Black Temple in Patch 5.1

90 Troll Rogue
If you haven't read, there's a scenerio involving returning to the Black Temple, looking for the Council of the Black Harvest, aiding Akama, and something to do with a gem called The Eye of the Storm.

Scenario Steps
Enter the Black Temple - Avoid the guards and enter the Sanctuary of Shadows.
Search for Evidence of the Council's Presence - Find proof that the Council of the Black Harvest came to the temple.
Follow Akama to the Shrine of Lost Souls
Uncover the Council's Plan - Investigate the Reliquary of Souls.
Defeat the Essence of Order - Claim the soul crystal left behind by the Council of the Black Harvest.
Survive the Demonic Invasion - Fight off the demons unleashed by the Reliquary and return to Akama in the Halls of Anguish.
Purge or Plunder - Choose to save Akama's men in the Halls of Anguish or plunder the Den of Mortal delights in the chaos.
Head to the Temple Summit - Take the Empowered Soulcore to the Temple Summit.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/92563-the-eye-of-the-storm

So what the freak is this about?
Edited by Nøodle on 10/12/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sounds interesting. Black Temple was my favorite TBC raid, and I would love to go there again in its "updated" condition.

Do you know if these Black Harvest guys are evil or antiheroes?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The Eye of the Storm is the first item in the game, outside of GM items, that has the red text of Artifact items. With Wrathion, supposedly, handing out Legendaries like candy, it is possible that this Eye of the Storm will be the beginning of adding the first Artifact to the game to take the role of the super-rare status Legendaries used to enjoy.
Edited by Abal on 10/12/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Antiheroes, the Black Harvest is the horde/alliance ruling body of Warlocks by all indications, they've been present for a lot of the stuff from Illidan on up. However they aren't conventional heroes by any means, they want power and just happen to save Azeroth in the process...though their effects haven't been wholly positive.

*looks at Jaina, then Silvermoon and Darnassus*

They are also where the Warlocks new powers this expansion came from, they have six members total with 3 from the horde and 3 from the alliance.

Shinfel - Blood elf Affliction lock, present for the slaying of Cho'gall.
Jubeka - Forsaken Demonologist, nothing known of her deeds yet. Appears in this Scenario with Kanthede.
Ritssyin - Orc Destruction lock and enchanter, present for the vanquishing of Ragnaros.

Kanthede - Human Demonologist, stole the powers from Illidan and taught it to other warlocks.
Zinnin- Worgen Destruction lock, helped slay Deathwing, trauma rendered him mute.
Zelfrax - Pockmarked Gnome affliction lock, like Jubeka his background is a mystery.
Reply Quote
Nice, some warlock love after The Burning Crusade. Now I have more reason to play on my goblin destro lock.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The first thread on page 2.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794833408

A multiple page thread on this issue. Seems to possibly be about getting green fire for warlocks, possibly also tied into Illidan backing up his soul through the Reliquary as a means to circumvent his death.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Freaking stupid. We ran this every week... apparently that's no longer an option. Thanks a lot Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Dsbg
Freaking stupid. We ran this every week... apparently that's no longer an option. Thanks a lot Blizzard.

Considering 5.1 is coming with a nerf on Naj'entus, I think it's safe to assume BT won't be removed.
Also... Reliquary of Souls? *Projectile vomits*
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
So alliance confirmed for slaying illidan and deathwing?
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Troxexvg
So alliance confirmed for slaying illidan and deathwing?

Nope.

It just means that they were there helping the Akama and Maiev kill Illidan and the Aspects and Thrall kill Deathwing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It seems the Eye of the Storm is the Ata'mal Crystal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kosak said it's been moved to 5.2 on Twitter.

11/27/2012 07:18 PMPosted by Vythrin

One of the shards of it, yeah.
Edited by Reignac on 11/27/2012 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Kosak said it's been moved to 5.2 on Twitter.

One of the shards of it, yeah.

Oh wow, that's a storyline I did not expect Blizz to revisit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/27/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Pikah
Also... Reliquary of Souls? *Projectile vomits*

Funny story!

So a Shaman guildy and me both want stuff from Illidan. She wanted the shield, I wanted the blindfold (on my Monk). We go to Black Temple today with a Hunter guildy along for the ride... and she (the Shaman) is friendly to every boss in the entire dungeon!

Every single one. She can't attack them, they can't attack her. She had a buff called "Trusted by the Ashtongue" or "Friend of the Ashtongue" or something. Well she was a healer so that's good news at least, doesn't need to worry about pulling aggro. But I digress.

So we have no real issues until the Reliquary. But oh my god the Reliquary. Since our healer had the inexplicable friendly buff she couldn't interrupt or purge. So there we are spending what felt like 10 minutes having a Monk, a Hunter, and a wolf wander around with the confusion debuff while our Shaman guildy keeps our health up. We both only had like a one second window to hit the Reliquary before she got us again since no one could purge her shield so there was just a constant stream of confusion.

It was hilarious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]