Rdruids

86 Pandaren Shaman
alright guys ive been playin a resto druid for a while now, since like wotlk. Is there someting im missing here, cause i constantly keep getting shredded by EVERYONE. Ive got almost a full set of pvp bg gear. Any and all helps to this rusty druid would be appreciated guys.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What exactly is the problem? With the ne MOP we mitigate to conserve mana along with running LB. What this means is that depending on how you are specced oyu may be missing an advantageous portion of the heal talent tree. I run my LB pretty much all the time and then I use my two damage mitigation spell or I CC groupings to help reduce damage through roots. Since you are in PVP the resil would effect your mana pool. Roll your hots and take advantage of your class spells particularly any that mitigate damage. I have been healing with the class through all expacs and the way the class heals has changed a lot. In some ways it reminds me of my heal priest where she casts shields to mitigate damage. JMO.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You also need to remember that a resto druid's strongest defense in PvP is running away.

And then running away more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You also need to remember that a resto druid's strongest defense in PvP is running away.

This. CC, CC, and more CC. Resto Druids have TONS of it in MoP. They are by far the hardest healer to catch and lock down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ive got 51% resil and 12% pvp power..but it feels like it doesnt even matter. When i try to run i just get b***h slapped and thrown to the ground and tore to shreds lol. It seems imo there is no reason for healers in bg's this expac. Maybe its time for me to finally roll a new class but idk at this point lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My main complaint right now is warriors..they are too damn strong and I cant fight them off. Any idea of how to do so?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You don't fight them off. You stun them, use Nature's Swiftness+Entangling Roots, Nature's Grasp, Displacer Beast, Wild Charge, Typhoon, Ursol's Vortex (yes, I know many of these options are mutually exclusive), Stampeding Roar, Disorienting Roar, Cat form+Dash, Nature's Swiftness+Cyclone, basically anything you have to get them as far away from you as possible, or get yourself as far away from them as possible. Druids are famous for their CC options.

Then keep running.

Of course, that all is when you are dealing with them on your own, but if you have people on your team who are even half-aware (rare in a random, as we all well know), they should be peeling those nasty warriors and pallies off of you.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

^^^^

I find I simply can't die on my druid as long as I know when to turn and run. Hendie (rank 1 resto druid) is streaming right now on twitch.tv, and you can usually find some rank 1 teams with resto healers streaming there. Might help to see them in action?

Be liberal with your pre-emptive cc, with nature's grasp, stuns and kiting. Once you have 4pc bonus it's kind of luls since you can have a 20% damage reduction up on yourself about half the time (assuming you use Ironbark on yourself and Barskin on cd I think it's actually more than half the time).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
so you guys recommend natures grasp? I know its an amazing move but i feel that renewal helps out a lot. I know the new talent trees are pretty much preference (or they tried to make it that way). Also which would be better in your guys opinions? I use wild charge for the travel form leap which i find very handy. Ive never used displacer beast so i'm not sure the viability of it. It sounds very nice but with dots and all would it break that stealth? I know it used to remove the dots but i don't think it does anymore
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/12/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Tequoia
so you guys recommend natures grasp? I know its an amazing move but i feel that renewal helps out a lot. I know the new talent trees are pretty much preference (or they tried to make it that way). Also which would be better in your guys opinions? I use wild charge for the travel form leap which i find very handy. Ive never used displacer beast so i'm not sure the viability of it. It sounds very nice but with dots and all would it break that stealth? I know it used to remove the dots but i don't think it does anymore
Swiftness is on a much shorter cooldown, can be used to heal other people, and used to CC. Displacer Beast is handier for the blink than the stealth but the stealth is pretty sweet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/12/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Tequoia
so you guys recommend natures grasp? I know its an amazing move but i feel that renewal helps out a lot.

You may be confusing Nature's Grasp (baseline spell) with Mass Entanglement or Nature's Swiftness. Nature's Grasp is an instant cast that roots the next player who hits you with a melee attack. You can cast that pre-emptively, you do not have to wait for the warrior to get in range.

As Trelane mentioned, Nature's Swiftness has a shorter CD than Renewal, and can be used to either heal yourself (NS+Healing Touch=lotsa health without a cast time), or to instantly CC some baddie coming over to have their way with you. You should also note that Nature's Swiftness causes the next cast to use no mana, so it can be used even when you are running on fumes, mana-wise.

I also am very fond of Typhoon, as it not only knocks people back, it interrupts casters and slows melee, so you have more time to, you got it, run away. If you are good with your placement, you can Typhoon people completely off of bridges, buildings, cliffs, etc. Be aware it has a little bit of a delay, so make sure the people you want off of you are in the right place at the right time.

And as Trelane mentioned (again), Displacer Beast is more for the blink than the stealth. DB into a Dash or Stampeding Roar is a very nice escape.

Please note, my resto talents are currently set up for PvE, so may not reflect the best choices for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I did have them mixed up sorry bout that. I remember Natures swiftness being a clutch move but then I just saw the insta 30% heal and went for it but i do see the versatility in NS. Thanks alot for your help guys ive applied some of this to my arena matches and idk if it was luck or what but i turned it around and won a few today lol. typhoon saved my life several times and ill have to play with DB cause im in love with wild charge right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]