DIsgusted

90 Human Priest
10/14/2012 12:41 AMPosted by Vitalitá
Give Holy a try. People still haven't adjusted and don't really know what to do with me when they see me. The 4-piece bonus for Holy is netting Holy Word: Serenity crits of 145k. Renew is so powerful. Put the Lightspring on top of the node flag. You get a 2 second stun along with your other cc abilities. Granted, I'm only playing Random BGs, but Holy is really fun to play and it's not unusual to heal for 10m or more during a BG if I'm seeing alot of action.

Problem with Holy is that (On my own personal experience) you get killed even way faster!
Sure you might be able to pull more heal, but I spend more time as a Val'kyr than as Blood elf.
Our shields are a joke, even more as Holy. No Shields = no "Somewhat" safe hard cast. Any suggestion on that? Also, for BGs should I always keep Serenity up? I tried to go Sanctuary lol. bad idea.

Chakra Serenity 99% of the time. Take a look at the set bonus. You have an increased chance to crit on HW:Serenity every 10 sconds. My crits on HW:S are healing for 145k+, that's pretty huge every 10 seconds when you have ProM bouncing and renew rolling. I use shield mostly as a getaway (body n soul) or to buy some cushion to heal up. My shields absorb about 64k, so I don't find that to be weak at all. Renew is doing about 30% of my healing in BG's.

Mind you, I'm only running Random BG's, but basically I just keep renew rolling on anyone in range, keep ProM on CD, HW:S on CD and try to stay on the move to either range or LoS. Tendrils on Melee, Fear on CD (either on enemy heals or to get away). Cascade will refresh Renew on anyone it hits, so make sure you have alot of Renews rolling when you use it and try to be at a distance from your group when you do. I use desperation, inner sanctum and inner fire glyphs. The only time I switch out of Chakra:Serenity is to use the 2 sec Chastise on someone in a pinch, but I stay in Serenity most of the time. If I'm at a node, Lightspring goes on top of the flag. I only use Circle of Healing sparingly, or in emergencies, because it is pretty mana costly, though as gear improves I'm sure I will be using it more. I take desperate Prayer and Macro it to the Battlemaster trinket and Healthstone. Right now, Healthstones are healing for more than Desperate Prayer. If you are low, and you have a Healthstone, this combination will literally bring you back to full, if not close to it. Your team taking a beating? Hide in a bush or around a corner and channel Divine Hymn. Use your Mindbender on CD for mana. If there is a resto druid in your group - BEG, literally, BEG for Cyclone via Symbiosis. It helps alot, the Rdruid HPriest combo is pretty damn amazing actually. You can use it to Juke, and if u get interrupted, no big deal - you aren't locked out of your Holy spells.

I have some screenies at home of me healing 15m+ in games without dying. I was a die-hard Disc PvP since I started PvPing, and this Holy thing is a totally different playstyle. Stick with it, get your keybinds in order and bound to muscle memory. Don't give up. I love playing Priest and have made the switch to Holy and am loving it.

Now, just to find an RBG group that will take me lol. I fear I will be chained to Random BG's all season.

PS: Logged out in shadow gears.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't support atonement healing at all in PvP, I just wish there was another way to get archangel without having to do something so useless, I like the wings 25% added healing, but in the past it was merely an option, now it seems like blizzard gave no thought and made it seem like it should be mandatory use.

I understand its not viable for a couple of reasons:
- it is only melee range
- the other players resilience will mitigate the healing done
- smite would be interrupted.

I just wanted to say , that we cannot achieve maximum healing without archangel, which , is a sad thing to watch it be tied to something that is absolutely not an option for PvP and contradicts a superior option. I wish penance would give stacks of evangelism when used to heal, does this make my point clearer?

I am also upset about the stripping of our focused will and turning our important baseline abilities into glyphs and a talent.

Well, to be honest the only time I approve of evangelism is when I help nuke another player in arena. In cata, I used to do that with power infusion - spike spike spike blast.
Edited by Wofye on 10/15/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/11/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Zanjádo
Am I just way off base here?

No you are not. It is not just an empty qq from all of us disc priests. I am still spending time trying to get some synergy from the current clunky mechanics Blizz has created for disc priests. This definitely needs to be addressed. What is my rotation? damage? heals? Oh okay, both? Wait what? *confused*
Reply Quote
87 Orc Shaman
Ex Disc here... I've been lvling my Resto Shaman and I highly recommend it to all of you. Great thoroughput, amazing survivability and lots of utility. It's nice to play a class where the designers obvioulsy understand the class. I would like to think Disc will get buffed soon.. but I know that isn't the case this time. If you follow GC's posts and Twitter, he strongly advocates that Disc is fine right now except for one single mention that there might be mana issues with the spec. Otherwise, doesn't look like they are going to change things. The problem is they reworked the entire class and it's going to take another expansion to change all of that.

I experienced the same thing last expac with Destro Locks... terrible design, the developers obviously had never played the spec in PvP before. Us Destro Locks actually received a response from Blizzard towards the end of Cataclysm, where they said that class mechanics (which was the problem with Destro and, likewise, the problem with MoP Disc) are only going to be changed upon the introduction of a new expansion pack. I kid you not, they said this. Thus, I have little hope for Disc in MoP.

Perhaps the thing that BOGGLES me the most most is WHY DID THEY NEED TO TWEAK DISC PRIESTS IN MOP? Nothing needed changing.... one of the most balanced classes in Catalcysm. Did they really need to be changed? And so drastically??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/15/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Freemarket
Nothing will be done to fix the clunk for months, so don't even bother.
You are probably right, but what makes you so sure? In fact we don't know they will do anything at all ...ever. It is definitely in our interests to attempt to give specific feedback in hopes that Blizz will make corrections where possible.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Well.. (This is my other toon...I am the OP for this thread)
Since creating this thread, I ran 21 BG's. (3 Wins 18 Losses)...We used to win roughly 53% of them....Now, I watch alliance work together as a team almost every time, while the horde are running this way and that..having no clue how to work together. Either that or I am cursed...Whatever the reason for this 3-18 record, I give up on PvP.
I gave up on PvP'ing this past Saturday evening. I spent 4 hours in BG's for a total of ~650 Honor Points. I threw my hands up in defeat and gave up. Since then, I hopped on my resto Shammy...the one I'm posting with now...and ran regs, heroics and LFR's and have been ejoying it every step of the way.
Sadly, though...PvE only holds my attention for so long. I know I'll lose interest because I start thinking to myself, "What's the point of getting all this gear when it serves me no purpose?" Only pvp gear serve a purpose I'm interested in --> Surviving a would-be ganker when I'm minding my own business in W-PvP....or Helping save the life of a fellow Horde when they are being ganged-up on in W-PvP.. The nicest PvE gear does none of this anymore.
Oh well...It's now a race against time.. Which will happen first? PvP getting more balanced or me simply finding something else to do with my free time? Time will tell.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i dont do to bad. actually do pretty well. void shift is probably the biggest spell we have atm as its game changing
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
I am tired of the gimmicks they have given priests.

Grace --> Increases the effectiveness of your heals on the target.
Problem: What happens if there is target in need of a heal that doesn't have grace? It is going to be weak. It is especially an issue when you are trying to heal multiple people.

NO other healer has the ramp up time for their heals that priests have. It used to be druids had kind of a problem with that via lifebloom swaps but they now have a GLYPH for it.

All the other healers have to do is target someone and press one of their heal buttons. Their effectiveness isn't lowered if they haven't "ramped" up. Priest heals are weak in general, why do they need the ramp up time? Remove grace and buff the heals.

Evangelism/Archangel ---> Increases the effectiveness of your heals
Problem: Again, needing to ramp up to be an effective healer. Why do priests need this ramp up time? No other healer has to ramp up like this, it is simply target and heal. There is no mini-game of trying to juggle grace stacks and evangelism/archangel just to do the same job every other healer can do.

Offensive capabilities
Problem: They have been gutted. Plain and simple. We lost a LOT. Mana burn was needed for priests because Blizzard always seems bullheaded and won't allow priests to have the regen other healers have. Now it is clear that priests are AWFUL mana hogs that can't outlast any of the other healers if their lives depended on it.

Mind spike removed, mind blast removed, smite/holy fire hitting for pitiful amounts. Priest offensive dispel is lacking compared to shaman purge which can removed TWO buffs rather than ONE.

Offensive Dispels
Problem: Getting offensively dispelled cripples the spec. Their casted heals are VERY weak and if the bubble gets dispelled its GG. I think if the bubble gets spellstolen or dispelled it should reduce the weakened soul debuff by 10 seconds.

Defensive Dispels
Problem: Diseases are the least powerful debuffs in pvp. The ability to dispel diseases isn't a gamechanger. Dispelling CURSES is far more powerful and useful. How many disease debuffs are there? Death Knights pitiful diseases and devouring plague. Versus warlock curses/curse of exhaustion, hex, etc.

So what you have is a hollow spec. They have weak heals, terrible offensive capabilities, low mobility, and lackluster utility.

As for holy spec... AGAIN blizzard is obsessed with this gimmick stuff for priests. If you want to AOE heal, you have to be in sanctuary to be on the same level of other classes AOE heals. If you want to single target heal, you HAVE to be in serenity. You can't do both at the same time.

No other class has to choose what they want to do. They can perform both roles at the same time. Priests CANT.
Edited by Lureilyia on 10/15/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am really having a hard time understanding where a lot of you are coming from. I can agree that disc is the weakest PvP healer currently, but y'all are making it seem as if we are nonviable.

Between psyfiend, phantasm, and shadowmeld, I'm having a wonderful time juggling new + exciting cooldowns and noticing some fine survivability.

Admittedly, I haven't started arena this season yet, but it doesn't seem like that is where most of these complaints are coming from (although those would hold the most weight).

Not to brag, but if anything, I feel our survivability comes through a more unique type of play, and a lot of you people seem to still be adapting to that.

There is no doubt disc could be at a better place, but really guys? Shame on those who can't find their place and are rerolling FoTM shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/15/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Tweekin
Admittedly, I haven't started arena this season yet, but it doesn't seem like that is where most of these complaints are coming from (although those would hold the most weight).

My complaints all come from arena play, and are not just survivability. Our damage, CC, and mana longevity are key issues where we fall behind a *long* way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Give Holy a try. People still haven't adjusted and don't really know what to do with me when they see me. The 4-piece bonus for Holy is netting Holy Word: Serenity crits of 145k. Renew is so powerful. Put the Lightspring on top of the node flag. You get a 2 second stun along with your other cc abilities. Granted, I'm only playing Random BGs, but Holy is really fun to play and it's not unusual to heal for 10m or more during a BG if I'm seeing alot of action.

Problem with Holy is that (On my own personal experience) you get killed even way faster!
Sure you might be able to pull more heal, but I spend more time as a Val'kyr than as Blood elf.
Our shields are a joke, even more as Holy. No Shields = no "Somewhat" safe hard cast. Any suggestion on that? Also, for BGs should I always keep Serenity up? I tried to go Sanctuary lol. bad idea.

Chakra Serenity 99% of the time. Take a look at the set bonus. You have an increased chance to crit on HW:Serenity every 10 sconds. My crits on HW:S are healing for 145k+, that's pretty huge every 10 seconds when you have ProM bouncing and renew rolling. I use shield mostly as a getaway (body n soul) or to buy some cushion to heal up. My shields absorb about 64k, so I don't find that to be weak at all. Renew is doing about 30% of my healing in BG's.

Mind you, I'm only running Random BG's, but basically I just keep renew rolling on anyone in range, keep ProM on CD, HW:S on CD and try to stay on the move to either range or LoS. Tendrils on Melee, Fear on CD (either on enemy heals or to get away). Cascade will refresh Renew on anyone it hits, so make sure you have alot of Renews rolling when you use it and try to be at a distance from your group when you do. I use desperation, inner sanctum and inner fire glyphs. The only time I switch out of Chakra:Serenity is to use the 2 sec Chastise on someone in a pinch, but I stay in Serenity most of the time. If I'm at a node, Lightspring goes on top of the flag. I only use Circle of Healing sparingly, or in emergencies, because it is pretty mana costly, though as gear improves I'm sure I will be using it more. I take desperate Prayer and Macro it to the Battlemaster trinket and Healthstone. Right now, Healthstones are healing for more than Desperate Prayer. If you are low, and you have a Healthstone, this combination will literally bring you back to full, if not close to it. Your team taking a beating? Hide in a bush or around a corner and channel Divine Hymn. Use your Mindbender on CD for mana. If there is a resto druid in your group - BEG, literally, BEG for Cyclone via Symbiosis. It helps alot, the Rdruid HPriest combo is pretty damn amazing actually. You can use it to Juke, and if u get interrupted, no big deal - you aren't locked out of your Holy spells.

I have some screenies at home of me healing 15m+ in games without dying. I was a die-hard Disc PvP since I started PvPing, and this Holy thing is a totally different playstyle. Stick with it, get your keybinds in order and bound to muscle memory. Don't give up. I love playing Priest and have made the switch to Holy and am loving it.

Now, just to find an RBG group that will take me lol. I fear I will be chained to Random BG's all season.

PS: Logged out in shadow gears.

I thank you for taking such a big amount of your time to write such a complex and helpful answer.
I will most likely give it a try tomorrow morning. i got sick and tired of Disc being undercut. I was just in arenas with my fellow guildies and so it happens Holy paladins not only heal themselves to 100% in a blink of an eye, their mana never gets lower than 90%.

I am not quite sure if going Holy in arenas would work around in a good manner, but might as well give it a try.
I'll stay in serenity as you mentioned and always get those Renew up!
Also, I don't think i could handle doing pvp without a trinket that dispells CC abilities. Lucky, you're human.

P.S I dind't know Cascade refresh Renew effect. Amazing.

I'll try to get on a character on your realm see if we can discuss this a little bit more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]