150 mount achieve. . .a KITE???

100 Human Warlock
a silly KITE?? really? you gather 150 mounts and your reward is a kids toy you can ride?
Nothing cool? The albino drake and the dragonhawk were beautiful, unique mounts. . .
for 150 we're going to get a recolor the flightpath vehicle? Fail.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=133023
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Mage
Probably a reskin of the rep mount reward too :(

edit: At least the dragonhawks were a new model of mount (at the time).
Edited by Kdog on 10/11/2012 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
It stinks. I wish they would rethink this. . but they won't. a unique colored cloud serpent would have been far more appropriate, IMHO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Yeah the kites suck if they put in an awesome unique reward it would actually get people inspired to start collecting but all we get is achievements a year after we hit the number and crappy reskins of unpopular models.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/11/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Kaylessa
It stinks. I wish they would rethink this. . but they won't. a unique colored cloud serpent would have been far more appropriate, IMHO.
Well, then the cloudserpents will become the new regular drakes. They all look the same, only difference is color. What I like about the kite is that they're trying something new with it. It might not be popular, but at least it's not the same model & new skin.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Wiliel
Well, then the cloudserpents will become the new regular drakes. They all look the same, only difference is color. What I like about the kite is that they're trying something new with it. It might not be popular, but at least it's not the same model & new skin.

except it is. . .I imagine it is the exact same kite as the one EVERYONE rides every time they take a flight path in Pandaria. . .. Everyone gets to ride a kite. . .might not get to steer it, but everyone gets to ride them. Nothing special at all about it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
And there is a kite for being exalted with all the Panda-clan factions as well?
Edited by Sophistique on 10/11/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/11/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Sophistique
And there is a kite for being exalted with all the Panda-clan factions as well?

This.

And it's not even like the Albino Drake where it's a unique skin.
A kite will not ever stand out. It's bland and lame.

I'd prefer one of the cloud serpent.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'd prefer an Albino cloud serpent...

...or, of course, my Green Firehawk!! *-*
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Warrada
I'd prefer an Albino cloud serpent...

That's actually a good idea, Ivory Cloud Serpent pure white with a glowing aura around it lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Pretty lame, least we have an achieve though. This achieve is long overdo, clearly it's not a huge resource focus of Blizzard's, so I didn't expect anything amazing. That said, I think this is a good place to put an AMAZING mount to keep players going. 150 mounts is something any player can get if they put in the time, you can get there with very little skill, just some dedication. I think rewarding players with a really well though out cool looking mount will keep people playing.
Cata got pretty lame once firelands was done, but what kept me playing was mount hunting. Yeah, running stonecore 150 times isn't "fun" per se, but the reward when you see that mount drop makes it all worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
We've got a hand-ful of mounts with no way to obtain yet in the journal.
Mostly heavenly cloud serpents.

Seriously don't know why they didn't use one of those since it requires no extra resources but stands out quite a bit more than a kite.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whats wrong with the kite? :( I like the kites, I for one, is excited for this new kite reward.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
10/12/2012 05:04 AMPosted by calvinball
Whats wrong with the kite? :( I like the kites, I for one, is excited for this new kite reward.

Agreed...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
WOah I have a kite mount?

I'm sorry they couldn't find a mount to satisfy every single person in WoW.
Edited by Potsu on 10/12/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I think people are more annoyed that we waited so long for this achievement only to find out its just a simple reskin of something else that most people find glitchy with their characters.. I mean everyone was asking for another achievement mount but really the albino was unique in its coloring you knew what it was, the dragonhawk was a unique mount until the tcg one came out. I dont really care for the kites just because of how awkward they are, id prefer if they were hang gliders but the kite is essentially just well a kite.. us lazy people are used to kites cause thats the flypath mount lol.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/12/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Sasrei
I think people are more annoyed that we waited so long for this achievement only to find out its just a simple reskin of something else that most people find glitchy with their characters.. I mean everyone was asking for another achievement mount but really the albino was unique in its coloring you knew what it was, the dragonhawk was a unique mount until the tcg one came out. I dont really care for the kites just because of how awkward they are, id prefer if they were hang gliders but the kite is essentially just well a kite.. us lazy people are used to kites cause thats the flypath mount lol.

pretty much. If the flight path mount was NOT a kite, I wouldn't be so irritated by it. The last one for mountain o mounts. .. if you saw someone on a blue dragonhawk. . you KNEW it was the 100 mount achieve. . . .now. . .not so much. They are clunky, they are glitchy and IMHO, they are just downright ugly. The kite is now the most ridden mount in the game, and it's what we get (painted green!) for accumulating 150 mounts. It's just very disappointing to me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I just saw this on Wowhead. First reaction was "FRICKEN SWEET A NEW MOUNT ACHIEVEMENT!" and then I continued on reading and saw the reward . . .

Please, for the love of all that is good, change this. No body wants to go through the effort of collecting 150 mounts just to have their reward be re-skinned kite mount, especially after we waited so long for this achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
[quote="68633686588"]

I'd prefer one of the cloud serpent.

i'd take a vomit colored cloud serpent over a kite any day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
HC
I agree it should have been one of the Heavenly cloud serpents they have datamined or at least the lost green firehawk. Still even though it is a reskin, the other kite you get from the achievement you have to be exalted with ALL of the pandaria factions. Most people will stop at revered anyways just for the gear. Only the mount collectors will be dedicated enough to push an extra 21000 rep for just the mounts.

And Seeing as golen lotus, shado-pan, and august celestials take some real work, it's not like you are going to see a ton of either of these kites flying around (unless it from a flightpath XD)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]