MOP Budget Computer Build

90 Human Hunter
Hello everyone, since my old computer cant handle anymore MOP without freezing, bugging etc, im going to build a Budget computer to run it if not at ultra, at least on high settings.
Will this do?

Cooler master Elite 430 Case .....................................................$50
PSU- Corsair GS 800 ................................................................$50
Intel i5-2500k 3.36 Ghz LGA1155 95W ......................................$ 200
GTX560 EVGA 1024 MB DDR5 .................................................$200
Ripjaw GSkill F3-12800 CL9D 1600 Mhz .....................................$40
ASRock 277 LGA1155 Motherboard ............................................$130
Western Digital 500 GB WD Blue SATA II 5400 RPM 8 MB Cache ...$50
LG Superspeed DVD-R Optical Drive Unit .....................................$20
Coolermaster V6GT ...................................................................$50

Total: $820 USD

Resume:
CPU: 3.36 Ghz Intel
Ram: 8Gb DDR3
Video: 1gb DDR5 Nvidia
HDD: 500 GB
Power Supply: 800Watt

Desired FPS on Ultra/High Settings: 50

What do you think about it? Any suggests? Better brands for the same budget?

I also planned a 800W Power supply for future upgrades.

Will this Run MOP at a decent level? Im tired of playing with the minimum Video settings.

Current Build (Old and Heavily Outdated)
CPU: 1.6 Ghz Dual Core 2 Duo
Ram: 3Gb DDR2 600Mhz
Video: Ati 128 MB
HDD: 320 Gb 5krpm WD
Power Supply: OEM Gateway
FPS: Up to 40 Fps in Main Cities with lower video settings when its not crashing
Windows Vista 32

__________________________________________________________________________All the listed prices are from Amazon and i already Own a Decent HP w19b Screen a Sidewinder Keyboard and a logitech gaming mouse.

Speakers: USB Headset and some old 5.1 Logitech Speaker System (Modified)

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot!
Edited by Corsaír on 10/12/2012 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
40 Human Priest
Honestly that isnt really a budget PC lol. An i3 build would be considered budget, and unless you plan on streaming a dual core produces similar FPS in WoW as a quad. If you live near a microcenter, you can get a ivy bridge i3 for 125.00 bucks, and then they give you 50 bucks off a motherboard, in which a h-61 or h-67 would basically be free.

For video card a 560se is a much better value than the regular 560 or 560ti. A 6850 is a really good value when you can find them for 130.00 with no rebates, but remember nvidia plays wow better than AMD cards, so if you play mostly blizzard games i suggest sticking to nvidia (and a 560 SE is all you need for wow at 1080p resolution).

An 800w power supply is massive overkill, but if that PSU is 80+ rated or better (bronze, silver, or gold), and has at least a 3yr warranty, 50 dollars is an outstanding deal for that.

You could save 30 bucks on CPU cooler, the hyper 212+ is 20 dollars and i have heard it actually does a better job than the v6 or v8 coolers they produce.

I would upgrade ram slightly and go with the cas8/blue heatsink version of that gskill ram:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445

Get a 7200 RPM hard drive, 5400 has noticeably slower load times:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136769

The case you selected is only "ok". There are cases with far better cooling performance for only slightly more money, this 300 illusion for example (4 pre installed fans) :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

If you dont live near a microcenter i still suggest going with a dual core ivy bridge on newegg. Select the CPU you want and go down to combo deals, you can usually find it paired with a motherboard for cheaper. Also, if you are not in a hurry to buy subscribe to the newegg newsletter and wait for promo codes and combo deals. When i built my PC last august everything in my newegg cart had all of these things: Had a promo code, free shipping, or was in a combo deal. I spent 830.00 total on my PC, bought everything from newegg including monitor and windows 7, CPU and motherboard were the only two things i did not buy there, got them from microcenter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Thank you very much, i was thinking of an 800w psu having in mind upgrading my build in a year or two or as the money flows.

Those memory sets are indeed better and yeah what im basically looking is to jump from awful to real candy eye in wow with this computer, for other games i go xbox so it would be basically just for wow and SCII. Ive heard that there are better coolers than the V6, i was thinking about a corsair liquid cooling if they werent so hard to get.

For the case i had in mind a corsair one or a CM690 wich both are awesome but wanted it to be a lil more budget. Humm right now i can go as far as 1k for a build if i tighten my belt a lil.

Indeed theres a microcenter near home, but i dont rely too much on the quality of their products, i rather amazon or newegg it.

The parts i say here are moreless what ive been looking around in a lot of builds and good prices, yeah the 800 one its a bronze at 50 bucks new from a big sale on a nearby store. I wonder how much overkill it is.

I was thinking moreless about 200w vcard 95w chip, 200w cooler on the big picture.

This is why i like wow forums, always you can find so much useful info...

Thanks again ill use your suggests!
Reply Quote
40 Human Priest
No problem.

Microcenter is where you should buy your CPU and MOBO tho, you can save over 100 dollars on your build if you buy these parts there. Not sure what you mean about quality of their products, they sell the same parts as newegg and amazon lol :P

Also, parts usually tend to consume less power as time goes on (because of technology, stuff gets smaller=less power consumed). Unless you plan on adding additional parts like more hard drives, more disk drives, pretty lights etc, a 500w psu would be all you would need. But like i said if you can grab that 800w for that price, thats a really good deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=78546&vpn=M5A99X%20Evo%20R2%2E0%268150&manufacture=Others

what do you guys think of this combo? building a new computer and I think this combo seems the best for the price?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]