Other Storage Methods

100 Pandaren Rogue
What would be nice to see would be a system that would store things such as leather, herbs, ores, enchanting, ect... in to a list that is similar to the currencies that we currently have. This would free up a lot of space in our backpacks and still have the reagents we need readily available. This system would have to differ though. Since many people make a profit from selling such items. There would have to be a way to take it out of the "storage" to place on the auction house.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
relatively easy fixes:

-allow all stackable, non-unique items to stack up to 100 (if not more)
-give us a second bank tab, ala guild banks
-give us an extra row of bank bag slots, even if they're only configured to hold profession bags

more complicated fixes:

-changed tabbards from being physical items to something like titles
-new "armory" bags
-cheaper voidstorage to make it a more viable option for transmog gear

my own idea I'd love to see -- a second "paper doll" in your character screen for your offspec. gear assigned to this wouldn't take up bag space and would be automatically equipped when changing specs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Storage solutions:

1. Tabard tab. "learn" the tabard much like pets and mounts.

2. Crafter's workshop. much like the building given for tranmogging this would be a 1 stop shop for crafting needs. There would be an anvil/forge, trade goods vender (threads and tailoring inks etc), and a "Crafter's vault" - this would be like voidstorage except you could only put in non-soulbound stackable prof related items (also would cost far less, 1g to store)

3. Larger stacks. Cloth, ore, leather,etc...all stack to 100 now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
1. Allow mats,food stack to 200 instead of 20.
2. Put in a quest bag like the keyring before they got rid of it to put quest items in only.
3. Vanity tab to learn vanity items like Totom of Harmony or Brewfest Keg like you do with mounts and pets(Battlepets.)
4. Allow lockboxes to stack to 20.
5. Another row of bag bank slots in the personal bank with another top portion tab.
6. Another tab in Voidstorage.
7. Rep item bag for rep items like Dread Amber Shards.
8. 8 more tabs for the Guild bank to be made available.
9. Tabard tabs to learn Tabards.
10. If all else fails make 50 plus slot bags.
Edited by Zamaria on 10/14/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
"Increasing Stack Size would help A LOT."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This is the stupidest thing ever!!!

Really? Blizzard needs to ask us this !@#$? The answers are so simple.

They could implement pretty much any of this and it would be an improvement.

For cripes sake!

Bigger stacks.
Bigger Bags.
Personal Banks that are just like Guild Banks! Give us tabs not bag spaces!
More Tabs for Banks, Personal and Guild!

I know it is not just me, but dam, I don't have room to keep everything I want to keep. Been around since since early BC and that's allot of crap.

Agh!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
make it so that stacks can be infinite.... not just 20.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
10/13/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Saturn
Maybe tell them to stop being chumps and charging for void storage and/or making more tabs.

this. i wont ever use void storage cause the cost and things have to be soulbound? actually looked at it other day and said f that on both of those

10/13/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Nymme
Transmog closet. My banks be full yo.

this they should steal rifts method of a wardrobe tab put your stuff in the proper slots and check box for show/hide and your toon will always look like that no matter what you equip.

also i wanna throw in the perfect solution. just give us all a personal version of the guild bank and let us by tabs just like guild bank. its the only reason i made myself my very own guild was to mainly use the guild bank for storage ntm all my toons have access to it so i dont have to mail myself everything anymore
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/14/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Spééd
make it so that stacks can be infinite.... not just 20.

Infinite can't be coded in that would be like having a infinite hard drive space not humanly possiable.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Priest
Increasing stack sizes would help a ton with mats and reagents.

Giving us a toy tab like the mount and pet tab would also be a nice clutter reduction. (Making it account wide would be a very nice bonus.)

The big space hog for me is cool looking gear, though. To be honest, I don't like the void storage solution. One of the biggest headaches is finding what you are looking for, and search only goes so far. (It's pretty useless if you don't remember the name of the item you were looking for.) Void storage works just like bags and banks, and doesn't really allow much in the way of organization.

What I think would be really cool would be the ability to take an item to a special NPC that turns it into a learnable "wardrobe" item. (This wardobe item would be stripped of gems/enchants, and not equipable.) You would then learn it like a pet or mount, and we'd get a nice tab with all of the wardrobe items ready for transmog. Having a list with both an icon and the name text makes it easier to look through things, and filters for item slot would also make it easier to find stuff. Add in a nice preview frame like we get for pets and mounts, and I think things would feel a lot less cumbersome. It would also give you some freedom to have different trading options for the wardrobe item. Perhaps some could be BoA or even fully tradeable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tabard Journal - would work just like mount/pet journal
Gear Journal - would work as above and hold gear in its entirety for both specs

Food Pantry or Root Cellar - located at halfhill, to house all mats from crops
Meat Cooler - to house all pandarian meats and fish

Toy Box Journal - again would work like mount/pet journal, would hold all silly fun items ie:
train, train wrecker, flute, mask, spittoon, orange painted turnip, tiny rag
dolls, mini zeps, all the misc little things via archaeology and the list goes
on and on.

Quest Item Page - a separate tab behind our main bag we all start with that we can access
via clicking "quest items", would house of course ALL quest related items,
lvling a new character, bag space can quickly fill when you have to collect
goretusks snouts, flesh ripper meat, liver, okra etc, other games have
this why not wow?

lastly

Archaeology Tab - to hold all the troll frgs, dwarven, nerubian, nightelf etc and the grey
venderable junk until we hit a vender
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I think the warddrobe idea above is the best I've seen.

The multiple toy tab, etc... is just too much IMO.

I think if a way was found for transmog and then taking care of food would help a lot.

It would also help if the quests would take back what they give you and if you couldn't "overloot".

I.E. I have the lasoo for the cloud serpent hatchling roundup on both my 90's (after completing the quest). And today both of them ended up with extra of that drink for the cloud serpent quests which I destroyed to get it out of my bags.
Edited by Carriedeszsg on 10/15/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've posted before that they could add a choice to gear to turn them into a transmog style. It could remove the item and turn it into a style skin and we could have a transmog tab. This would remove items from the game, helping to eliminate item lag, and free up tons of bag space.

We also need a toy box or vanity item tab.

I posted a new thread suggesting a way to add an icebox or root cellar to Halfhill for our food items.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Upgrade transmog in the following way

-Bind on account transmog closet. Anything put in can be used on your armor accountwide. Doesn't apply stats of the piece just the look. Has to match armor class though.

Also make less charms of good fortune currency and I liked the grummle idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If there truly was no options for bigger bags? Hm.

- Extra slots for void storage. I keep having nostalgic flashbacks to the menu system in Resident Evil 4. Sure you had a big box for your stage but I remember that the menu would slide around when you moved the control stick. Perhaps just have the option to swap back and forth between slides of void storage. Yes that is a common video game thing but due to a very catchy song about Resident Evil 6 I'm having nostalgia hit me in the face over 4. ( I still hate those Regenerators btw )

- Bigger Banks. That one screen of space we get ( excluding the bags we can put there ) is rather small

- A portable bank/void storage. If a Yak mount can carry around a reforger I would like to have a companion that doubles as a bank or void storage when you click on him. Yes like the Goblin racial feature.

I did hear there will be food baggies in the next patch so no requests there. A big storage by your farm would've been better. But eh. Food bags are fine since we could've gotten nothing at all.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
If there truly was no options for bigger bags? Hm.

- Extra slots for void storage. I keep having nostalgic flashbacks to the menu system in Resident Evil 4. Sure you had a big box for your stage but I remember that the menu would slide around when you moved the control stick. Perhaps just have the option to swap back and forth between slides of void storage. Yes that is a common video game thing but due to a very catchy song about Resident Evil 6 I'm having nostalgia hit me in the face over 4. ( I still hate those Regenerators btw )

- Bigger Banks. That one screen of space we get ( excluding the bags we can put there ) is rather small

- A portable bank/void storage. If a Yak mount can carry around a reforger I would like to have a companion that doubles as a bank or void storage when you click on him. Yes like the Goblin racial feature.

I did hear there will be food baggies in the next patch so no requests there. A big storage by your farm would've been better. But eh. Food bags are fine since we could've gotten nothing at all.

It wouldn't need to be by the farm. I was just thinking about that and it could be a "Purchasable" Housing Upgrade for Farmer Yoon.

They could even lore it in by having one of the locals come over and build a root cellar onto the bottom of farmer yoons house with a door.

This could easily be a walk in room filled with shelves where you place vegetables, meats, etc... Maybe at a little refrigerator just for kicks and giggles
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I've posted before that they could add a choice to gear to turn them into a transmog style. It could remove the item and turn it into a style skin and we could have a transmog tab. This would remove items from the game, helping to eliminate item lag, and free up tons of bag space.

We also need a toy box or vanity item tab.

I posted a new thread suggesting a way to add an icebox or root cellar to Halfhill for our food items.

So what you mean is if a mog set armor you like you hand it in for the armor design in the Transmog so you can always have it like a learned formula?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Easily the biggest issue for me is the novelty items and on-use holiday items.

Things like the Romantic Picnic Basket, Orb of the Sindorei, Orb of Deception, Archaeology items, etc.

I have 112 total spots of bank and bag space being taken up by these items. They added a bunch more in MoP (I already have the rarespawn drop aggro horn thing, and the bag that turns you into the doctor from Strat, to name a couple).

I would like to see a menu for these instead of having them take up bag space.

Any permanent (no charge based) item or soulbound item that has an on-use with a cooldown (Or in the Vrykul Drinking Horn's case, without one I suppose) could be incorporated into a menu the way pets and mounts are. You did have to carry pets and mounts individually once upon a time, so the system is there and could be converted.

I feel like this would do huge things for freeing up the bag space of long term players and collectors.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]