Thinking of coming back to the game...

71 Worgen Warrior
...but I am concerned about the lore.

How well/linear is the lore now from 1-90? I will be playing at an ultra casual speed just because I don't have a lot of time to play as it is, and I just want to savor the story line along the way.

Thanks for any input.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
um, well it's not linear at all anymore:

1-60: OMG deathwing and the enemy faction is attacking! What was thrall thinking making Garrosh the leader of the horde?
58-70: OMG Illidan and the burning crusade army, hey there's uncorrupted orcs here but their tribal leader Garrosh is a whiny brat.
68-80 Now that Illidan is dealt with, time to go back and finish off the Lich King. Oh look, Garrosh is a general, and while no longer whiny now he's just rude and arrogant.
80-85: Now that the Lich King is dead, lets get back to killing each other, wait OMG Deathwing!
85-90: Deathwing is dead, hello Pandaren.
Reply Quote
71 Worgen Warrior
Haha, okay...so the storyline is garbage now is what you're telling me :)

Perhaps nostalgia is winning the battle of bringing me back to this game........
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Specific zones for Vanilla areas can be too linear at times. I'd recommend creating a trial and playing some of the racial beginning storylines to see if you want to invest in playing again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Siil

No, that's not what she's telling you. You asked for a general overview of multiple expansions of content and that's what she gave you, with a humorous twist. Trying to summarize an entire expansion (or even a content patch) in a nutshell is very difficult.

If you want to come back, try out a trial or use the Scroll of Resurrection program if you're eligible for it. It's your account, so it's entirely up to you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Perhaps nostalgia is winning the battle of bringing me back to this game........

It's not garbage so much as it's very... timey-wimey now.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

It's not garbage so much as it's very... timey-wimey now.

You forogot the wibbly-wobbly
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

The story is fine. You just have to take the story of each expansion on it's own. So instead of 1-90, you have to think of one 1-60 as one story, 60-70 as another, 70-80, 80-85, and then 85-90. Or 1-60 and then 60-90.
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
Its a bit weird how when you make a dk, you go through the story of how you leave the lich king and rejoin the alliance or horde. Then you go to outland!?!?! Woulda made sense to have dks start and 65 not 55. Although then it wouldn't have been fair at the time of LK launch due to people who were 70 deserving a headstart over new dks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]