Who STILL loves their priest(s)?

90 Human Priest
After so many vents, rants, complaints, fix requests, etc. going around these threads - I simply had to try to put something POSITIVE in here. (Sue me..it's Friday dammit and Fridays ROCK - so let's get this party started!)

Even with the mana regen issues, the throughput (?) issues, and the wishes for a few tweaks, I find I still LOVE/ADORE my priest. I also, personally, kinda like the challenge in front of us in terms of proving ourselves. I don't want it to be eyes-closed easy. My guildies/random groups for the most part are laughing ourselves silly when we die/wipe in heroics whether it's me (not usually actually!) or another that did the big "OOPS!".

Anyone else?! Come on!!!

SIDENOTE: How about reading through the forums folks before posting yet another vent/fix complain thread? THERE ARE MANY to choose from!
Edited by Jaenna on 10/12/2012 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I still do love my priest. I think everyone is over-reacting with how inefficient Disc is right now (with most people going into Random BGs with PvE gear). Once the dust settles, and people get geared up, start to figure out actual strategy with their talents, I think we'll find out that we're a little better than what people think.

Although, I will always be Holy for raiding.
Reply Quote
Me. I will always love her. <3

and ...

10/12/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Jaenna
I also, personally, kinda like the challenge in front of us in terms of proving ourselves. I don't want it to be eyes-closed easy.

Very well said.
Edited by Morenn on 10/12/2012 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm not 90 yet, but we went through the same phase in early Cata too with these forums filled with "I'm quitting my priest, way to fail Blizz! GG!" Granted, we were gimped for quite a bit of T11, but not as much as everyone claimed (kinda like now). ...It passed, so will this. There will ALWAYS be people complaining about something with any class. With the ~6 years I've been playing my Priest, I've learned to shrug them off.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
I'm loving my priest on Disc but having some trouble on shadow. Luckily we have a great shadow guide stickied and gonna try out some new glyphs on my next play-through to see if that helps.

I just love how when we may be a little under tuned people say we are doing 1/2 or less the healing dps of other classes.

RFD was a blast as a disc healer.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm not a big fan of Priest healing again, but I love my DPS.

PvP wise, I took a downfall because I mained Disc for arenas. Even shadow is an oom machine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My priest was my first 85 and my first 90. I have a few alts I've dabbled with, but between the nostalgia, the Holy play style and the fact that I've already put 3 weeks of dailies into him, I can't imagine ever switching to another main. Even through the mana issues and our struggle to keep up with the other healers, I've accepted the challenge. Alts are alts, but priest for good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
neva gonna give u up
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I will love my priest no matter what they do to us. I will hold on forever <3

10/12/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Tsilyi
neva gonna give u up
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Never gonna stop loving my holy priest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've been enjoying priest disc healing in MoP much more than I did in Cataclysm. I stayed Holy during that time. One thing that seems to help out a lot with disc healing is to keep the tank bubbled. Tank's bubble gets fully absorbed and you get mana back equal to 150% of your spirit, which is pretty significant. I typically don't bubble the dps unless they do something stupid and almost get killed. One other thing that helps is I always use Penance on the enemy and not directly on a player. Why? Because Penance does more dmg than it does healing and Atonment heals a nearby player for exactly the same amount as the dmg done. Add that with the Archangel ability and you have some power healing going on there. Smite and a glyphed insta-Holy Fire with 5 stacks of Evangelism and Archangel keeps the group topped off all the time. In emergencies, pop Inner Focus, Spirit Shell and Prayer of Healing, then go to town with smite, holy fire, and penance on the boss or nearby mobs. Hasn't failed me once and my gear isn't even that great. Read up on your abilities (especially the passive ones) and see what you have available to you. It's really not that bad.
Edited by Sterna on 10/12/2012 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
My only spat with the priest class came at the end of BC when Shadow was stripped of a lot of utility to buff damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I will love my priest no matter what they do to us. I will hold on forever <3

neva gonna give u up

I believe this accurately represents your feelings:

http://www.shallownation.com/images/rick-astley-rick-roll-pie-chart.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
These are the kinds of responses I like to see :) Huzzah for the priest love. And for anyone that thought this was a thread to give me tips....ah nope. Read again. :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm still loving my disc priest
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't hit 90 yet either (work, wife and drinking take up a lot of my time) but regardless of what happens I will still love my priest.

10/12/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Jaenna
I also, personally, kinda like the challenge in front of us in terms of proving ourselves. I don't want it to be eyes-closed easy.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Empathize
I love my priest and always will.

This.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Priest
A priest was my second level 60 in vanilla and has been my first max level character with every expansion since then. Love the priests! LOVE THEM!!! DO EEET!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
10/12/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Pain
A priest was my second level 60 in vanilla and has been my first max level character with every expansion since then. Love the priests! LOVE THEM!!! DO EEET!!!!!!

This is creepy, because it's exactly my history with priests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]