Daily Respec

90 Undead Priest
Background
So I hit 90 a few days ago. I've been playing this priest since end of WotLK (iirc). I love healing, I feel so powerful saving people from death and enabling them to crush my opponent.

For raiding, I have always been Holy as the AoE healing complimented the large raid groups you're usually in.

For PvP, (Arena & BG), I have always been Disc, as there are a lot of single-target cooldowns that work well with smaller groups and known incoming damage mitigation.

Now in Pandaria, I want to be able to do my dailies effectively. Holy Fire, Penance, and Smite spamming aren't very efficient at killing quest mobs and substantially slows down the questing.

I wish to use Holy for PvE, Disc for PvP, and Shadow for Dailies but it's annoying to constantly have to spend gold, visit a trainer, and fix a few talents everyday that I want to do my dailies.

Question
Are there any effective ways to do your dailies in Holy (I tried using the red chakra and it's still very slow) or Disc to avoid having to constantly switch over to Shadow every day?

Additional Information/Question
I've been reading that a lot of people are having some success with Holy PvP. I wouldn't be opposed to simply switching out glyphs and a few talents everytime I want to switch from PvP content to PvE content. Would you suggest having Holy as 1 spec for both PvE and PvP and then Shadow for dailies?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Anyone have any tips on this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You could get a friend and have them pull and AoE a ton of things while you heal them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/12/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Consite
You could get a friend and have them pull and AoE a ton of things while you heal them.

I'd prefer to do these solo, just as a preference. I find that I can complete them far faster by myself than when I'm grouped with others and have to wait for more spawns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The few times I forget to switch specs to shadow and find myself doing a daily as disc or holy I find what you did, that it works but it's very slow. I think that's just the nature of the heal-based spec. No great solution to your desire for more than two specs, personally I want at least five.

1 - DPS PVE
2 - DPS PVP
3 - PVE Heal Holy
4 - PVE Heal Disc (for tank healing)
5 - PVP Heal
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What I want is probably an in-game profile set up for each specialization.

I don't mind respeccing daily for quests but with Macaroon broken and Ion profile-less, it's a main to go through teh whole spec, reglyph, retalent, FIX BARS everything I need to go shadow for dailies. Profiled barmod will fix bar buttons for me but what I really want is an all-in-one talent-glyph-spec swap button so I don't have to go through the motions over and over again.

Or forget something. I raided once as holy in SHADOW glyphs. My that was quite horrible.

I raid holy-disc and I change between both specs every night. Getting really tiring.
Edited by Zamboozle on 10/12/2012 8:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have both disc/holy specs as well. I do my dailies in Disc however, not holy. Atonement heals save my hide. I do sometimes go with a guildie partner and we tear it up and they go faster. But mostly I just suck it up and stick with Disc as I refuse to pay the gold to get shadow and then redo my buttons, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/12/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Jaenna
I have both disc/holy specs as well. I do my dailies in Disc however, not holy. Atonement heals save my hide. I do sometimes go with a guildie partner and we tear it up and they go faster. But mostly I just suck it up and stick with Disc as I refuse to pay the gold to get shadow and then redo my buttons, etc.

This is what I'm talking about. I bet if you were given the opportunity to have a Shadow spec with glyphs and talents readily available to you with a click of a button, you would jump on that. I tried doing Disc atonement with the smite glyph, but it was still incredibly slow compared to Shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/12/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Butterednuts

This is what I'm talking about. I bet if you were given the opportunity to have a Shadow spec with glyphs and talents readily available to you with a click of a button, you would jump on that. I tried doing Disc atonement with the smite glyph, but it was still incredibly slow compared to Shadow.

Oh you mean have a 3rd spec available? Sure. I guess I misunderstood your original question. Because I heal so much - I simply make do questing with the ones I have rather than paying to have shadow take one of their places.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well me too honestly. I don't like Shadow all that much, but at the same time I find it almost required.

Perhaps I should give Disc smite spamming questing another try.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Well me too honestly. I don't like Shadow all that much, but at the same time I find it almost required.

Perhaps I should give Disc smite spamming questing another try.

With SW:Pain, SW:Death, Holy Fire, Smite, Penance, Mind Sear (meh), Void Tendrils, Mindbender, AND Divine Star ..it is completely doable. But yep a little slow. How I wish we still had Mind Spike!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]