Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

95 Night Elf Priest
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.

For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

I agree. I am an adult. Let me make MY decisions.

If some of you cannot manage that, either you are not hardcore, or your parents need to enable the parental controls for your own good. Simply because you cannot control yourself is no justification for someone else controlling me.
90 Undead Warlock
10/12/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Glimfeather

For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

bashiok, what about those with alts?

Pandaria is not an alt-centric expansion. It took me about 45 minutes into Jade Forest to realize that.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

I get what you're saying and I'm focusing my efforts on the Tillers atm.
90 Gnome Mage
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

WTB rep tabard

Yeah cause just running the same heroics over and over and over and over with a tabard sure isn't boring.

It would be nice to have the choice. We are already capped on the amount of rep we can get each day through the dailies so what's wrong with giving us the tabards and imposing the same rep cap. At least then we would have an option. Maybe do a few dailies and then run a couple of instances. That's what most people are asking for is options.
Edited by Tatertawt on 10/12/2012 12:20 PM PDT
1 Orc Warrior
10/12/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Glítch
It would also negatively impact people who don't play everyday by causing them to fall behind if they don't cap their rep for the week in dungeons.

If they don't play often why do they care if they fall behind?

Either way I don't think bending over backwards to accommodate people who hardly play the game is the best idea.

Inability to read and poor logic.
They could be playing just as many hours as anyone else... just spread over a few days instead of every single day.
90 Orc Warrior
10/12/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Chie
Stop trying to defend a flat out bad system

You think its bad, i enjoy it. The food is the easiest thing to deal with. 100 carrots gets you and extra token. Thats two and a half days farming on two alts. Feasts benefit the whole raid and so all the raid members should be contributing to it. If they dont then you have a few slackers that need to be replaced. The system is working fine, just expensive right now since everyone hasnt unlocked more than 4-8 plots. Prices will drop as more people get more plots and fewer people need mats to get rep with the individual farmers.
100 Gnome Warlock
For you folks thinking that the dailies are mandatory:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80097-The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies
1 Orc Warrior

Yeah cause just running the same heroics over and over and over and over with a tabard sure isn't boring.

It would be nice to have the choice. We are already capped on the amount of rep we can get each day through the dailies so what's wrong with giving us the tabards and imposing the same rep cap. At least then we would have an option. Maybe do a few dailies and then run a couple of instances. That's what most people are asking for is options.

If you prefer dailies, you could still do dailies.
It's about having a choice.
I'm sorry that you feel your preferred choice should be rammed down everyone's throat.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Tiriél

I am not a hardcore progression raider.

I feel I have to get all of my dailies done. The fact that I have left Klaxxi undone for the past week is gnawing a hole in my stomach at the moment, but I just do NOT have time for them right now.

I guess that for me, at least, most of the upper end dailies are made worse because I do them as a healing spec. The amount of health the mobs have makes it just painful to do many of the Golden Lotus quests, and it's why I'm not going back to do them now that I'm at Revered. I'm not sure I even want to bother getting exalted, I hate those dailies so much at this point.

And I would like to echo the raiders who feel they must do those dailies due to Valor gear being tied to rep.

It's just...really overwhelming at times. It just feels like I have so much stuff that I HAVE to get done that I have no time to do anything fun. :-\

You're taking a video game way to seriously.
10 Gnome Rogue
10/12/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Kraxe
Not being able to log on 7 days a week is not the same as hardly playing.

Again, if you're a casual player who doesn't get to log in on a regular basis why do you care if you fall behind? Having to wait an extra week or two to get a cool mount =/= losing your raid spot in your guild because you couldn't keep up with all the dailies.
Hmm. Okay, I'll bite...

Suggestion:
- Rep tabards come back.
- The reward bag at the end of dailies drops heroic-level boss loot.

That way they both become viable alternatives and options to one another.

I see your ilvl 463 loot and raise you charms... I think dailies giving charms and dungeons giving 463 loot even out, or in reality dailies still are ahead.
90 Worgen Hunter
I hope this game can evolve into a game of options. I had 400+ daily tokens just rotting in my bags, and I'm sure people have even more than that now. We can only spend 90 a week to get 3 tokens, but we generate a ton more. The dailies require around 2 hours a day on my server, and that's being efficient. Where does any raider get time to do something like level an alt? the alt then requires rep, I don't want to have to do this grind ever again.

Why can't raiders just raid? There are 8 new reps and only three of them are bearable to level. At least give a little room and let the dailies be as quick as the cloud serpents or tillers. The golden lotus dailies are horrifying to do.

EDIT: Competing for TAGS for quests is part of the huge problem. If quests were area wide or shareable with everyone on the server, it would eliminate a lot of the problem. I can invite 4 people, but were competing with a huge population to finish these asap. That was the only positive thing about GW2, I didn't hate being around random people.
Edited by Danshot on 10/12/2012 12:24 PM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

WTB rep tabard

For many people it is not. Different people have different likes and dislikes.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Infernalist
Your OCD is not Blizzard's fault.

Except it isn't OCD.

If I don't get Shado-Pan to Revered and get the enchants, who else is going to do so? If I don't grind August Celestials Rep to get those enchants, who else is going to do so? I had to grind the rep to get the pant spellthreads. I've been grinding Tillers rep because I'm one of the few people with enough points in the Ways to make the feasts + top end food, which also means I had to fish because no one else was doing so. Between all of this I'm trying to gear up AND get my dailies done. Only, it takes me twice to three times as long as a DPS or tank to get my dailies done because everything has a bajillion health and smite hits for 19k. And god help me if I can't find someone to group with. I have died more to dailies than I did the entire time questing from 85-90.
10/12/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Glítch
Again, if you're a casual player who doesn't get to log in on a regular basis why do you care if you fall behind? Having to wait an extra week or two to get a cool mount =/= losing your raid spot in your guild because you couldn't keep up with all the dailies.

You don't think you can be a "casual" and still raid? You can''t do heroic progression on say a 2 day per week schedule? 7 hours split over 2 days to do rep grinding should be able to equal 7 hours split over 7 days. Right now, it is not. You HAVE to log in every day and if you can't you fall behind.
100 Dwarf Warrior
You get all of the important 'progression' pieces at revered, which takes very little time.

Don't fancy yourself a 'hardcore progression raider' and then piss about doing something 'hardcore' (I put that in quotes because it's laughable to call these dailies hardcore). It takes a little over an hour to do my core-four reps.... so hardcore.
100 Human Warlock
Hmm. Okay, I'll bite...

Suggestion:
- Rep tabards come back.
- The reward bag at the end of dailies drops heroic-level boss loot.

That way they both become viable alternatives and options to one another.

I see your ilvl 463 loot and raise you charms... I think dailies giving charms and dungeons giving 463 loot even out, or in reality dailies still are ahead.

Agreed!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]