Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

100 Orc Warrior
The amount of time required for FOOD, just one of the buffs, is stupid, not sure how you can deny this. 5 food takes 1 daily token, which is bad enough, but then it takes almost half a farm worth of vegetables on top it. And this isn't even for a full damn stack, not even half a stack, but a QUARTER of one.That is terrible, and there's no possible way to sugar coat it.

Of course you could put an alt or two out at the farm and grow what your main needs. Ten minutes a day, if that, and you got 4 plants per alt, 20 food. Plus they have this thing called the auction house now where you can buy stuff you need. Maybe youve heard of it?
90 Draenei Shaman
I find that just focusing on 2 factions at a time helps. I think I'd go mad if I tried to grind rep with all factions at the same time, that's when dailies become a chore (for me at least)
100 Orc Warrior
10/12/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Tayzonday
or lots of money to buy cheaper foods and change them into ironpaw tokens

You make lots of money doing dailies. Isnt it great when the system works.
100 Human Warlock

Why cant we both have what we want...you want to mindlessly grind out daily quests and I want to mindlessly run 5 man dungeons. Can't both of our preferred playstyles be valid and respected without resorting to insults?

Hmm. Okay, I'll bite...

Suggestion:
- Rep tabards come back.
- The reward bag at the end of dailies drops heroic-level boss loot.

That way they both become viable alternatives and options to one another.
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/12/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Dailee
I find that just focusing on 2 factions at a time helps. I think I'd go mad if I tried to grind rep with all factions at the same time, that's when dailies become a chore (for me at least)

This is how I'm doing it. Almost exalted with Anglers and Tillers then I'll start on the cloud serpents and Golden Lotus.
100 Night Elf Rogue
10/12/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Arkthan
am a semi-hardcore raider (heroic rag, heroic DW) and also a goblin that is involved in the AH. I have been playing ever day since the release of Mop for 2-3 hours at night and the fact that I am not geared enough for LFR when I was heroic BiS for every piece of gear in cata? It just disgusted me. Yeah I can run dungeons, but then I get no faction rep, or I can run the dailies but then I am not able to get any decent gear for several weeks because it takes FOREVER to earn rep.

So you are quitting because you dont have BIS in every gear slot in less than three weeks? You can get into lfr without doing a single daily. Get the heroic dungeon pieces, direbrew trinket, buy boe epics and crafted gear. Get boots off of a sha of anger kill. There are many ways to get gear besides doing dailies.

No, I am quitting since I don't have enough time in the day to take care of my AH grind, the dungeon grind AND the rep grind. In Cata and WotLK you could get rep WHILE doing the dungeons; and plus running dailies everyday is just not fun for me and you need to run the dailies in order to get the crafting patterns. and BTW I have the gold to buy epics, unfortunately since I am on a med-pop server there are no AGI epics to buy.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Kraxe
Not being able to log on 7 days a week is not the same as hardly playing.

Part of being casual means you don't play as much as someone else. If you only play 1 day a week it should take you 7 times as many weeks to get stuff.
93 Troll Monk
10/12/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Arkthan
The amount of time required for FOOD, just one of the buffs, is stupid, not sure how you can deny this. 5 food takes 1 daily token, which is bad enough, but then it takes almost half a farm worth of vegetables on top it. And this isn't even for a full damn stack, not even half a stack, but a QUARTER of one.That is terrible, and there's no possible way to sugar coat it.

Of course you could put an alt or two out at the farm and grow what your main needs. Ten minutes a day, if that, and you got 4 plants per alt, 20 food. Plus they have this thing called the auction house now where you can buy stuff you need. Maybe youve heard of it?

You're acting like as a raider I'm not already doing this. You're also way off the mark in that people on my server are charging like 300g for 5 carrots. That's acceptable?

Stop trying to defend a flat out bad system. I don't mind the rep grinding, as there should be some that are hard to get. Problem #1 is one of the ones that is hard to get gates two whole other factions after it. But the big problem is the cooking system as it is now. 1 token per day. Feasts(either with 5 uses or 8 uses) take one token apiece. Want 300 of the stat food for you? That's another token per FIVE of the food, not even a stack, and this isn't counting the ridiculous vegetable cost.

I understand blizz wanted to give players reason to log into the game day after day. Slave labor does not qualify as a reason.
90 Human Hunter
10/12/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Bashiok
Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a tim
90 Human Mage
10/12/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Grave
For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

They really should give us the option to Dislike blue posts! :)
100 Orc Warrior
10/12/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Gorathra
No, I am quitting since I don't have enough time in the day to take care of my AH grind, the dungeon grind AND the rep grind

So pick one and do it that day. Again you dont have to do dailies to run lfr or raid.
90 Worgen Warlock
10/12/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Tenways

90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Gorathra
No, I am quitting since I don't have enough time in the day to take care of my AH grind, the dungeon grind AND the rep grind.

Neat thing is you get Valor from doing dailies eliminating some/all of the dungeon grind.

What exactly is the AH grind?
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

I am not a hardcore progression raider.

I feel I have to get all of my dailies done. The fact that I have left Klaxxi undone for the past week is gnawing a hole in my stomach at the moment, but I just do NOT have time for them right now.

I guess that for me, at least, most of the upper end dailies are made worse because I do them as a healing spec. The amount of health the mobs have makes it just painful to do many of the Golden Lotus quests, and it's why I'm not going back to do them now that I'm at Revered. I'm not sure I even want to bother getting exalted, I hate those dailies so much at this point.

And I would like to echo the raiders who feel they must do those dailies due to Valor gear being tied to rep.

It's just...really overwhelming at times. It just feels like I have so much stuff that I HAVE to get done that I have no time to do anything fun. :-\
90 Human Hunter
Tip: take all things in moderation, including world of warcraft!
90 Human Mage
10/12/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Grave

I'm raiding on my mage while also having a full-time job that often has me working more than 40 hours a week, including being in the lab on weekends or evenings when we have child participants coming in.

So, I scaled down to a guild during grad school that only required me to raid two days a week. However, I'm now having to play multiple hours a day every day outside of raids to keep up on other tasks.

Since flasks and consumables require super rare materials and alot of time to acuqire them, that adds a lot of extra time onto prep. This is especially true for guilds who used to provide cauldrons and feasts to their guild but no longer have easy access to these things anymore.

I've had to be very good at setting goals for what I actually want to do. Right now, the only daily quests I've done at all this week are golden lotus and tillers. I'm about half way through revered with tillers and less than half way through honored with golden lotus. At this point, I don't expect to hit exalted with any of the Cata reputations other than tillers (because I can't function as a raider long-term without those food resources). Otherwise, I'm not getting any progress on a lot of the factions because I just don't get enough reward for the effort that I put in.

I've done Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, and Cataclysm raiding. This expansion, however, has felt more like work than the previous expansions because the daily quest grind takes up hours of my time every day and it just isn't enjoyable to have to fight for spawns of "kill or pick up X items" over and over and over again. I tried doing all the reputation grinds and realized that just wasn't a realistic goal for me, so I'm just going to skip entire factions (including the cloud serpents I really wanted) that don't provide necessary raiding enhancements, because I have to spend probably 20 to 30 hours a week in-game just doing activities that support my 6 hours a week of raiding.

Thanks for this
90 Undead Warlock
10/12/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Tiriél

I am not a hardcore progression raider.

I feel I have to get all of my dailies done. The fact that I have left Klaxxi undone for the past week is gnawing a hole in my stomach at the moment, but I just do NOT have time for them right now.

I guess that for me, at least, most of the upper end dailies are made worse because I do them as a healing spec. The amount of health the mobs have makes it just painful to do many of the Golden Lotus quests, and it's why I'm not going back to do them now that I'm at Revered. I'm not sure I even want to bother getting exalted, I hate those dailies so much at this point.

And I would like to echo the raiders who feel they must do those dailies due to Valor gear being tied to rep.

It's just...really overwhelming at times. It just feels like I have so much stuff that I HAVE to get done that I have no time to do anything fun. :-\

Your OCD is not Blizzard's fault.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]