Dailies are starting to burn me out ..

90 Pandaren Shaman
I do tillers and GoldenWhatevertheheckPandascrewyoupeople and that is it, and I'm burned out. My boyfriend tried to get me to do the bug people yesterday, and I had to tell him if he asked one more time one of us was spending the night on the lanai. The very thought of doing more dailies just makes me surly and angry.

I recently got the quest for doing 5 dailies (10/02/12) because before then I hadn't done any daily quests ever. Because I hate them. I leveled Inscription on not one, not two, but three characters in Cata so I'd never have to get the rep needed for shoulder enchants (Tedious but well worth it.) But here I find myself in MoP, doing dailies so I can get the spellthread so my guild's casters/healers can have it without spending stupid amounts of gold because that's what being a 'Team/Guild Player' is all about. ...except that before I didn't have to do quests I hated to help my guild, I got the patterns for leveling my profession, and was able to provide free thread for my guild.
90 Human Mage
10/12/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Glítch
People were crying about not having anything to do so now you have TONS to do!

Dear Blizzard,

After leaving us with zero new content for 9+ months in Cata we would really appreciate it if in MoP you would lock tons of content and rewards behind 8000 daily quests that we'll feel forced to do until our eyes bleed.

- Said by no one ever.

I love you.
94 Dwarf Paladin
I agree with what Bashiok said about hardcore raiders - if your a hardcore raider.. you should expect to have to do some hardcore stuff (if you can call 2 hours a day hardcore - I do tillers/Kalxi/Golden Lotus/Sperent riders everyday, along with 1 random heroic and it all takes about 2 hours - I also fish up 40 fish for 300 food in that time too).

At the same time - because I guess I'm "lucky enough" not to be in a guild that "requires" anything really (beyond being compotent) I can decide "not" to do dalies some days if I don't want to and not feel bad about it.

Any way, hard to stomach complaints about the game being too hardcore by requiring you to do dalies, when said dalies reward you with free loot rolls. Holy heck.. this first 2 weeks of raiding I've gotten an insnane amount of loot with the re rolls.

There is very little "hard core" about this progression unless you are a completionalist.
90 Worgen Hunter
A lot of people quit the game if they can't complete every daily and bring 300 stat food to every raid. Most people can't face being imperfect, so they would rather quit.

You really needed to hand out everything in the game like you handed out free heroic dungeon/LFR loot or face another Cataclysm (of subs). Consistent design please.
Edited by Positivity on 10/12/2012 11:39 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok
For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

This is such a joke when you guys have bent over backwards to remove the roadblocks over this games life.
100 Undead Rogue
I've pretty much stopped all dailies except Half Hill and As soon as I get my last 4 slots in my farm those will end too.

I have revered with GL and Klaxxi. Don't care enough about the serpent mount to do them every day, or any other exalted faction mounts.

The VP rewards are borderline crap and I can only get 1 piece per week anyway thanks to valor cap (sometimes 2 weeks or more).

I find myself logging in less and less, not in any rush to level another alt to 90 (currently 88 on one) and the Monk 0-90 is something I really cannot see myself doing, at least not like I have done in the past with my 9 level 85s.

1 Sha kill per week.
1 LFR per week.
1 Normal Raid per week (maybe if I feel like spending the time to put one together/finding a pug)

Other than that, meh.
91 Night Elf Druid

Is the attitude towards casual players who cannot log in every day also "tough luck" basically meaning the only people you guys are designing the game for any more are people who can play every single day? I kind of get the feeling the answer is yes considering you took away the 7 dungeons a week, and pushed dailies hard.

How are you defining casual player? When I think of a casual player, it isn't someone who feels like he needs to max out his rep and valor gains so he can be decked out in all purples ASAP.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

Taking the lid off the cookie jar? This pointless when you are still limited to slow paced daily quests ...

You make the Cloud Serpents 3 quests @ 400-600rep and the Golden Lotus 15-20 quests @ 100 rep ...

To really take the lid off your cookie jar how about making the dailies farmable/repeatable ... I can't login 7 days a week to do 3 hours of dailies but I can devote a few hours a couple of days a week I should be able to farm rep for the whole time i'm on for the faction of my choosing ...

You gated us with this stupid rep system and not one blue poster will admit it ... freaking sad and I won't be back after my account time expires on Monday until you put in the tabard that EVERY player loved as a way to gain reputation.

Even if you lowered the amount of rep I could earn via tabard it would give me incentive to run heroics now that i've gotten all the gear I need from them ...
100 Pandaren Priest
The gigantic problem with rep tabards is that they are faster, and so will be required for the raiding community to do. The dailies are better because they are slower. If it was a tabard system, all raiders would have been required to be Revered/Exalted by the day MV opened. At least with the gating, they are helping raiders not overexert themselves.

Also, poster above me has no raiding experience, why do they need to get the rep in the first place?
Edited by Kerias on 10/12/2012 11:40 AM PDT
90 Human Warlock
10/12/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Bashiok
adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar.
No, it's more of making a gigantic mess in Adrian Monk's house. MUST DO ALL DAILIES EVERY DAY
90 Pandaren Monk
For a hardcore progression raider, I don't think it's unreasonable that additional time and requirements are needed to be a hardcore progression raider.

This is such a joke when you guys have bent over backwards to remove the roadblocks over this games life.

And we see what happens when none exist with what happened in Cata.
Edited by Argentis on 10/12/2012 11:40 AM PDT
90 Gnome Mage
10/12/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Snowhammer
Any way, hard to stomach complaints about the game being too hardcore by requiring you to do dalies, when said dalies reward you with free loot rolls. Holy heck.. this first 2 weeks of raiding I've gotten an insnane amount of loot with the re rolls.

Rewards have absolutely nothing to do with hardcore. The game design is now "every day you do not log in you will fall behind all of your friends and competitors" which is a very, very hardcore gaming mentality. I've played games at very hardcore levels before, and never once was I penalized for taking a single day off out of say an entire month. But WoW now gives that experience to me, woohoo!
90 Orc Hunter
Haven't been a big fan of daily quests since their introduction in BC. They feel unimaginative and somewhat boring to do. However, I know a lot of people don't mind doing them and thus, to each their own. I prefer the tabard rep style, but even that was imperfect as you couldn't really get exalted with x faction unless you ran a ton of instances. Then, for y faction, rinse and repeat. So the boring argument can be made either way. I wouldn't mind seeing a tabard introduced so that perhaps you can earn r amount of rep by tabards and t about of rep by dailies, or some combination thereof. I don't know, nothing is perfect and they're probably doing the best they can. All that being said, MoP is going great, aside from the whole account wide mount thing being horrid.
94 Dwarf Paladin
I think the WoW dev team.. Looked at the number of daily quests in Cataclysm, and then they doubled it for mop.
10/12/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Kerias
The gigantic problem with rep tabards is that they are faster, and so will be required for the raiding community to do. The dailies are better because they are slower. If it was a tabard system, all raiders would have been required to be Revered/Exalted by the day MV opened. At least with the gating, they are helping raiders not overexert themselves.

Is there any reason why they couldn't leave the tabard and simply limit/cap rep from using them? 10K max per week perhaps? Taking options away from a large number of players to keep hardcore guilds from forcing their members to max their rep isn't a valid excuse.
90 Draenei Priest
Previously we were placing limits on dailies and what you were able to accomplish, regardless of what you wanted to do or had time to do. Now, removing the daily quest cap and adding a ton of dailies is really us taking the lid off the cookie jar. You could potentially get an icky tummy if you're trying to eat all of them every day. But we think that's a decision each player can make for themselves. Some people are going to feel like they're missing out or falling behind if they don't do absolutely everything every day, and that's something everyone should evaluate and decide for themselves if that's what they can and want to do.

Personally I'm working on a couple factions at a time. They're not providing items that will make or break my ability to play, enjoy and advance in the game, and the expansion is going to be out a while. I have time to work on the others later.

Well said. Currently i'm doing Golden Lotus since it open sup more factions and the Order of the Cloud Serpent because I want my mount. Next I will knock out Lorewalkers and Tillers. Then find something else to do.
10 Gnome Rogue
10/12/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bashiok

What part of "we don't mind grinding, we just want an alternative grind to daily quests" are you guys having a hard time understanding?

And if you haven't noticed yet, it's not just hardcore raiders that are complaining about how dull and boring daily quests are but I'm sure you guys will send another blue posters along shortly to tell us how you're personally loving the daily quests and see nothing wrong with them.
Edited by Glítch on 10/12/2012 11:45 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I agree that dailies can be made slightly earlier to do: fighting over mobs with 10 people people in the area during prime time (it is prime time for a good reason) is not very fun: and that is already on a low/medium pop server.

Spawn and Drop rates of certain quest items should be buffed. Having another 10 people fighting over the battleplans for that golden lotus daily which has a very low drop rate from annoying mobs/random spawn on tables feels like gigantic waste of time.

Let more mobs spawn! As a tank I like to AoE packs of 10 mobs at once time. My warlock friend loves to dot everything he sees, and a dps warrior friend likes to just cleave/sweeping strike things to death.

Having to do dailies is not limited to "hardcore progression raiders". Pretty much any half decent guild expects people to have their weekly elder charms and have the rep to buy extra pieces of gear: you do not want to be the guy with half the gear as the rest of your raid and cause that 500k hp wipe.

I think the worst of the dailies belong to the shadopan. They are boring and annoying to do at the same time.

I really would like to see a dungeon option be added in place of dailies:
ie: For that day you can either do this set of 7 dailies, or alternatively get your elder charm+rep via doing a random heroic dungeon. Heoric too easy? Then make it challenge mode.

The "lore" portion of dailies can still be kept in tact by forcing people to do new quests every rep level. Beside... getting a award for reaching certain rep levels (ie: epic neck @ exalted golden lotus) should be encouraging for people to hit up the "lore" portion of the faction.

In some way I also do not see why there should be gating to various factions. So what if people get exalted with all factions on the first week of gameplay? You can only get a maximum of 1000 valor points per week anyway.

btw, lesser charms of fortune should be BoA.
Edited by Unix on 10/12/2012 11:52 AM PDT
10/12/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Bigmountain
In an expac advertised as "Play it your way" there sure seems to be alot of restrictions on playing "My way".

This, exactly!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]