Bulk Transfer to EU Realm from US

(Locked)

90 Goblin Priest
I will be moving to Europe by the end of the month for work, and will be there for a looooong time.

I will need to move my account to EU Realms, I've been trying to use the ticket and sadly GMs weren't any of help besides restating the rules which I read. Also, they're giving me contradicting information on having Access and Char Xfer cross-region...

I've been playing WoW for a long time, I'd like to see Blizzard showing some kind of loyalty back to the users instead of telling me to open a new account and xfer your toons one by one.
90 Human Paladin
It has nothing to do with loyalty and everything to do with this request currently being impossible.

EU and NA versions of the game, for all sakes and purposes, are independent of each other and can be considered different games.

You cannot transfer characters between the regions. Sorry, its just not possible.
Support Forum Agent
At this time there is absolutely NO way to do region transfers.

You can still play on your North American accounts.

You are free to setup fresh, new, EU licenses - but there is simply no functionality to transfer between regions I'm afraid.
90 Goblin Priest
Then how come one of my toons actually got transferred and I got charged for that???
61 Worgen Priest
10/12/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Redoner
Then how come one of my toons actually got transferred and I got charged for that???

Tell Orlyia the toon. Also tell her the EU realm it was on and the US realm it was transferred to.

I am sure you will find that it was transferred to another EU realm. The clients are not able to communicate this way in order to do transfers.
90 Goblin Priest
My toon Redonr is transferred to Draenor-Eu and transaction is marked as Complete, also I don't see it on the list of toons I have anymore.

If it isn't possible to xfer cross-regionally; how come it actually worked out? ***Bug Alert***
Support Forum Agent

Are you referring to your 39 Monk? That was a realm transfer, not a region transfer.
90 Gnome Warlock

They were not transfered from a US realm to an EU realm, or vise versa. That is physically impossible to do. Some of the US and EU realms have the same names, but currently you can not transfer from one region to the other. More then likely you transfered to a realm that has the same name.
90 Goblin Priest
Is there a way to undo the xfer and get a refund?

Bottom line;

I can't xfer my toons to EU Realms and I need to start over if I want to play in EU server;my only chance is to play in the same server I've been playing but I won't be able attend the raids/events because of the time difference...
Support Forum Agent
Is there a way to undo the xfer and get a refund?

Bottom line;

I can't xfer my toons to EU Realms and I need to start over if I want to play in EU server;my only chance is to play in the same server I've been playing but I won't be able attend the raids/events because of the time difference...

For that, you'd need to contact Billing now that it's gone through.

Contact Information can be found in this article.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact
60 Undead Rogue
Actually, there is no good reason for this limitation. The game is entirely the same between the US and EU; the only difference is in client language, the data for which is stored in a subdirectory. The basic game client is identical. I've played on US realms using the client in German and Russian. It's not an issue at all.

The only difference is server-side, where Blizz maintains separate systems. They most certainly could implement a merger of US and EU realms, but choose not to. Why? Probably just to save themselves the expenses of doing so, sacrificing customer convenience for their own.

The same applies to their other modern titles, incidentally. Starcraft II and Diablo III are the same basic application, no matter which language (for SCII) happens, or languages (for DIII) happen to be installed and used. The separation only makes some sense with DIII, where there is the real money auction house to consider.

Blizzard, combine the US and EU realms for all of your games. Don't expect your players to buy your games twice and pay separate subscription fees. While you're at it, quit going all George Lucas on World of Warcraft, making endless changes to what needed no fixing to begin with and then making the original completely unavailable. MMOs are unique for making permanent changes to the game client and game world, and in the process making what was cease to exist for every legitimate player. Should we have to turn to private servers, something you strongly discourage, in order to play WoW as it used to be? Think of your players instead of your bottom line and your shareholders.

Thanks.
90 Pandaren Mage
01/06/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Barty
Actually, there is no good reason for this limitation.

Different ToUs, different laws in each country.

I'm sure it would cost almost nothing for Blizzard to actually migrate an account, as it's just 1s and 0s over a network. However, each country has different laws and each version has different ToUs to follow.

MMOs are unique for making permanent changes to the game client and game world, and in the process making what was cease to exist for every legitimate player.

Have you ever played any other MMO ever? This is the norm. MMOs are about progression, not living in the past. You'll find that a lot of non-MMOs are also doing the same thing as well.
Edited by Trehtik on 1/6/2013 3:40 PM PST
14 Blood Elf Priest

I think that what you mean to say is "I'm not aware of any of the reasons though there are many that are completely legitimate."

Just because you don't understand their reasoning, doesn't mean that there could not possibly be non-computer related issues.

Blizzard, combine the US and EU realms for all of your games

If you'd like to suggest such a combination....one that could never and will never work...you're welcome to do so over in General. But I see no possible way to accomplish such a task and keep the entire player base happy.

So many things come to mind....names for example. Who gets your name on your realm? You or the person from the EU realm who had it longer? Guild names too. Language differences...

Anyway, general is the forum you're looking for.

Edit:
Should we have to turn to private servers, something you strongly discourage,

It's not discouraged...it's against the law. As in real laws, not Blizzard rules. Those servers break actual law and are punishable under the law.
Edited by Perl on 1/6/2013 3:42 PM PST
60 Undead Rogue

Different ToUs, different laws in each country.

I'm sure it would cost almost nothing for Blizzard to actually migrate an account, as it's just 1s and 0s over a network. However, each country has different laws and each version has different ToUs to follow.

MMOs are unique for making permanent changes to the game client and game world, and in the process making what was cease to exist for every legitimate player.

Have you ever played any other MMO ever? This is the norm. MMOs are about progression, not living in the past. You'll find that a lot of non-MMOs are also doing the same thing as well.

MMOs are certainly about "progression," namely through a character leveling process and a story arc. It has nothing to do with constantly changing the base game and forcing players to upgrade to new content. They leave us no option but to leave the game, which I've done.. You won't find a top level character on my account for a reason. I vote with my dollars, which is all I can do.

As for laws, that's just a convenient excuse. We get to play on US, Latin American and Oceanic realms with just one game license and subscription. The EU account can play on all available European realms + the Russian realms, though a Russian-specific account (paid in rubles) is limited to Russian realms. This was done to give Russian players a cheaper option to play in their language, and again has zilch to do with international laws. It clearly has much more to do with cost vs demand and benefit than with any legal limits.

I also know of MMOs that let a player use one account to play on US and EU realms, namely Runes of Magic and D&D Online. They seem to have no such legal issues.
Edited by Barty on 1/6/2013 4:15 PM PST
14 Blood Elf Priest
01/06/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Barty
It has nothing to do with constantly changing the base game and forcing players to upgrade to new content.

What? Actually, MMOs are about constant change. Any MMO that hasn't introduced new content, new play styles, new items....etc....has not survived. Seems odd that you're saying that the most popular MMO has it all wrong.

Not to mention that nobody is forced to upgrade and that since introduction, they now include BC and Wrath in the Vanilla version at no additional cost.

Again....this is the wrong forum for your debate. No such forum to argue this actually exists. If you want to suggest that they merge all servers in NA and EU, do so in General.
25 Night Elf Druid
Bottom line is that's its a service they don't offer.

If you'd like to see it offered then you'll want to post constructively in General. Not condescendingly like you have been.

Have a nice day.
60 Undead Rogue
It has nothing to do with constantly changing the base game and forcing players to upgrade to new content.

What? Actually, MMOs are about constant change. Any MMO that hasn't introduced new content, new play styles, new items....etc....has not survived. Seems odd that you're saying that the most popular MMO has it all wrong.

Not to mention that nobody is forced to upgrade and that since introduction, they now include BC and Wrath in the Vanilla version at no additional cost.

Again....this is the wrong forum for your debate. No such forum to argue this actually exists. If you want to suggest that they merge all servers in NA and EU, do so in General.

New content is one thing - changing the game from the ground up repeatedly and altering the entire game world is another. Is it too much to task to have older game content available for $15/mo? I don't think so. I'd like to have a choice in the matter.

And again, this US - EU limitation is artificial, which is what I was posting about to begin with. Not that I started this thread - if it's off topic here, why don't they move the whole thing to General? Seems simple enough.
Edited by Barty on 1/6/2013 4:25 PM PST
25 Night Elf Druid
01/06/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Barty
if it's off topic here, why don't they move the whole thing to General? Seems simple enough.

Because a Blue here answered it.

Answered the OP's issue.

You're suggestion/feedback/discussion has nothing to do with the OP's issue.

His issue was "can it be done?". No.

Your suggestions belong elsewhere.

The Blues in CS are not developers, nor liaisons to them. Additionally the developers do not read this forum for feedback,complaint, or suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413134207#10

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415606749#2

While our Developers appreciate any feedback you may have regarding the game it is important that these posts be not only constructive but also in the correct location. Development and our Community Managers do not read the CS forum normally and we do not serve as liaisons with them.

If you would like your feedback seen by the appropriate parties, please post in the forum that is best associated with your subject. For example if you have feedback on a specific class, post within that classes forum. For feedback that does not fit within a specific forum the General Discussion forum is best.

Make certain that your feedback is constructive, if you do not like something make sure you have a "why",how do you think it should work? Make sure your post is easy to read and understand. Proper paragraphs and grammar help a great deal, keep your points clear and concise and try to avoid drifting into exaggerations.

While our Developers and Community Managers are not usually able to respond directly to such threads they are read and again, very much appreciated. Player feedback is always considered, even if it may not always be applied.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/suggestions-to-improve-the-game

Suggestions to Improve the Game

Blizzard is lucky to have fans who take the time to contribute new game ideas and suggestions for improving our products. While we value the feedback and perspective our players offer, we cannot accept suggestions via email or petition. Suggestions must follow one of two avenues:

Forums

Suggestions can be submitted to the development teams through our official forums. The forums provide a valuable opportunity for Blizzard staff members to collect feedback from those who know our games best. When you create a suggestion post on the forums, select the forum that most closely matches the subject of your feedback. While we cannot guarantee a response, we can assure you that the Forums are read regularly, and the suggestions posted there do make an impact on our game designs.

Note: A valid World of Warcraft account is needed to post on the World of Warcraft Forums.

In-Game

Suggestions can also be submitted in-game. The suggestions submitted in this manner will go directly to the development teams – customer support will not provide a response to your suggestion. To submit a suggestion in-game:

1. Click to open the Customer Support window

2. Click Submit Suggestion.

3. Enter your suggestion. Be sure to follow the guidelines on the submission form.

4. Click Submit.

Our development teams are hard at work to bring you new and exciting content. Similarly to the forums, we cannot guarantee a personal response to suggestions submitted using the in-game form. However, we can assure you that your suggestion will be read and considered.
Edited by Thunderwulf on 1/6/2013 4:29 PM PST
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
Is it too much to task to have older game content available for $15/mo?

Yes, it is. The amount of work it takes to backport bugfixes and content balancing is double - if not more - than what the developers do right now. Unless you're suggesting that Blizzard hire twice as many developers...

And again, this US - EU limitation is artificial, which is what I was posting about to begin with.

Not according to the lawyers, it's not. Because of how contract law works in the US and the EU - and, more to the point, the differences between them - the EULA and ToU, which are both legally-binding contracts, are not interchangeable between regions.

Lawyers say no. You don't get a say.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]