To the Alliance, re: Galleon

90 Blood Elf Paladin
It can't hurt to ask :)

Galleon is on a 4-5 day respawn, and thus far it's been a great demo of Alliance boss-killing capabilities. Over on the Horde side, we've been thwarted by rushing in to tag the boss (because the Alliance is showing up 3:1, and is also trying to pull), PVP flagged individuals (yes, they should know not to tab-target, but then it spreads to the healers), and generally not being quick enough on the draw.

I'm not seeing any reason for this to abate, as there's no incentive in-game for the Alliance to accomodate a Horde kill. But as this guy drops higher-grade loot, and we'd all like a crack at it, I'd like to go on record and ask the powers that be over on the blue side if there's some sort of a deal we can strike, anything we can put on the table, to where the Alliance would pass on a kill for us? Without your complicity, given our small population, it's unlikely we'll get him down until he doesn't matter anymore.

Can haz?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Theramore
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I know its going to be extremely hard for the horde kill Galleon (especially on prime time because as you said, its 3:1 alliance favour) but i can't realistically see the alliance just handing you free loot, and I'm willing to go out of my way to almost promise that if you guys get the Galleon tag again the same events will follow.

Oh, and yea...theramore.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You honestly expect us to just roll over and give up Galleon? FFS few of your guildies and some other horde griefed us for an HOUR on Sha.... and he respawns every 20 minutes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
tbh, if a group flags its their own fault. either you fail at tab targeting, or you wanted the kill not thinking of the repercussions. Like the galleon kill. A few of us went underneath galleon and flagged, hoping some cocky dps would flag and then a few others. We wern't REALLY expecting the entire raid, and not everyone in the raid did. Some of the horde dps didnt flag until there was no way you guys could recover from how many were flagged. Those were the smart people.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
I personally haven't even been able to get one attempt in as it never seems to be up when I am on. If you want to make a complaint here maybe you should move over to the game support forums and get blizz to increase the number of spawns per week to two or three at the very least.

Some people may have pulled a dirty trick and that's just life IMHO, we don't have control over the spawn times and basically all is fair in love and war. Adapt and overcome or get left in the dust.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
10/13/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Darklòre
Theramore

^^THIS^^
A thousand times, THIS!!!
When Garrosh's head hangs outside of Stormwind and his body is hurled from atop Dalaran, you may have your Galleon kill.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm horde and I want a kill on him but the server has a lot more alliance players, which is why it goes to them; alliance simply mobilize faster. We've got players who largely focus on hunting rares and would know he spawned the moment he came up same as any alliance. On horde many of us know eachother pretty well across all guilds and can potentially mobilize just as fast when the sucker comes up. That will just require opening the channels of communication across the various populated guilds, including the non-raiding guilds which everyone likes to ignore, and getting things done.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Nibenon
Theramore

^^THIS^^
A thousand times, THIS!!!
When Garrosh's head hangs outside of Stormwind and his body is hurled from atop Dalaran, you may have your Galleon kill.

Heh, sadly, the MoP story hasn't allowed us to progress that far. I am sure there are very few members of the horde who have any love for Garrosh at all. :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Bit late but look into the 5.2 patch notes.
Galleon respawns more often, plus the faction tag share..so looks like you might see your galleon kill before the next xpac.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/27/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Nairra
You honestly expect us to just roll over and give up Galleon? FFS few of your guildies and some other horde griefed us for an HOUR on Sha.... and he respawns every 20 minutes.

Heh.

"PvP, or kill the Sha? PvP!"

Don't get mad, get even. Even with a 20 minute respawn timer, the Alliance raids that show up to kill the Sha go out of their way to make sure they tag it before we do. So don't get mad when we ruin your day by showing you the spirit healer. We might get one or two Sha kills a week, even with the 20 minute respawn.

Cry moar. <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]