wow, ret is pretty good in pvp

26 Dwarf Shaman
Hey guys, I was in a bg last night rolling my ret and he was doing great. Granted I had two priests and a druid behind me, but the damage I was dishing out was really good. My ret is 89 is it just he lvl he is at or is can ret pack a punch in bg's now?
Reply Quote
We've got amazing utility, better even than in Cata. WoG doesn't crit for insane 10% -> 100% heals anymore, but without a cooldown it's much more flexible. Clemency gives us the ability to really help out our teams.

I'm not sure where we stand on burst damage, but AW on a 3 minute cooldown did hurt. Otherwise it's hard for me to tell if our cooldown burst is the same as it was in Cata or worse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you need to get to 90 :/ thats when you start to see the difference. We aren't bad but we could use some tweaks imo.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Zrrttoops
Hey guys, I was in a bg last night rolling my ret and he was doing great. Granted I had two priests and a druid behind me, but the damage I was dishing out was really good. My ret is 89 is it just he lvl he is at or is can ret pack a punch in bg's now?
Nonsense. Just because you had 3 pocket healers doesnt mean you were doing any damage. In the real world you will be using your holy power to stay alive and when not will be hitting like a wet paper towel.

Warriors, Warlocks, Spriest and DK will double your damage. Our damage is terribad outside of cooldowns. As of this patch any of the 4 classes I just mentioned will destroy you at level 90 1 v 1. BTW, Warriors now have second wind which means they passively heal for more damage then you can dish out when their health drops to 30%. Then they use their Holy Power equivalent to destroy you.
Edited by Agincourt on 10/12/2012 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nonsense. Yes, Warriors are pretty tough. However, if you hold your cooldowns until they hit 35% you can burn through Second Wind.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
rets are fine at the moment, sure bm and warriors are a little out of whack but that doesn't mean we need to be broken too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 05:20 PMPosted by Agincourt
Nonsense. Just because you had 3 pocket healers doesnt mean you were doing any damage. In the real world you will be using your holy power to stay alive and when not will be hitting like a wet paper towel.

Warriors, Warlocks, Spriest and DK will double your damage. Our damage is terribad outside of cooldowns. As of this patch any of the 4 classes I just mentioned will destroy you at level 90 1 v 1. BTW, Warriors now have second wind which means they passively heal for more damage then you can dish out when their health drops to 30%. Then they use their Holy Power equivalent to destroy you.

For the love of god, give it a rest, buddy. If you really feel that gimped, why don't you play a different class or spec? You're not even close to being good or even halfway decent at trolling, so all you're doing is making yourself look like a whining child.

Ret would be considered OP if they were to up the sustained damage too much, because our utility and burst would make for an unstoppable force. Ret has been OP for a while now and it's just lately started to balance out. Get over it. Playing something that's too OP isn't even fun, unless you're a talentless, piece of garbage and you can't succeed without being OP?

Finally, they haven't even released the first MoP patch yet. Who knows, maybe they plan on changing a few things here in a couple months? Maybe not. But to sit around and cry about it all day long just makes you look pathetic.

So, if that was your intentions, you've definitely succeeded.

Grats.
Reply Quote
32 Human Warrior
10/12/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Sharrow
Nonsense. Yes, Warriors are pretty tough. However, if you hold your cooldowns until they hit 35% you can burn through Second Wind.

FINALLY someone who knows how to play.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I should have to change class becuase Blizz screwed up on balancing PVP and our damage? LOL.. How about they fix what's broken? We shouldn't have the worst DPS in the game. If that's acceptable to you then you have very low standards
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/kontaminant/WoWScrnShot_101212_194517.jpg

I'm a terrible pvper as well. I know those numbers aren't fantastic compared to some of the stuff others have posted in other threads but please give it a break and re-evaluate what your doing. We're really not that terrible in pvp.

My highest TV in this BG was 87K, we don't hit like noodles all the time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Just got out of a BG. I was in the middle of the action the entire time and crisp on my rotation and did 5M damage. Warlock did 19M damage. Yup...our damage is great
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb433/LeonDerge/WoWScrnShot_101212_001951.jpg

Ret is just so weak. /sarcasm

I likely would have out-damaged that DK as well if I wasn't playing defensively in some of the fights and being all supportive with my hand spells.
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
10/12/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Agincourt
Just got out of a BG. I was in the middle of the action the entire time and crisp on my rotation and did 5M damage. Warlock did 19M damage. Yup...our damage is great

Wait...

You think overall damage in a BG means anything?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Wait...

You think overall damage in a BG means anything?
Yeah, when a player can do 4 times my damage that means a lot. If it means nothing then give me 4 times the damage and I'll be happy

That's why Hunters, Warriors, DK and Warlocks will be asked into RBGs and not Rets.....duh
Edited by Agincourt on 10/12/2012 11:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 10:56 PMPosted by Agincourt

It's you, not the class. After reading countless posts from you over the last few weeks, I've come to realize you must just be awful at Ret.

Plain and simple.
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
10/12/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Agincourt
I should have to change class becuase Blizz screwed up on balancing PVP and our damage? LOL.. How about they fix what's broken? We shouldn't have the worst DPS in the game. If that's acceptable to you then you have very low standards

You should roll any other class and then go fight a ret paladin.

Come back and share your feelings.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
agincourt do you exist purely to whine about ret pvp damage?
Reply Quote
I don't. I do think he needs to ease back on the bitterness by several notches though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]