Accountability with kick function

I'm so very pissed off right now. >.>

I ran with a group pulling my fair share of DPS. We downed the 2nd to last boss and a cloak dropped that was a massive upgrade for me. Naturally i rolled need on it.

I win the roll, and the healer (whom had just joined the group right before that boss) flips out and cusses me out for taking it because it was a mildly better upgrade for him than it was for me. Do we talk about it peacefully and come to some kind of an agreement? No. Does he ask whether or not i'd consider giving it to him? No. Instead, before i can even respond, he initiates a vote to kick, and in seconds i'm gone.

I Messaged the tank and asked him what the hell happened and he said he didn't know. He said he'd voted no.

There's a massive problem with people being trigger happy with bans and clicking yes without even considering what's going on. I know for a fact that not everyone in the group actually looked at the items and stats and decided that i was wrong for taking it, as most of them were too far away to even inspect my gear before i won the roll and equipped the item (they wouldn't have known what i was wearing before.)

Now i'm stuck in a queue waiting for another !@#$ing hour to redo the entire instance from the start just to get my daily random done because some pissy healer with an instant queue lost a roll and the other two DPS were jumpy.
Edited by Faolán on 10/11/2012 8:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
I'm so very pissed off right now. >.>

I ran with a group pulling my fair share of DPS. We downed the 2nd to last boss and a cloak dropped that was a massive upgrade for me. Naturally i rolled need on it.

I win the roll, and the healer (whom had just joined the group right before that boss) flips out and cusses me out for taking it because it was a mildly better upgrade for him than it was for me. Do we talk about it peacefully and come to some kind of an agreement? No. Does he ask whether or not i'd consider giving it to him? No. Instead, before i can even respond, he initiates a vote to kick, and in seconds i'm gone.

I Messaged the tank and asked him what the hell happened and he said he didn't know. He said he'd voted no.

There's a massive problem with people being trigger happy with bans and clicking yes without even considering what's going on. I know for a fact that not everyone in the group actually looked at the items and stats and decided that i was wrong for taking it, as most of them were too far away to even inspect my gear before i won the roll and equipped the item (they wouldn't have known what i was wearing before.)

Now i'm stuck in a queue waiting for another !@#$ing hour to redo the entire instance from the start just to get my daily random done because some pissy healer with an instant queue lost a roll and the other two DPS were jumpy.

What exactly is the massive problem you're talking about? A majority of the players in the group felt that the group would be better off without you in it so you were kicked.

Working as intended.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
Is it fair? no.

Would any chance to prevent this happening again make it worse? Yes.

So just queue up again. Blizzard can't fix the idiots being in the majority.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Ahh alliance drama I soooo don't miss it. There is a reason to roll horde.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/16/2012 03:38 AMPosted by Platinumrat
Ahh alliance drama I soooo don't miss it. There is a reason to roll horde.

Nothings different on horde.

I actually experienced my first votekick this week, in an LFD group in BRD, it was an obvious emperor run, all 53-55s, and it was the only option in my Monk's que list, Im tank.

I take the mole machine to the guzzler, and say "Please take the machine to the Grim Guzzler", and I get no response, I notice resource fluxations among party members, so I know they're in combat, I port and notice they're running around hitting things going around in circles in the center of the jail area, I ask again, nobody responds, so I go to my mole machine and start soloing my way to the emperor, and I get a "you have been removed from the group"

After this, I did nothing but laugh, and be thankful that I had no deserter, and had put 1 of them on ignore, but this TLDR story says, if you get kicked for an unfair reason, laugh about it, you'll feel better ^_^

And if you get kicked for a fair reason, stop doing it.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/16/2012 3:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]