Cata loot still droping off of Coren!!

90 Goblin Shaman
[item="tremendous tankard o' terror" /] You read it right lvl 85. The Shanker is the same way.
I q'd for a dungeon, i waited my 25 min. We killed the boss and while greedily evacuating the contents of my Keg shaped treasure chest i spy an Epic fall into my backpack. Joy and /HAPPYDANCE ensue. That is untill i mouse over it and see that it is infact a relic from the last Xpan. After a GM ticket was made (and responded to in record time by a very nice and polite GM i might add) i was told it would be unfair for some classes to aquire epic lvl appropriate weapons so early in the expansion. .... have they looked at the loot for lvl 90 heroics? Why is it "ok" to kill a boss in place X and get good gear, but not place Y? I'm confounded as to how the Dev's think this kind of thing keeps the game "fair and balanced between classes"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Vladian
Why is it "ok" to kill a boss in place X and get good gear, but not place Y?

Because then wolves in Elwynn forest would drop epics.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
brewfest weapons are only usable by a few classes. if you give free 376 weapons to some classes while others are stuck with 363's...well, that isnt fair.at least everyone can use the trinkets.

look at the epic weapons that drop from the other dungeons.
also, tanks get 2 trinkets, everyone else only gets one......seems legit on the balance factor
Edited by Vladian on 10/12/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If it was Dps vs. Tanks then you might have a point. But instead look at the problem of raid team A vs. team B. Both groups have two tanks, and regardless of the tank's class they receive roughly the same benefit from the tank trinkets. But if team A has a rouge and enchan shammy and team B has a war and a ret pally and Brewfest dropped LFR ilevel weapons then the first group is going to have an easier time making raid progress then the group without those classes.
Does it seem fair to you for a team that happens to have a rouge and mdps shammy on it should have an easier time progressing then a team with other classes of dps?

And while there are epic weapons that drop for some classes in heroic dungeons and weapons are usually the most important gear slot there are also epic items from the dungeons for other specs and classes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/12/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Vladian
also, tanks get 2 trinkets, everyone else only gets one......seems legit on the balance factor

Too bad the trinkets suck complete dooker.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Dodge.... with a bad use

Or Stam with no proc

seriously, 5k Dodge rating is so useless at 90 at these avoidance levels :(.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/13/2012 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Headmaster's Will caster dps Mogu'Dar, Blade of the Thousand Slaves strength dps/blood dks Ka'eng, Breath of the Shadow monks Je'lyu, Spirit of the Serpent healers Inelava, Spirit of Inebriation tanks/1h strength dps Klatith, Fangs of the Swarm hunters Tolakesh, Horn of the Black Ox roguesWith that in mind, the only specs that are really screwed are feral druids and 2h monks. And, while not as good as an epic, they have the easiest time getting a starter weapon with Archaeology.Your point?

My point is that Rogue and Enh Sham 90 epic weapons are already in game, so WHY arent these weapons lvl 90? 2h axe, 2h staff, bow. classes that use those are set, no more looking, some of us dual weild, that means we have TWICE as many weapons to hope drop, then hope the other guy doesnt roll on, then hope that that the dude who did roll against you looses.
just think its a major overlook by the devs in their search for"fair and balanced"
its not just dw agil users either, is their a tank sheild? or a oh for casters?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
@ Carathen i dont care about your crapy raid comp. thats a fail of your raid leader.BUT in your scenario, team B is gonna pwn that war and pally both have an epic lvl 90 weapon, and group A has a rogue and a sham with sub par weaps. Who's gonna be progressing then?
Think about it.
Edited by Vladian on 10/13/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
@ Carathen i dont care about your crapy raid comp. thats a fail of your raid leader.

"I don't care about you. I only care about me."
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
did you even read the rest of the comment?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I did. There was still so much irony with what you said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]