Why can't my alts use the serpent mount?

Why am I forced to do the dailies again just to use this mount on a different character?

I'll tell you what right now, I have been dreading doing these dailies each day so much that I just wanna stop paying for this game and get it over with.

All these changes come out where everything is shared between characters to make life easier and then out comes this stupid riding skill required to fly a serpent mount only obtainable by getting exalted?

I'm ready to throw this game in the bin. One stupid design choice after another.

EDIT: Yes, I'm mad.
Edited by Mattee on 10/11/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Monk
It is kind of annoying. I've been wanting to do the rep on my Priest, but now I don't feel it's worth it when my alts can't use the mounts. Not worth it to me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MoP doesn't feel alt friendly at the moment, glad I decided to stick with 1 toon and not have 10 alts like I did in Cata.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
also might as well throw this in here instead of making a new thread. why is there only 3 stupid dailes and while your at it(main reason i mention this) why was my yesterday and todays 2 of those 3 dailies to line myself up to get 3 shotted by a npc.

today i get (again) skyrace which they cheat at so thats a perm loss but doable at least but my other 2 are absolutely impossible like not even a friggen chance cause i get 3 shotted by both npc's [The Trainer's Challenge: Ace Longpaw] and [The Trainer's Challenge: Qua-Ro Whitebrow]

geee thanks you guys gave me these 2 yesterday and i got no choice but to abandon them and now again today so what i get them again tomorow?????? does this mean im now to 1 whole daily a day and your telling me i must do this on every alt???? 1 daily a day. bloody expansion will be over by time i can get this mount
Edited by Xerha on 10/11/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
BECAUSE DAILIES ARE THE END ALL OF FUN.

10/11/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Walter
MoP doesn't feel alt friendly at the moment, glad I decided to stick with 1 toon and not have 10 alts like I did in Cata.

It's actually, IMO, the least alt friendly expansion of all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Let's complain about having to do dailies that are 100% optional
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/11/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Mattee
I'll tell you what right now, I have been dreading doing these dailies each day so much that I just wanna stop paying for this game and get it over with.

If you were disliking the dailies so much why didn't you just spread them out over a few months instead of doing them all in the first few weeks?

It is not like they are gonna disappear on you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
so an entirely optional facet of the game that won't let you use ONE mount type that they will probably change at a later date once it passes relevancy is enough to ruin it for you?

k, don't let the door hit you on the way out
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Dippindotss
Let's complain about having to do dailies that are 100% optional

The fact is that they are optional, but required if you want the reward at the end, in which case the people making the complaints about the dailies are talking about. Just because you don't agree with what they are saying doesn't make what they are saying moot, invalid, unimportant or nothing.

Saying they are optional is a way to trivialize what people are feeling right now about how things are set up, and it's not helping.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Agreed, OP. I got them on my main, this druid, when I don't even use flying mounts because let's face it, instant flying > everything else. But now I can't even use them on my alts like I planned, along with all the other serpent mounts we can get in the future. Sad day.

also might as well throw this in here instead of making a new thread. why is there only 3 stupid dailes and while your at it(main reason i mention this) why was my yesterday and todays 2 of those 3 dailies to line myself up to get 3 shotted by a npc.

today i get (again) skyrace which they cheat at so thats a perm loss but doable at least but my other 2 are absolutely impossible like not even a friggen chance cause i get 3 shotted by both npc's [The Trainer's Challenge: Ace Longpaw] and [The Trainer's Challenge: Qua-Ro Whitebrow]

geee thanks you guys gave me these 2 yesterday and i got no choice but to abandon them and now again today so what i get them again tomorow?????? does this mean im now to 1 whole daily a day and your telling me i must do this on every alt???? 1 daily a day. bloody expansion will be over by time i can get this mount

First of all, there are more than 3 dailies. There are 4 more (I think) for each secondary profession you can pick up. I get that the secondaries are hard to level, but it's something.

The Sky Race is easy as hell to win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5avgfQ2PJ98

Watch that and get first every single time.

But I do agree that the Ace Longshot guy was ridiculous to kill. Not only did I die four times before I called a friend out to help, but they put the graveyard up on a pillar in the center of the ocean and it's a painful run back with no ghost gryphon.
Edited by Taylorshift on 10/11/2012 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Really? You know that soon, and at the latest it would happen late in the expansion, when those mounts as well go account-wide. If you feel the need to go grind rep for a mount on a second character, be my guest, but don't come crying when it becomes pointless when those mounts become account-wide anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They're doing a pretty big buff to rep gain in a future patch. Sucks that you can't use the mount on leveling alts.. who would get the most use out of something like that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
And serpent fight is necessary to game play how? Blizz put in a rep requirement. If you want your alts to fly, they grind the rep out. If you can't be arsed to grind out rep, no fancy dragon for you. However, I fail to see how this is game breaking, or immersion breaking, or so horrible you need to chuck the whole thing. It's a mount.
Reply Quote
I dont mind the dailies, it's not like the grind is hard at all. I've been 90 for a week, and I'm going to be exalted tomorrow.
Does anyone know if we get exalted on our alts will they be able to use the mount we already have or do we have to buy it seperately for each alt?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/11/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Tsavis
Does anyone know if we get exalted on our alts will they be able to use the mount we already have or do we have to buy it seperately for each alt?

The mounts themselves are account-wide, the training is not.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
I dont mind the dailies, it's not like the grind is hard at all. I've been 90 for a week, and I'm going to be exalted tomorrow.

i seen someone on a egg youtube vid who had all 3 mounts so i thought they was account wide. now im finding out they not so i think im just gonna give up on this pita grind and just stick with my tillers dailies cause i actually like that little farmville game. mabey once in awhile ill go do those fishing dailies for a excuse to level my fishing. other then that i couldnt be bothered with dailies anymore. im sick to death of em all
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Taylorshift

The mounts themselves are account-wide, the training is not.

Thank you, I was hoping not to buy each mount four or five times.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/11/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Moraveck
The fact is that they are optional, but required if you want the reward at the end, in which case the people making the complaints about the dailies are talking about. Just because you don't agree with what they are saying doesn't make what they are saying moot, invalid, unimportant or nothing.

actually...yeah, it kind of does

you pretty much just said they're complaining because they have to do work for a reward
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
10/11/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Mattee
All these changes come out where everything is shared between characters to make life easier and then out comes this stupid riding skill required to fly a serpent mount only obtainable by getting exalted?

whaaaaat.... you have to buy a separate riding skill that requires exalted to ride a mount?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETARDED!!

So much for "we don't want to force you to have only 1 main."
Edited by Jezpaku on 10/11/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]