[Spoiler] I suddenly don't want Turalyon back

24 Dwarf Hunter
Anduin is an idealist and a peacenik. If Garrosh were to straight up murder him, I could see that being the straw that broke the camel's back.
Edited by Whatsupeople on 10/12/2012 4:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
10/12/2012 03:18 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
People like OP seem to think Blizz hates the alliance and doesn't respect the alliance players. They should vote with their money and stop playing.

They don't hate the Alliance Players (we still have our alliance toons, right?).

Just when writing the story, they seem to be very pro-horde

Cataclysm: Blizzard to Alliance: Hello, Alliance. You just lost Southshore, Stonetalon, and Silverwind Post. But you got some 5-quest FP Forts in random-!@# loctions, so be happy.
Blizzard to Horde: Hello, Horde. You beat the Alliance out of Southshore, Stonetalon, and got some bases in their contested areas. BUT YOU LOST TARAJO!!! GET ANGRY! KILL ALLIANCE!!
*Horde kills General Hawthorne*
Blizzard Turns to Alliance: Just so you know, you lost one of your top generals in Kalimdor becuause you had to burn Tarajo. Just deal with it
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
People like OP seem to think Blizz hates the alliance and doesn't respect the alliance players. They should vote with their money and stop playing.

Well to be fair, they are doing a much better job portraying Horde races than Alliance.

5.1 promises involvement from multiple different races of the Horde. Namely the Blood Elves, Trolls, and Orcs. On the other side we just get more humans being pissed off about the Horde, along with Varian becoming the new leader of the Night Elves.

Definitely not hatred of the Alliance, but sounds like they don't know how to write for any race other than Humans and just make the other Alliance races a different flavor of human.
Edited by Donahue on 10/12/2012 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
We have no context for that audio. For all we know, there's a scenario that involves protecting Anduin and the "bad end" dialogue only plays if you wipe.

Garrosh also says, to the player, that he'll let you live to tell the king the price of resistance, queue evil laugh, etc etc. I was the FIRST person to assume the wipe scenario, and trust me, that ain't a wipe scenario.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/11/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Alre
We exist to be conquered. That's the message Metzen is sending us, and that's fine. Each faction has a role.

Fatalism at its finest, people!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Garrosh also says, to the player, that he'll let you live to tell the king the price of resistance

We don't know to whom he says it; it could be Anduin.

Not that it really matters; even if Garrosh did kill Anduin, the Alliance has just discovered a new way to bring people back from the dead.
Edited by Gibbons on 10/12/2012 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
10/11/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Whatsupeople
Alliance QQ thread. Yay. All those Alliance characters that are now "neutral" Like Jaina right? Yeah I can't remember the last time a major Horde character has went neutral. Except their leader that one time. Herp-a-derp.

If you're talking about Thrall then it should be pointed out that he *never* went neutral. He was allied with the Horde at the start of Cataclysm, he brought the Goblins into the Horde, he continued to go with Horde a battlecry, and the devs have already said that he'll be back with the Horde.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
If Turalyon comes back, I hope Teron Gorefiend joins the Horde. I'm just saying that. It'll give Turalyon a reason to remain Alliance, especially if Gorefiend replaces Sylvanas or becomes her next Varimathras type figure, second-in-command. Considering Gorefiend would then be holding Lordaeron, I could see Turalyon taking the fight directly to the Forsaken too.

Glorious.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Really doubt Anduin is going to actually be dead.

I think Blizzard is learning their lesson about how players feel when their iconic faction heroes turn neutral.

You can still hope.

Good thing Anduin is already a Neutral Traitor, his death would at least spur the rest of the Alliance to actually take this war seriously again. It's the least Anduin can do for tainting his family name with his naivety.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/11/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Alre
I reconsidered my requests for Blizzard to un-bury Turalyon from whatever hole he's been in for all this time.

You sir, I will personally pay for your transfer to horde, you traitorous swine. Turalyon should've been the freaking king of the Humans by now and conquered Azeroth. For some reason, he's killing mountains of demons with his wife.

10/11/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Alre
He's Horde food. Used as another instrument to prove how un-believably awesome the Horde is when they decapitate him and drag him across Pandaria by chariot.

I don't think we're talking about the same Turalyon. The Turalyon who Holy Shocked Teron Gorefiend to DEATH again. Gorefiend was stronger than any of the current day Death Knights. Horde comes by him, all he has to do is spin around and kill every orc, troll, goblin, and other horde ally. THIS IS TURALYON WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/12/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Whatsupeople
Anduin is an idealist and a peacenik. If Garrosh were to straight up murder him, I could see that being the straw that broke the camel's back.

We need two straws that broke the camel's back? I recently recall another idealist having her city blown up. The reasoning was that it would give the Alliance a reason to go to war.

Did the effects of Theramore wear off that easily? We're bored of avenging a city that's been a gone a month and now need a dead prince instead?

This does not make sense.

At this point, having heard the sound files for Anduin, Garrosh, Jaina, Lor'themar, Rommath, and Aethas, I am certain that Anduin dies. The part still in the air is whether or not he stays dead.

I'm thinking no. I don't think Blizzard spent all that time developing Anduin into an interesting character just to have Garrosh kill him to piss off Varian.

The Waters of Youth really seem like the most likely solution to Anduin's death right now, but we don't know what's going to happen after 5.1. I do think that Anduin will stay dead in 5.1.

The achievement referencing "two princes" heavily implies Anduin and Wrathion. I know Sabellian is still around, but it seems odd to just throw him into the Pandaria event for kicks. I would like to see Wrathion and Sabellian meet eventually though - could be very interesting.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Anduin coming back as a "super Anduin," but if it happens I won't be whining about it. Anduin is already noted as a better-than-average priest with a lot of potential. I don't think he needs additional power to be noteworthy.

I like the idea of Anduin returning as a slap-in-the-face to Garrosh during the final raid - similar to Hamuul. I also like the idea of Anduin making the killing blow.

Regarding Turalyon
I think Blizzard has learned at this point that we don't like heroes being neutral. They seem to be trying to correct the problem (see Jaina and now the Kirin Tor). I hope we see more of this.

I think there is a place for some netural organizations - like the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring - who's job is to keep the world in order, but I prefer that the member's loyalties lie first with their faction (Alliance or Horde). It would make the groups more interesting with more disagreements instead of being completely neutral like the Kirin Tor appeared in Tides of War - where the Six seem to just not care.
Edited by Aoshua on 10/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/12/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Whatsupeople

Wasn't Theramore supposed to do that?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/12/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Elenie
If Turalyon comes back, I hope Teron Gorefiend joins the Horde. I'm just saying that. It'll give Turalyon a reason to remain Alliance, especially if Gorefiend replaces Sylvanas or becomes her next Varimathras type figure, second-in-command. Considering Gorefiend would then be holding Lordaeron, I could see Turalyon taking the fight directly to the Forsaken too.

It seems I am in agreement with the sorceress over there, I would gladly accept Teron as my Dark Lord, he could easily be written as loyal to the Horde and to the undead if they pit a little effort into them. A good rivalry too with Turalyon, perhaps Sylvanas/Teron vs Turalyon/Alleria?

I also miss Varimathras. I don't know why, my first real Horde was a undead, and Varimathras was the first leader I saw (due to being so much bigger than Sylvanas) and I have good memories of doing SM quests for him. I was very sad to learn we would be fighting him, but at least it was the Horde who defeated him, than the Alliance.
Edited by Ximothy on 10/13/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Glorious.

i agree teron gorefiend was yet another lore character wasted in BC because HERP DERPA LOOT PINATAZ. Gorefiend went the way of vashj,kaelthas and illidan. Kael'thas............pool of youth, MAGISTERS TERRACE WAS MERELY A SETBACK oh noes......
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I believe everyone is forgetting that Thrall and Jaina are friends.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
10/13/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Deadmousey
I believe everyone is forgetting that Thrall and Jaina are friends.

What does this have to do with Turalyon and Teron?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think we'll discover that Turalyon has been involved with keeping the legion in check around the time the Army of the Light arc comes into play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
One of four things I see them doing with Turalyon and Alleria. Well actually three things but the first was split into two depending on how Horde will get to interact with them.

Option 1: They're exclusive friendly to the Alliance and hostile kill-on-sight vs Horde, which undoubtedly means we get to kill him. If that's the case I'll be happy to YouTube a raid killing them and then take screenshots of us standing on their corpses.

Option 2: Also friendly only to the Alliance but the Horde cannot interact with them at all. If they Horde clicks them wherever they are they just get red names and silence, like Valeera while she was next to Rhonin in Dalaran during Wrath. Best option for Alliance players, I would think, not so much fun for Horde.

Option 3: They become neutral and in charge of a faction against the Burning Legion, giving quests to both Horde and Alliance players. I don't really care if we get this option, but every time it's brought up as a possibility it always leads to more alliance rage.

Option 4: They suffer the same fate as Teron Gorefiend and Khargath Bladefist: They become corrupted by the Burning Legion's power and end up becoming raid bosses for phat loots.

Or a combination of one or two of these. Personally, I'm for Option 1 and Option 4 in sequence. Kill him once and LoL at the screenshots, kill him again and lol more but get epic loots in the process.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
body double? or decoy planted to purposely be killed while the real Anduin is in hiding so that dalaran could be brought into the alliance fold or to throw off horde suspicions? its called tactics people
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You sir, I will personally pay for your transfer to horde, you traitorous swine. Turalyon should've been the freaking king of the Humans by now and conquered Azeroth. For some reason, he's killing mountains of demons with his wife.

I am not saying I support the Horde or *want* something to happen to Turalyon. It's just after Blizzard has cleaned the Alliance out of almost every other non-race-leader hero, I don't want to see them do something insane to Turalyon, too. I'd as soon let him stay away and be spared Metzen's wrath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]