Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

90 Gnome Warlock
"BUT I WAAAAAANNNNNT IT! NOOOOOOOWWWW!"

I don't think the argument is that it takes too long. It's just that it's so terribly boring. Kill count and collection quests are the least interesting, uninspired filler content in the game, and it's what I'm spending the most time doing.

If there were an alternative way to gain rep doing a fun part of the game like completing challenge modes or something, or even if the Golden Lotus dailies themselves were entertaining, it would be a different story.

It just seems like an awkward design choice to encourage people to spend the bulk of their play time in the least interesting content instead of the most interesting.
Edited by Superbro on 10/12/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Community Manager
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

For you folks thinking that the dailies are mandatory:

The-Weekly-Marmot-Reputation-Dailies

Good stuff, thanks for the link. :)
Edited by Bashiok on 10/12/2012 12:33 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
I figure there is at least a year and a half before the next expansion so I have plenty of time to level all my toons. I do what ever I think might be fun, or might enjoy while slaying time.
90 Human Warlock
3 factions are my absolute limit. And two have to be Tillers and Cloud serpent. Shado and the rest? They can wait! Its farming time.
90 Human Paladin
For the people who continue doing dailies after reaching valor cap, is there something that could possibly be done for an alternate reward once we can't receive anymore valor points?
90 Orc Death Knight
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

You do realize that some guilds competing in the hard mode difficulty do not want to fall behind because of a couple things.

1) They love the guild they are in and would rather not leave.
2) Pushing hard modes = having better gear for that encounter.

Personally, I have to work on Golden Lotus, Shando-Pan, Tillers, AND Klaxxi. I've missed a few days due to being busy but the fact is I have to do 4 reps a day and get 300 stat food either via farming charms, farming motes (which I use for golden lotus for flasks). I can easily see why this method isn't fun and more of a burn out.

Instead of the burnout that was T11 with hard mode raiding, Blizzard opted to a daily/rep burn out.

As a person who works 30 hours a week, goes to school full monday from 9:30am to 6:30am, raids, and does homework... the lack of sleep will be what breaks me ultimately.
Edited by Liakalol on 10/12/2012 11:02 AM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
10/12/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Nurv
3 factions are my absolute limit. And two have to be Tillers and Cloud serpent. Shado and the rest? They can wait! Its farming time.

I do the same thing. I am only working on the "vanity" reps now. Almost done with the Cloud Serpent stuffs (2.7 days!) and getting close with the Tillers. I've picked up the Anglers now too. I just intentionally choose the 2 or 3 most important factions and only do those.

♥ Aune
90 Human Warlock
Good gear is a crutch. Raid in blues, hardcore 4 lyfe
90 Human Mage

Even professions are gated behind daily quests....
78 Pandaren Monk
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

WTB rep tabard

You're hated with Netherwing...

Come talk to me after getting Exalted.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizz took out head enchants and gave shoulder enchants to inscr. so we would have to rep grind a specially for correct enchants but turn around and make us rep grind to get gear that we need.

I dont mind rep grinding for vanity stuff.

Take out tabards that give you rep in dungeons, is a big mistake.

Only reason to group up for dailies is to get those peasky gankers of our back.
90 Pandaren Priest

Any information on whether Lesser Charm of Good Fortune will be used for anything other then Elder Charm of Good Fortune? Personally I have 3 full stacks of 180 of these and I feel like its kinda punishing to put in all these dailies and then just let all these charms sit in my bags and do nothing.
90 Dwarf Paladin

The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.
90 Worgen Warlock

The problem here is that you're scaring away quite a bit of your raiding population. I know some folks who just plain gave up and already unsubscribed because they didn't want to deal with the grind, but they wanted to be competitive in PvE. I personally like that I have something to do other than raid-log, however the fact of the matter is that quite a few players are upset with being "strongly encouraged" (probably the best way to put it) to do dailies.
90 Human Mage

Judging from the feedback, the current daily quest design is impacting a lot of peoples ability to feel like they are having fun playing and advancing in this game. Your personal feelings are noted.

This is a version of the truth. Yes, dailies were limited before, but they weren't the only source of gaining rep either. Also, VP gear and the better enchants/plans weren't all locked behind reps that were locked behind other reps that in turn were limited by daily quests.

I get that some of the devs thought maybe this was a good idea, and in some aspects it is. Lots of reps and good rewards for gaining that rep is good idea. FORCING, and you are forcing, people to do daily quests ad naseum as the only source of gaining said rep rewards is bad design.

You all realized this a long time ago, which is why we got rep tabards. Leave the dailies, but give those of us that HATE dailies an alternative. We don't want things to be easier or necessarily faster. We just want a way to gain rep without doing a ton of dailies every day. In addition, why did you go back to the "you must log in every day" attitude? Again, that is something that was changed because it was bad design and now has been brought back. Why can't I log in on Wednesday night and knock out my 7 heroics for VPs anymore? Why do I have to log in every day and do 1? These are things Blizzard specifically moved away from and for the most part people were happy about it. So why?
90 Orc Death Knight
Gotta do them all. Every day.

I will do them until I cap everything. Ill have plenty of time to Rest when I'm dead.

I do Golden Lotus, Tillers, Klaxxi every day. Im best friends with all the tillers

I was doing Cloud Serpent, finished that a week or so ago.
I'm doing Anglers infrequently. Fishing is tedious... and I don't have the "Ancient Panda Fishing Lure" yet so its a pain to get a single fish each time.

When im not going Golden Lotus or Tillers, or Klaxxi... im Raiding. When im not raiding, im farming Harmony. When Im not farming, I help my guildies do 5 man heroics ... I also work a 9 hour daily shift and drive 30 min to and from work. I also help my wife with her college schoolwork, and we also go out to eat and see movies on the weekends.

Ill be Revered with Golden Lotus soon. then Ill be doing Shadopan and August Cel's too. ...

I'm not stopping... I wont slow down... I will push as hard as possible until they are all exalted. Then I'll sleep...
90 Blood Elf Monk
People were crying about not having anything to do so now you have TONS to do!

Grats crybabies.
90 Human Warlock
Doubt anyone cares but MAN these things are getting boring as heck

WTB rep tabard

You're hated with Netherwing...

Come talk to me after getting Exalted.

To this day I have 20 of their eggs sitting in my bank.

I'm conditioned to not be able to let a netherwing egg go, ok!?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]