Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

90 Blood Elf Paladin

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

The problem is that the "couple of factions" we might want to work on can be restricted. I would have loved to only work on Shado-Pan for the trinket and the mounts, but I couldn't. I had a certain Golden Lotus reputation to grind all the way to revered first. And it wasn't an easy grind, considering how many times phasing and/or general glitches added roadblocks on the journey. If you removed the Golden Lotus requirement for Shado-Pan and August Celestials, the illusion of a choice would be a lot more present.
90 Night Elf Warrior
i dont like the dailys, there are too many in this expansion, i raid 2-3 hours monday to thursday, i need another 3 hours for dailys, plus i need to keep lookin for gear in heroic for my raiding progresion, i work 10 hours a day, when do i sleep?, i have a gf who also demands time with me, and i used to be a casual raider with my time and didnt need to do dailys like now, i know i got 2 year of this expansion to do the reputacions.

i know there are ppl who like to do dailys and have the most archivements in their server or guilds or betwen their friends and they love to farm pets or mounts, thats a diferent kind of player, maybe dailys is a good thing for them. i like the raid i can live only raiding, farmin for my mats and keep raiding.

i guess a good thing for players like me were the tabards, i exalted all the reputacions in Cata with tabards and few dailys.

i think u forgot tabards u should get them back! that makes thing easier for casual raiding players

tabards for shado-pan and augustus would be cool after doing around 500 dailys, that will be air for players and that way u will stop their suicide
Edited by Thienn on 10/12/2012 12:37 PM PDT
90 Gnome Mage
For you folks thinking that the dailies are mandatory:

[url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80097-The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies"]The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies[/url]

Good stuff, thanks for the link. :)

Has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The topic is dailies are boring. That link says you still need to do them you just don't have to do as many as you think you do. So what. That's like telling me I can get punched in the face less than I thought. I still get punched in the face a lot.

Just give us the options we were told were going to get in this expansion. I don't care about the gear, I grind the dailies for the crafting recipes and they are burning me out too.
Edited by Tatertawt on 10/12/2012 12:35 PM PDT
1 Orc Warrior

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80097-The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies

His argument ignores crafting completely.
It's also a bit humorous in that he's advocating that 3 weeks of doing the same dailies isn't a big deal... ummm... yeaaaa.
These kind of rep grinds were fine when it was for cool stuff like Netherwing drakes in BC. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you did them and it felt rewarding. In fact, I find it dispapointing that the cloud serpent and lorewalkers rep are basically handed to everyone on a silver platter.

It's not fun at all when it's gating your progression in the game. I don't play the game to do dailies, I play it to raid. If I'm not raiding, I'd prefer to be doing something else.

Dailies are nothing but busywork, and it seems like they've implemented this with the misconstrued notion that it'll stave off a drop in subscriptions people are able to actually raid.
Here's an idea -- rather than forcing busywork on people, actually give them more content of what they're looking for (ie: dungeons and raids). Challenge modes are a step in the right direction, a 3-week system is not. The same people who dropped subscriptions after completing raids will drop just as fast regardless of the rep grind. It only serves to punish everyone else.
Edited by Paulbathehut on 10/12/2012 12:35 PM PDT
2 Orc Warlock

[url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80097-The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies"]The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies[/url]

Good stuff, thanks for the link. :)

Even lore mentioned later that this only applies if you're not trying to get the profession recipes that are ALSO gated behind rep. It also only means that you can afford to skip a day here and there if you're only interested in VP rewards, NOT that you can skip dailies altogether (or even most of the time).
90 Tauren Warrior
10/12/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Glítch
Not being able to log on 7 days a week is not the same as hardly playing.

Again, if you're a casual player who doesn't get to log in on a regular basis why do you care if you fall behind? Having to wait an extra week or two to get a cool mount =/= losing your raid spot in your guild because you couldn't keep up with all the dailies.

There are non casual players who can only log on say 6 days a week. Some even 5, they may play hardcore mon-fri, but are away from their computer on weekends.

Different people are different.
90 Night Elf Druid
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

WTB rep tabard

Take it easy. That's my advice. The reason dailies are burning you out is because the designers added more content than any one sane person should do in a day.

IMO, the proper daily rotation is to plant your crops, because money, then do one daily hub, then get on with doing some heroics or battlegrounds, or archaeology, or pet battles, or whatever you want. The game is for fun.

Exactly this, I'm loving MoP because there's a ton of stuff for me to do. If i don't want to do a certain faction for the day I don't, if i don't want to do dailies I run a heroic or do some pet battles. The rep rewards are entirely optional, and i find it very ironic that people who have cleared raid bosses already without the rep rewards trying to claim the are required.
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

In the mean time those of us who enjoy group based content like raiding while not having much time to do much else or enjoy much else are feeling locked out from being able to use these points we have earned and will be sitting at cap soon. Cata at launch had it just right for me in terms of time requirement and I found it to be very casual friendly. Only issue I had was with the shoulder enchants because I had problems getting back on the quest chain due to leaving the zone early.

Just because your a hard core doesnt mean you have all the time in the world or are able to continually push back real life. There are a number of serous raiders out there with a job and a family and have been able to progress into heroic mode content in their busy lives all these years.

It was said that a mistake in Cata was expecting to be able to bring back some hard core elements into the game, why is the same thing being repeated here just with a different twist?
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 10/12/2012 12:40 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

The problem is that the "couple of factions" we might want to work on can be restricted. I would have loved to only work on Shado-Pan for the trinket and the mounts, but I couldn't. I had a certain Golden Lotus reputation to grind all the way to revered first. And it wasn't an easy grind, considering how many times phasing and/or general glitches added roadblocks on the journey. If you removed the Golden Lotus requirement for Shado-Pan and August Celestials, the illusion of a choice would be a lot more present.

I would agree with this. I absolutely detest the Golden Lotus dailies, and I would honestly have probably stopped doing them once I hit Honored for the patterns if they didn't gate Shado-Pan and August Celestials behind them. I already feel like a bad player for not immediately starting on August Celestials, but I just...I can't get to it, too.
10 Gnome Rogue
10/12/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Ryzzen
You can''t do heroic progression on say a 2 day per week schedule?

Not with any real success, no.

But the point is if you can only log on for 2 days per week then you're obviously not in any rush and there's no reason to worry about falling behind to begin with.
90 Worgen Druid
The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.

For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

I would think spending the time for cooking (hahaha, unbelievable mats needed), valor points, whatever other gear may be needed (50k for a trinket, nice), farming spirit of harmony mats for gear, farming mats for flasks/potions, and wiping 4 hours on any given night is way past the level of a requirement needed.
Edited by Dysheki on 10/12/2012 12:42 PM PDT
90 Human Warlock

No. I'm being a responsible member of my guild and raid team.

If you're seriously obsessing about getting a few more stat points a week or two later than someone else, yes you are taking a video game too seriously.

This is why I like my raid groups, which are responsible groups to their members and aren't even starting for another couple of weeks so people don't have to kill themselves gearing up.

Seriously, I understand some people don't want that relaxed style of play and enjoy putting their all into it, but there comes a point where you have to ask yourself (and I did, which is why I raid like this nowadays) "Is it really worth it at the cost of my health."

I guess what I don't like here is that people want Blizzard to move the goalposts to meet their personal playstyle, rather than moving their own to adjust to the game design.

What it boils down to for me is seeing "We don't want to see unique rewards for a particular style of play we don't enjoy, because we'll feel obligated to go for those rewards." Which then leads to not having unique rewards for particular styles of play, no real variety, and everyone taking different routes to end up at the same thing. That just feels boring to me. I like the idea that someone that plays these bits of the game gets these rewards, while the people playing those bits get those rewards.

The most I'm really willing to go with the whole dailies issue is to say the gearing paths could be tweaked some to make sure there's no set of rewards that stand out as a "must have". From what I understand, that's the main issue that people taking issue with the dailies actually have. Not that there's no other way to get rep, but that there's no other way to get the precise equivalent to the gear attached to it. So perhaps the rewards on the dailies should have been LFR-level instead, with normal-raid level gear being gated behind another set of dailies introduced in 5.1 that require the first sets doing first - by which time most raiders will already have it and not feel they need to take that route.
Edited by Alelsa on 10/12/2012 12:40 PM PDT
90 Gnome Mage
10/12/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Vasparian
Yeah cause just running the same heroics over and over and over and over with a tabard sure isn't boring.

Running the same heroics over and over isn't boring to me, just like I'm sure dailies aren't boring to some players. I just wish both types of players were allowed to enjoy whatever it is they enjoy.

10/12/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Aori
Tip: take all things in moderation, including world of warcraft!

As long as you take WoW in moderation... every single day of your life!
Edited by Analt on 10/12/2012 12:41 PM PDT
90 Troll Monk
Personally I think the biggest problem with the reputation system is they kind of lost control of it.

You want to have a gated reputation system. This in itself isn't bad. Then you want to put powerful enchants that raiders need on the ones behind the gate. This, while completely contradictory to what was originally stated as the reason helm enchants were removed from the game, could still potentially be ok.

Where they failed is there are optional ones, and really non-optional ones. And the kicker here is it's very easy to tell the difference. Does the daily you're doing reward two lesser charms of good fortune and less than 200 rep per completion? Ok, that's one you have to do. Does the daily you're doing reward one lesser charm of good fortune and more than 300, sometimes close to 500 rep per? Ok, that's an optional one that reward something fun.

There-in lies the overall problem with this sytem: These two ideas should be reversed. A gated rep, and then rep behind it that is needed for good enchants, if those rewarded 1 token and 300 rep, we wouldn't be seeing a thread like this. Fun stuff is fun stuff, but can require a good amount of work to get, like the Netherwing faction in TBC. Beating your head against a wall to get good enchants, or good buffs for your raid is not good game design, and this is something you guys realized years ago.
10 Gnome Rogue
10/12/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Kraxe
There are non casual players who can only log on say 6 days a week. Some even 5, they may play hardcore mon-fri, but are away from their computer on weekends.

Okay? What does that have to do with giving us the option to acquire rep via dungeons? Maybe some of those people who can't log on as much would appreciate being able to log in and be able to run a few dungeons with their friends for rep instead of doing dailies?
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Glítch
You can''t do heroic progression on say a 2 day per week schedule?

Not with any real success, no.

But the point is if you can only log on for 2 days per week then you're obviously not in any rush and there's no reason to worry about falling behind to begin with.

That's not true. There are guilds that pull out fantastic progression with only 2 raid nights a week. They are just as hardcore (perhaps even moreso given their time constraints) as guilds that raid 7 nights a week. They have to do a lot with a very small amount of time. Now anyone who can just log for a few nights a week is going to have issues, because letting your dailies slide means you don't get access to patterns and recipes your guild needs, and it also means you lose out on food buffs, etc.
90 Undead Rogue
Perhaps blizz should put the 25 daily cap back on so that people realize they don't need to do EVERY daily EVER, EVERYDAY of the week to get to revered as fast as possible.

*rolls his eyes*
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Stylés
And this is why many casual players have already left the game. Because to raid they still need the same gear as hardcore raiders to be competative. Stop trying to defend a flawed system bashiok. Blizzard failed with the thousands of grinds in this game. Just admit it and fix the problem.

Casual players are not leaving players who have an entitlement issue are.

If your a casual player why are you worried about competing with hardcore players?

The system isn't flawed you expecting easy mode is.

Either quit crying like the brat kid in the toy aisle or quit WoW and take the problems you cause elsewhere.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]