a burst AOE mechanic on nearly your entire raid regardless of how spread out they are. Other spells become less useful, but a well-played monk is still going to do some amazing heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]