DIsgusted

90 Blood Elf Priest
What I mean was... before cybele clearly turned my entire sentence, into a sentence fragment: I was speaking about optimizing our healing, which should include using archangel, and in order to do that, one must smite, holy fire and offensive penance a little bit.
Edited by Wofye on 10/12/2012 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Assuming you and Mahadev are the same person, otherwise I have NFI what you are talking about:

10/12/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Wofye
What I mean was... before cybele clearly turned my entire sentence, into a sentence fragment: I was speaking about optimizing our healing, which should include using archangel, and in order to do that, one must smite, holy fire and offensive penance a little bit.

I turned your sentence into a sentence fragment?

If you are using the term sentence fragment correctly, then no, the sentence I quoted was complete on its own, holding a subject and predicate. It isn't fragmented.

If you just mean I cut your sentence in two, then no, I quoted your entire sentence from the previous fullstop and the capitalised first letter of the first word of the sentence, to the fullstop that closed it.

So no I wouldn't say I 'clearly' turned your entire sentence into a sentence fragment. Please don't try to paint me as the bad guy here, that actually annoys me.

Now let me help you understand this concept:

Optimizing our healing in PVP generally doesn't include archangel. It only comes up if we happened to already be smiting for some other reason. Heres why:

If smite heals for 20% of what flash heal heals (fairly accurate), and you smite 5x to get archangel up, then in that time you could have casted 5 flash heals. Now you did 1 flash heal worth of healing with atonement, so thats 4 flash heals left to account for. Say you now use archangel, and then flash heal spam, each flash heal heals 25% more, i.e. it takes 4 flash heals with archangel to make up one lost flash heal earlier, and you need to make up for 4 lost flash heals, i.e. you need 16 flash heals in 18 seconds.

Can you do 16 flash heals in 18 seconds? It would take 33% haste to pull that off. So maybe with power infusion? But it would also mean sacrificing your other, more efficient (and less throughput) spells for the duration. And it would take the vast majority of your mana. And when do you actually need to cast 16 archangel boosted flash heals in a row?

Maybe smiting and expecting it to pay off as a healing boost in PVP is a bad idea? Just maybe?

Atonement in PVP is for extreme edge cases only. Like, my partner is LOSing me and about to die but there is an enemy I can smite to heal him. Not actually sure that works. Might be worth trying.
Edited by Cybele on 10/12/2012 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
10/12/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Cybele

balance both grace and evangelism

Did you read my 2v2 guide? One particularly true part is that you just don't atonement heal, ever.

So no, you don't get to balance evangelism.

Yes, you did turn his post into a fragment. :) No, he and Mahadev are not the same person.
Edited by Elethia on 10/12/2012 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/12/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Elethia

Did you read my 2v2 guide? One particularly true part is that you just don't atonement heal, ever.

So no, you don't get to balance evangelism.

Yes, you did turn his post into a fragment. :) No, he and Mahadev are not the same person.

Well then I was referring to a completely different post, and I apologise for that comment about the sentence etc.

But my point about atonement in PVP being mostly counterproductive still stands, for anyone wandering.
Reply Quote
I feel the same way OP, I used to be able to grind bgs and now I have to take long breaks because of the frustration.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I loved prest pvp up till this expansion. I leveled my preist as disc in bgs from 10 to 80 and had a blast doing it but this expansion has taken all the fun out of it. There is way to many silences, stuns, cc and whatever else that screws you over now no matter what you do, and your trink is useless. They now make you glyph holy nova which is odd since they gave just about every other class more cc but we have to glyph one of our most basic ones. The 8 second cd on purify is just plain dumb, more cc and now we cant get out of it, and if we do theres even more cc right after and we have to sit and be a punching bag for 8 sec if we live that long. Seems like a brilliant idea. I want my pre mop pvp 4 set bonus back. Im talking about the one that had our bubble giving 4 sec of free movement despite any movement imparing effects on. The phantasm talent seems nice till you relize its on a 30 sec cd and can only be cast on you. The 4 set gave anyone the bubble was cast on the 4 sec of movement, a good way to help a flag carrier get away or get out of a bad situation long enough to get a heal or 2 off. Also it could be put on multiple people another good thing when theres alot of cc, to bad we got shafted on that one. I WANT MY 4 SET BACK!!!! The rate that we burn though mana and the fact that we have to hard cast makes us easy targets and rather useless in pvp. The things I mentioned along with what other people have posted have taken the fun out of disc for me and I dont wanna go holy and I dont like shadow. Hopefully many of the issues will be taken care of soon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/13/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Zorii
The 4 set gave anyone the bubble was cast on the 4 sec of movement,

No it didn't.
Reply Quote
I completely agree. It's bull!@#$. Warriors are the most annoying, and all they do is stun spam.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Give Holy a try. People still haven't adjusted and don't really know what to do with me when they see me. The 4-piece bonus for Holy is netting Holy Word: Serenity crits of 145k. Renew is so powerful. Put the Lightspring on top of the node flag. You get a 2 second stun along with your other cc abilities. Granted, I'm only playing Random BGs, but Holy is really fun to play and it's not unusual to heal for 10m or more during a BG if I'm seeing alot of action.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I think healing has been OP for a long time... but, not just with healing classes. Seems every spec right now has some kind of healing ability it can pop. I remember playing my disc priest as recently as wotlk and having some exciting duels in goldshire. Most of the time, it didn't really matter the class you were dueling... there was usually a winner. It was a lot of fun.

Since cata... Nobody wants to duel a healer... and healers don't have the DPS anymore to kill anything. It's pointless.

Healing, in general, is too powerful.

I get that.

What I don't get is, compared to the other healing classes, how disc priests have been completely neglected.

Discs don't have the defensive capabilities of the other healing classes... NOR do they have the offensive capabilies of the other classes either. Anyone's Smite hitting for 100k+ yet?

PVP? Disc priest is the worst class in MoP.

Blizzard wants us to use their shiny new class.

Monks of all specs don't appear to do well in pvp. It's more resto shamans/druids that are completely insane currently, with being worse i think but still very good.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Give Holy a try. People still haven't adjusted and don't really know what to do with me when they see me. The 4-piece bonus for Holy is netting Holy Word: Serenity crits of 145k. Renew is so powerful. Put the Lightspring on top of the node flag. You get a 2 second stun along with your other cc abilities. Granted, I'm only playing Random BGs, but Holy is really fun to play and it's not unusual to heal for 10m or more during a BG if I'm seeing alot of action.

Problem with Holy is that (On my own personal experience) you get killed even way faster!
Sure you might be able to pull more heal, but I spend more time as a Val'kyr than as Blood elf.
Our shields are a joke, even more as Holy. No Shields = no "Somewhat" safe hard cast. Any suggestion on that? Also, for BGs should I always keep Serenity up? I tried to go Sanctuary lol. bad idea.
Edited by Vitalitá on 10/14/2012 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I go oom so fast :[
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
ridiculous burst is the only way to take down the new overpowered heals, deal with it like the other healers, only resto druids are op.

deal with the fact that healers are not as op as cata and you need partner peels, as in 3v3.

this is great for the game(if they ever nerf resto)

in others words:

buy some team mate peeling and stop the QQ

It actually annoys me to read this. And if I go into details of why I'm going to feel very mean and bad about myself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
ridiculous burst is the only way to take down the new overpowered heals, deal with it like the other healers, only resto druids are op.

deal with the fact that healers are not as op as cata and you need partner peels, as in 3v3.

this is great for the game(if they ever nerf resto)

in others words:

buy some team mate peeling and stop the QQ

facepalm
you have to be trolling. my Pet Rock is more capable of coherent thought.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
just switch to shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
What you did to my beloved spec, Blizz?

I've been playing disc priest since WotLK and loving it (despite some downs and ups here and there) but this is ridiculous!

Discipline priest is totally unplayable right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]