Monk macro problem, please help!

Alright so I'm loving my monk right now while im leveling him up, but their is a lot of micro managing that you have to do to keep your class running. I wanted to make a macro that would rising sun kick if that was off CD and blackout kick if not, To simplify out the class a little bit for me.
I tried just a simple:
/cast Rising Sun Kick
/cast Blackout kick
But that hasn't been working (I've tried to reverse it as well) the tooltip shows the CD of rising sun kick and after RSK is used it will say "the spell is not ready yet" even though i have chi and blackout kicks to use. I know on my warrior I have a similar macro that goes like;
/cast charge
/cast hamstring
for pvp and that works fine. I don't want to do a castsequence macro because you can't always have the perfect amount of blackout kicks inbetween RSK's, so if anyone has any idea of a macro that i can use to help with this that would be great. (I know that razer nostromo's have kinda advanced macro functions so if their is some way to use that to make the macro work that would be great)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/11/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Fongku
I wanted to make a macro that would rising sun kick if that was off CD and blackout kick if not, To simplify out the class a little bit for me.

This is intentionally not possible. Macros can not cast a certain ability based on cooldown.

I know on my warrior I have a similar macro that goes like;
/cast charge
/cast hamstring

This works because Charge is off the GCD, and the ranges on Charge and Hamstring are mutually exclusive. A macro will attempt to cast all off-GCD abilities/items in it, and the first (and only the first) on-GCD ability listed every time you hit it. This attempts to Charge and Hamstring every time it's activated, since Charge is off the GCD. One or the other is guaranteed to fail because of range.
Reply Quote
Dammit blizzard aha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Syk
It was a good change. Back when it *did* check for cooldowns, you could make a one-button IWIN macro with /castrandom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]