How does Sha of Anger loot work?

90 Gnome Warrior
I was under the assumption that when you killed Sha of anger it worked like the LFR system where you had a chance at gear or gold. I'd assumed that you could either get PvP gear or gear of the spec you were currently in. Am I right in this or mistaken?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Correct. When you kill him, you're also locked from loot until resets similar to LFR.
Edited by Novalas on 10/11/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I just killed him with a group and received DPS legs while in prot/ doing the fight in prot which is why I'm confused about it. I along with my guild were under the impression that it was that way so I'm just looking for some clarification really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/11/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Unpuntable
I just killed him with a group and received DPS legs while in prot/ doing the fight in prot which is why I'm confused about it. I along with my guild were under the impression that it was that way so I'm just looking for some clarification really.

Had this problem, but was in healing spec and got shadow spec gear. /doesn'tevenhaveshadowspec. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I always thought loot was based off the spec you were playing, I killed it as a healer and got a healing tier piece. If that is in fact the case and you were tanking and not dpsing but still got a dps piece, it's possible you could make a ticket.

There's also the quest item you get off of Sha which you can turn in for boots :3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It gives you gear your CLASS can use not spec.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
Seeing that you won gear but having the wrong primary stat is crushing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Odd.
According to a post on MMO-Champion, a GM said it's a bug but GMs can be unreliable at times and so can anonymous posters.
I'm curious to know if it's actually intended to be class-specific or spec-specific then.

Blue Posts prior to Mists stated that World Bosses work exactly like LFR which would mean you should've gotten a spec-appropriate item.
07/10/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Ghostcrawler
In general world bosses work exactly like LFR.

For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss’s loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886
Of course, they may have changed that.

In the meantime, you could try opening a ticket to see if they can replace the piece but I don't know if that'll do much good. :p
Edited by Novalas on 10/11/2012 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
The really crappy thing is even if I was fury the itemization for the gear blows :( anyway thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Look at the bright side, at least you won loot... Have done it three times on 2 toons, used coins every time for 6 total rolls. Gold every time. /rage at rng!
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
I also got shadow pants from the boss today while I was in holy spec. :\ I guess they're an upgrade...sort of.

Honestly if I could I'd rather just pass these to one of the shadow priests that were in the raid.
Edited by Alona on 10/11/2012 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Odd.
According to a post on MMO-Champion, a GM said it's a bug but GMs can be unreliable at times and so can anonymous posters.
I'm curious to know if it's actually intended to be class-specific or spec-specific then.

Blue Posts prior to Mists stated that World Bosses work exactly like LFR which would mean you should've gotten a spec-appropriate item.
In general world bosses work exactly like LFR.

For each player who wins loot, the game randomly assigns them a spec-appropriate item from that boss’s loot table. This subset contains only items that the game (meaning the designers in this case) thinks are appropriate for your class and current spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886
Of course, they may have changed that.

In the meantime, you could try opening a ticket to see if they can replace the piece but I don't know if that'll do much good. :p

Definitely will not do any good, i was threaten with a suspension for GM harassment and repeatedly told they will not change the loot, there's no way for them to track the spec you were in during the fight suposedly. They do acknowledge it shouldn't have happened but refuse to just take my word that i was in holy spec and not shadow. I honestly almost unsubbed after being threatened with a suspension for trying to get them to correct something that isn't my cause or fault...left a really bad taste in my mouth. Needless to say i will never put in another ticket since they clearly don't have the customers happiness in mind. I felt like i was treated like some kind of thief or reprobate trying to steal from them.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Incorrupt
Definitely will not do any good, i was threaten with a suspension for GM harassment and repeatedly told they will not change the loot, there's no way for them to track the spec you were in during the fight suposedly. They do acknowledge it shouldn't have happened but refuse to just take my word that i was in holy spec and not shadow. I honestly almost unsubbed after being threatened with a suspension for trying to get them to correct something that isn't my cause or fault...left a really bad taste in my mouth. Needless to say i will never put in another ticket since they clearly don't have the customers happiness in mind. I felt like i was treated like some kind of thief or reprobate trying to steal from them.

If their logs don't show what spec you were in at the time then that is the answer. They seem to be aware that it is a bug. Opening tickets repeatedly for the same thing after getting an answer (even one you might not like) is cause for account actions.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Sorry for the wall of text in advance,but i thought it would be relevant to see how they ultimately are dealing with this. Here is the entirety of the email of them threatening suspension:

Dear -----,

The status of your Customer Support ticket #****** has changed to “Resolved.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Greetings,

We have already explained why we cannot swap out any additional loot. To reiterate:

- At this time, we are unsure if this is a bug or not. This is currently being investigated.
- We cannot verify you were not in Shadow spec at the time that you ran the dungeon. Anything that we cannot verify, we cannot assist with. Period.
- There is nobody who is allowed to select and pass out randomized loot, as we are not a random number generator and there is no way we can pass out loot fairly.
- there is no way we can trade out randomized loot for selected loot for any one person and maintain fairness in the community.

This is your Game Master Harassment Education. We have politely explained these points previously. We cannot assist with your issue. While I am sorry that this happened, we cannot help. If you continue to open tickets about this, we will suspend your account.

Please review our Game Master Interaction policy, found here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/game-master-interaction-policy

Again, my deepest apologies for not being able to assist in this particular matter, but this is our final answer.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
That being said, i guess were just ooked in the dookers...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/11/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Incorrupt
Sorry for the wall of text in advance,but i thought it would be relevant to see how they ultimately are dealing with this. Here is the entirety of the email of them threatening suspension

I'll quote part of my post for you then:
"Opening tickets repeatedly for the same thing after getting an answer (even one you might not like) is cause for account actions."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
They are within their right to ban you, if they see fit. They explained the situation to you and explained that they are looking into it, as Mythox said "Opening tickets repeatedly for the same thing after getting an answer (even one you might not like) is cause for account actions.". It sucks you got shadow loot when you really wanted holy, but there's nothing they can do about it.
Reply Quote
Aye got a healing off hand my first kill, I haven't specced mistweaver ever... so I have no idea.
Edited by Bones on 10/11/2012 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
10/11/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Incorrupt
Sorry for the wall of text in advance,but i thought it would be relevant to see how they ultimately are dealing with this. Here is the entirety of the email of them threatening suspension:

If you think the threat of suspension has anything to do with this issue you didn't read the email. I wish they did suspend people who sent in multiple tickets about the same issue simply because they didn't get the response they wanted.

On subject, I got ret legs as a prot pally but it was from the coin and not the boss which is why it didn't bother me. This does kind of stink if it is the case but considering I never thought bh or voa to be a legitimate gearing up process I should expect the same of Sha.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/11/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Veroicone
They are within their right to ban you, if they see fit. They explained the situation to you and explained that they are looking into it, as Mythox said "Opening tickets repeatedly for the same thing after getting an answer (even one you might not like) is cause for account actions.". It sucks you got shadow loot when you really wanted holy, but there's nothing they can do about it.

I don't feel that is a very good resolution though. Tell me why when they obviously see this is happening to multiple people and acknowledge it shouldn't be that it is not reasonable to correct THEIR error and distribute the proper loot to the people that got shafted by this bug? It's not like were asking for an un-fair advantage..if you check spriest tier and holy tier they have the EXACT same stats except the tier bonus. Seems to me since i have never asked anything of Blizzard and have kept an active subscription for 5 years plus own every game on their store that swapping this out would not be too much to ask. How is any of that unfair to anyone else or unreasonable?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]