5.1: the return to the Black Temple(Spoilers)

90 Undead Warlock
I think this deserves it's own thread, as it's the first time we'll be returning to Outland in years.

Black Temple will be a Scenario next patch and will involve Akama.

Scenario map: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/#image=51scenarios:3

Scenario Steps
•Enter the Black Temple - Avoid the guards and enter the Sanctuary of Shadows.
•Search for Evidence of the Council's Presence - Find proof that the Council of the Black Harvest came to the temple.
•Follow Akama to the Shrine of Lost Souls
•Uncover the Council's Plan - Investigate the Reliquary of Souls.
•Defeat the Essence of Order - Claim the soul crystal left behind by the Council of the Black Harvest.
•Survive the Demonic Invasion - Fight off the demons unleashed by the Reliquary and return to Akama in the Halls of Anguish.
•Purge or Plunder - Choose to save Akama's men in the Halls of Anguish or plunder the Den of Mortal delights in the chaos.
•Head to the Temple Summit - Take the Empowered Soulcore to the Temple Summit.

Dialogue: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/october/crystal.jpg

There is also an object called the "Eye of the Storm." It is currently in red text and states "This Naaru crystal contains immense power." It is related, but it is still uncertain what it's purpose is.

Thoughts/Tin-foil Hat theories?
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Rogue
Where's my green felfire?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/11/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Bruce
Where's my green felfire?

Possibly in http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/92426-sealed-tome-of-the-lost-legion

or

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/92441-the-codex-of-xerrath
Reply Quote
Better question is Purge or Plunder. Oocly and icly what would you choose. oocly and icly I choose plunder.
Reply Quote
This Council of the Black Harvest could be a very interesting group.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 09:08 PMPosted by Cladriah
Better question is Purge or Plunder. Oocly and icly what would you choose. oocly and icly I choose plunder.

ICly, Purge. OOCly, if there's added benefits? Plunder.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I find this well within my interests, and renews my hope that Outland will get the updated makeover it deserves.

If you remember from when you met Wrathion, he mentioned that the Legion were indeed coming-- almost in full force. This Council of the Black Harvest definitely could be related to the Legion somehow, and would help preemptively set the stage for the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/11/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Marionos
If you remember from when you met Wrathion, he mentioned that the Legion were indeed coming-- almost in full force. This Council of the Black Harvest definitely could be related to the Legion somehow, and would help preemptively set the stage for the next expansion.

Could also be related to the Six lore warlocks that was all the fury back before MoP came out, the 'reason' warlocks have new spells. An evil counterpart?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Six lore warlocks? This is news to me. Care to fill me in?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yes, I'm interested in this as well Nix. I'd love to learn more about warlock lore if anyone can point me in a direction, been digging into my sindorei warlock a bit and enjoying the gameplay a great deal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/11/2012 10:34 PMPosted by Marionos
Six lore warlocks? This is news to me. Care to fill me in?

Oh goodness, they -are the black harvest-. thats news to me.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Council_of_the_Black_Harvest

They were a group of apparently powerful locks who teamed up in three pairs to get more power and train each other in the secrets they gathered.

Wether or not they are evil or simply antiheroes is unknown.
I was hoping for antiheroes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Vote for antiheroes. We don't have too many as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Vote for antiheroes. We don't have too many as it is.
We only have one, I think. The Ebon Blade.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10/11/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Finaj
There is also an object called the "Eye of the Storm." It is currently in red text and states "This Naaru crystal contains immense power." It is related, but it is still uncertain what it's purpose is.

Another of the Ata'mal Crystals has been found.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Seriously, if they end up villians i'm going to be pissed.
Can blizzard not write one ethical yet morally backrupt warlock who sees that Azeroth is worth defending?
If the Ebon Blade can be seen as badasses and yet still fight the good fight, why not warlocks? Isn't that why we're allowed as a player class? To fight fire with fire? Yet every time theres a warlock in lore they are evil or betray their own or yada yada.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/11/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Qerrathien
Yes, I'm interested in this as well Nix. I'd love to learn more about warlock lore if anyone can point me in a direction, been digging into my sindorei warlock a bit and enjoying the gameplay a great deal.

Also, whisper me anytime you want to talk locks. Love them to pieces I do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Well, in their defense, most of the members of the Council were involved or present at the defeat of a great threat to Azeroth. They seem selfish sadistic arses, but put in the work to put down Cho'gall, Deathwing, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/11/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Nixalegos

Also, whisper me anytime you want to talk locks. Love them to pieces I do.
I shall! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can't get into Warlocks. I get to level 30 then I just stop. :<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/11/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Riodrian
Well, in their defense, most of the members of the Council were involved or present at the defeat of a great threat to Azeroth. They seem selfish sadistic arses, but put in the work to put down Cho'gall, Deathwing, etc.

Ah, so why are we chasing after them? Did they switch loyalties? Get captured? How did we even know a joint group of alliance and Horde warlocks were even there?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]