Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

1 Orc Warrior
10/12/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Infernalist
Rep rewards are not required for endgame raiding

Given your lack of experience raiding, this sort of statement is rather laughable.
Seriously, somebody who didn't down a single heroic boss in the last 3 expacs is trying to tell people how to raid?

To anyone with a brain, it's pretty obvious why the 4 big reps are mandatory, particularly Golden Lotus since everything is gated behind them.

What this and all the other daily threads seem to demonstrate isn't that the current situation isn't stupid... but rather a lot of the people defending dailies in these threads are just trolls.
You should stick to facerolling Alterac Valley in 40man premades. It seems to be your speed.
Edited by Paulbathehut on 10/12/2012 11:13 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
Just slow down. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to do every daily every day.
90 Orc Warlock
Agree with Footsz. To be fully raid ready, you need all the maxed our gear and consumables you can get. That means the best food, best patterns and best VP gear. There really is no choice for raiders on waiting to level a couple factions at a time. I am burned out too. The only thing that helps is getting a group together to bust out the "kill" quests faster.
90 Draenei Priest
People were crying about not having anything to do so now you have TONS to do!

Grats crybabies.

Because, apparently, forumites have the unique ability to tell that everyone who was crying about having nothing to do are the exact same people who are crying about being overwhelmed.

I must have missed that talent.
Community Manager
10/12/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Footsz
The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.

For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.
Then stop doing them.
90 Human Priest
The problem is - If you want the rewards from revered and especially exalted - you need to grind every daily every day.

I think it's more a problem of effort vs reward. One specific example - kill 40 mantid for the klaxxi - get what... 150 rep?

I think the entire problem would be solved if there were a few changes:

1. Increase the rep gain per daily quest
2. reduce the sheer number of "things" you need to do for each daily quest - instead of kill 40, say... kill 20, instead of 24 wings, 12, kill 1 giant kuchong... etc etc.
90 Tauren Druid
When MoP was still being developed I thought the daily quests were supposed to give people that didn't raid a different method of progression. That idea seemed really good. The actual implementation of dailies is very different, though. If we want to be able to spend our valor points we NEED to do dailies.

There have been multiple occassions since the MoP launch where I wanted to run heroics or battlegrounds, but couldn't because I only had enough time to finish my daily quests. Linking the valor rewards vendors to daily quests was a bad idea. Even with the rep changes for alts, there's no way I'm doing all of this on multiple characters. I enjoyed playing 6 different 85's during Cataclysm and now most of them will sit idle in Orgrimmar.

It was also very disturbing to see the first note in the 5.1 patch notes introduce even more daily quests. I'm waiting for Xzibit to jump out at me and say "Yo dawg, I heard you like daily quests..."
Edited by Moohoof on 10/12/2012 11:18 AM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
I would like to, you know, progress my character in my own way and that would be running dungeons with a rep tabard...
90 Orc Warlock
Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

Well that is one way to look at it. Here is another:

You've taken away our choice in a very fundamental way; play 7 days a week or else continue to fall behind in unlocking Shado-Pan and Celestials, Play 7 days a week or you miss out on the ability to get the best enchants/crafting patters and for those who care, VP gear.

Want to rep grind on the weekends? Nope can't do it. Not because you can't put in the time, but because you are LIMITED in how much rep you can earn in a day.

Nice idea with all of the dailies available but not much use if you can't grind on a daily basis.
90 Draenei Priest
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
The problem here Bashiok is that for your hardcore progression raiders, unlocking all the valor gear feels like a requirement, not a thing we can do when we feel like it. Between that and trying to maximize tillers so I can have mats for 300 stat food (which again, a lot of guilds are requiring from their raiders), WoW is monopolizing all of my gaming time. I get that you guys want to make sure the casual players don't get bored, but in the process of doing so you've basically forced the hardcore progression raiders to -have- to play all the time.

For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

But the new method completely pounds people who, before, could invest a decent amount of time, but not every single day.

I get the reasoning behind the gating (I think) and it has its merits, but you know that people are going to go after it and then burn themselves out, which helps no one in the long run. A weekly rep cap, since that's what you've essentially imposed, that could be gotten with a mix of dailies and dungeon runs would have probably gone a lot better, so people don't get agitated when they have to miss a day.
90 Pandaren Hunter
hey fellas, i'm geared and i've only done klaxxi rep.
how bout that?
90 Worgen Mage
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

The problem with the cookie jar metaphor is that in real life you are not rewarded after you eat all the cookies in the jar. The way you have it set up people do feel that if they don't "eat all the cookies" they are falling behind. Surely you guys should have foreseen that putting so many rewards, gear, patterns for profession, and mounts, was going to create the feeling in your player base as to this is what Bliz wants us to do. Yes you always had rep and dailies but never in this ammount and with this much reward for doing so along with only one way to grind the rep.
85 Night Elf Druid
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Depending on what you need you really do not have a choice but to do them. It's nice that we have the choice, and for certain its a new expansion and it needs to stay fresh for as long as possible, but it is a lot of work for things people need like the patterns. And we are almost forced to keep doing them for harmony/motes/spirit items for profs and crafting. Need the patterns, well, you have to grind exhaulted.

I will say this, the mounts are friggin' cool beans. I cant wait for the scorpid. That thing is badassssss, but why so much work for a few needed paterns (bracers/legs/etc)\

Only other huge gripe not related but out there, the random spawning in world for the 2 bosses on high pop realms is kinda lame. People tagging and fighting sort of stuff. k well, it's not kinda lame. It's lame's big brother or the king daddy of all things lame. It really is a dumb idea. And x-server questing for low pops should reciprocate into high pops going to low pops as well to balance things out. It is nearly impossible to get items at times. Maybe not being able to do so is like Lame's really cool cousin-the one who is actually annoying.
90 Orc Warlock
The problem is - If you want the rewards from revered and especially exalted - you need to grind every daily every day.

I think it's more a problem of effort vs reward. One specific example - kill 40 mantid for the klaxxi - get what... 150 rep?

I think the entire problem would be solved if there were a few changes:

1. Increase the rep gain per daily quest
2. reduce the sheer number of "things" you need to do for each daily quest - instead of kill 40, say... kill 20, instead of 24 wings, 12, kill 1 giant kuchong... etc etc.

3) award rep for killing quest relevant mobs.

As someone else mentioned, you get VP from raiding, heroics, etc but can't spend them until you finish your rep grinds. By the time the grind is done those items are irrelevant.
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't get the fuss. You're still limited by the valor you can earn in a week so it's not like you have to get all factions to revered at the same time. You can work on one or two factions until you're revered and by the time you've bought the pieces of valor gear you want from them, you'll probably have revered unlocked with the next one you want to buy from.

I personally prefer the dailies to just sitting around in Stormwind waiting for dungeon queues to pop every 20 minutes.
90 Human Priest
hey fellas, i'm geared and i've only done klaxxi rep.
how bout that?

Not everyone is fortunate enough to have thousands upon thousands of gold to blow on crafted gear/boe gear.

We're also not all lucky enough to get 2 pieces of tier from Galleon/Sha...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]