Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Ziryus
You're taking a video game way to seriously.

No. I'm being a responsible member of my guild and raid team.
100 Night Elf Druid
Great I can't believe I paid 40$ for this abuse from Blizzard. Can't even do the first raid without doing dailies first? That's McDonnalds telling me "you can't have your fries until you eat your burger."

The raid has already been cleared on heroic by people who were not decked out in VP gear.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
t's just...really overwhelming at times. It just feels like I have so much stuff that I HAVE to get done that I have no time to do anything fun. :-\

That's exactly how I feel.

For now I have been working on two sets of dailies at a time and that's helping, but the fact that I have to spend 3x as much time doing dailies in order to raid is burning me out.
90 Human Death Knight
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.

For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

The problem there Bash is that it's not JUST hardcore progression raiders that feel that way. It's anyone who takes raiding even remotely seriously. When something can be done in a superior way then players will feel like they HAVE to do it. It's that simple.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Tiriél
For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

I am not a hardcore progression raider.

I feel I have to get all of my dailies done. The fact that I have left Klaxxi undone for the past week is gnawing a hole in my stomach at the moment, but I just do NOT have time for them right now.

I guess that for me, at least, most of the upper end dailies are made worse because I do them as a healing spec. The amount of health the mobs have makes it just painful to do many of the Golden Lotus quests, and it's why I'm not going back to do them now that I'm at Revered. I'm not sure I even want to bother getting exalted, I hate those dailies so much at this point.

And I would like to echo the raiders who feel they must do those dailies due to Valor gear being tied to rep.

It's just...really overwhelming at times. It just feels like I have so much stuff that I HAVE to get done that I have no time to do anything fun. :-\

As is so often pointed out "It's a game". If you feel the need to treat it like a job then maybe you should take the NPCs advice and "slow down"

And on another note when are the NPCs gonna buy me the rounds they owe me?
90 Blood Elf Priest
You get all of the important 'progression' pieces at revered, which takes very little time.

Don't fancy yourself a 'hardcore progression raider' and then piss about doing something 'hardcore' (I put that in quotes because it's laughable to call these dailies hardcore). It takes a little over an hour to do my core-four reps.... so hardcore.

Have you seen how slow the rep grind is for Shado-Pan? It's like...500ish rep a day. Ugh. -_-

Also, it generally takes me 45 minutes to an hour just to complete Golden Lotus. You're a Warrior, so I don't expect you to understand.
100 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Tiriél
You're taking a video game way to seriously.

If you're seriously obsessing about getting a few more stat points a week or two later than someone else, yes you are taking a video game too seriously.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Lunareste
For now I have been working on two sets of dailies at a time and that's helping, but the fact that I have to spend 3x as much time doing dailies in order to raid is burning me out.

So you plan on waiting until you get all the valor gear? At 1k Valor a week it's gonna take a while.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Lunareste
t's just...really overwhelming at times. It just feels like I have so much stuff that I HAVE to get done that I have no time to do anything fun. :-\

That's exactly how I feel.

I think I'm mostly bummed that I can't currently fit Klaxxi into the dailies that I do each day, which is a shame because I think they're my favorite because I don't feel gimped for being a healer while doing them.
Community Manager
For you folks thinking that the dailies are mandatory:

The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies

Good stuff, thanks for the link. :)
90 Draenei Priest
I'm anti-questing and anti-dailies. But I'm doing them with a friend who whacks stuff with his giant axe's and I rest easy I never have to do anything but pickup loot. Except those fishing dailies, damn you fishing for making me sit there and fish up eels!!! *Shakes fist*
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

You don't need to do them all at once ya know...

right now I am just working on one Rep at a time, have it organized so I don't get lost doing them..
90 Blood Elf Priest

So you plan on waiting until you get all the valor gear? At 1k Valor a week it's gonna take a while.

It isn't just Valor gear.

There are recipes/patterns and enchants that all require rep. The only MoP bracer enchant that doesn't require you to grind rep to get it is the tanking one.
Edited by Tiriél on 10/12/2012 12:33 PM PDT
100 Undead Warrior
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

WTB rep tabard

Take it easy. That's my advice. The reason dailies are burning you out is because the designers added more content than any one sane person should do in a day.

IMO, the proper daily rotation is to plant your crops, because money, then do one daily hub, then get on with doing some heroics or battlegrounds, or archaeology, or pet battles, or whatever you want. The game is for fun.
90 Gnome Mage
All this from an HOURS worth of work a day.

Yup, AN HOUR... that's it. and with factions at Revered, i do about 8-10 more dailies a day than most of you.

I don't want to play the game for 1 hour every day. And the days when I do get to play, I really don't want to be doing dailies instead of some team content with friends.

It does sound like the game is now only aimed at people like yourself that believe 1 hour of every day of your life is an acceptable sacrifice to enjoy a video game, and I'm kind of sad as a result. Do people that can spend this hour every day never work late to meet a deadline? Never go out during the week? Or do you just not sleep? I just look at all the things I do in life, and don't understand how people can commit one hour of every day of their life to a video game.
93 Troll Monk

You're acting like as a raider I'm not already doing this. You're also way off the mark in that people on my server are charging like 300g for 5 carrots. That's acceptable?

Stop trying to defend a flat out bad system. I don't mind the rep grinding, as there should be some that are hard to get. Problem #1 is one of the ones that is hard to get gates two whole other factions after it. But the big problem is the cooking system as it is now. 1 token per day. Feasts(either with 5 uses or 8 uses) take one token apiece. Want 300 of the stat food for you? That's another token per FIVE of the food, not even a stack, and this isn't counting the ridiculous vegetable cost.

I understand blizz wanted to give players reason to log into the game day after day. Slave labor does not qualify as a reason.

I love you trolls and whiners.

And I love the people that aren't even really DOING the facet of the game I'm complaining about anyway and trying to mock their opinion of things.
100 Gnome Warlock
For you folks thinking that the dailies are mandatory:

[url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80097-The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies"]The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies[/url]

Good stuff, thanks for the link. :)

No prob :)
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Yandere

Not all the dailies are needed, or even related to raiding.

The ones I detest are. :)
1 Worgen Druid
The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.

And this is why many casual players have already left the game. Because to raid they still need the same gear as hardcore raiders to be competative. Stop trying to defend a flawed system bashiok. Blizzard failed with the thousands of grinds in this game. Just admit it and fix the problem.
Edited by Stylés on 10/12/2012 12:34 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]