Intra-Realm Farming (Stealings).

90 Draenei Shaman
Dear Blizzard:

I understand the wonderful things that come along with being able to group with your friends from other realms: Raiding with them, doing dungeons with them, finishing up dailies with them. Thats great, I love it.

However, with this great achievement, comes a great downfall as well. Many members across realms are using this ability to physically be in another realm that is not their own, to exploit the ability to farm world-wide rares. While this may not seem like a huge problem to some people, to those of us who have spent ages and ages farming Rare Spawns that produce a rare mount, such as the Time Lost Proto Drake, or Aeonaxx, this creates a HUGE problem. The problem is that as you farm these rare spawns with those on your realm, the number of people on your realm who are farming with you AND don't have the mount decreases as those few people on your server catch the spawn. However, with the ability for anyone from any realm to be able to be in your realm (or ANY realm) THIS creates the problem of endless amounts of people farming the same thing you are.

Spots in the Storm Peaks where people from other realms are farming my realm's rare spawns:

1. http://i48.tinypic.com/5pq553.png
2. http://i50.tinypic.com/vy6te9.png

And that's just today, in one single area in the zone (frozen lake).

I do not know if this is a "bug" per-say, but it is definitely something that is broken and needs to be fixed.
Edited by Qtvee on 10/12/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://i50.tinypic.com/2q03hgw.png

Another, as I'm sitting here.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://i48.tinypic.com/2lwocc8.png

And another.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
4 different realms. 5 minutes. If this isn't broke, =\... Please look into making rare spawns appear to realm-only characters.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://i48.tinypic.com/2e501mr.png

I spoke too soon.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Vex
I am also having this issue. Trying to farm a spirit beast for my hunter's BM spec and everywhere I go there are people from all sorts of realms camping each of the spawn points. I like a lot of things about the cross realm stuff, but having to compete for rares should be something that is "My Realm" only.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There's also the issues of Achievements for killing unique spawns in every zone in Azeroth. This issue applies to many things, not just mounts. It's something that Blizzards really needs to take into reconsideration. I love CRZ for questing, but this is... not how realms are supposed to work, I believe.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Vex
Agreed. I'm very glad I already had the Frost Bitten and Bloody Rare achievements before the CRZ stuff started up because now it's more pain than it is damn near impossible. I simply do not have the time or resources to dedicate to compete against nearly every server for 9 mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Unfortunately, rares are shared in CRZ zones, which is pretty much all of non-Pandaria. But aye, rare should appear phased realm to realm. with CRZ, hunting a rare went from rare to pretty much not happening.

People, even hunters themselves, griefing and killing rares in the middle of being tamed. All out of spite. Unique transmog gear that only drops from rare spawns, going from rarely appearing on the market, to never appearing on the market
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Unfortunately, rares are shared in CRZ zones, which is pretty much all of non-Pandaria. But aye, rare should appear phased realm to realm. with CRZ, hunting a rare went from rare to pretty much not happening.

People, even hunters themselves, griefing and killing rares in the middle of being tamed. All out of spite. Unique transmog gear that only drops from rare spawns, going from rarely appearing on the market, to never appearing on the market

Agreed. It's a issue within CRZs, not an issue with CRZs themselves. Rares should just be phased. I think it's a simple fix, but I'm a Political Science major, not a computer major, hah.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Still would like answers.
Reply Quote
They have posted on twitter/watercoolers/interviews that they don't like how it currently works, but it isn't technically bugged.

Also, know that you are almost assuredly on another realm, not your own. There is no "stealing" since the mobs don't belong to anyone until they are tagged. All it does is add more competition, similar to what it was during that content's cycle.

It isn't as easy to fix as you may think, since they can't currently "phase" NPCs to certain realms.

They did post that they are aware of the concerns however, and they're working on a solution.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2cqh3di.png

This has lead me to believe I am on my own realm.

However, it is nice to know that they're working on it. That makes me happy.
Edited by Qtvee on 10/13/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That buff will apply as long as you are logged into your home realm. In other words, it doesn't apply to characters specifically on other realms.

Agreed. It's a issue within CRZs, not an issue with CRZs themselves. Rares should just be phased. I think it's a simple fix, but I'm a Political Science major, not a computer major, hah.

I already said I wasn't a computer science nerd btw ^^.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So yes, I'm on my own realm then.
Reply Quote
In this case, it means all of your characters you created on Icecrown, regardless of if the character is actually on another realm due to CRZ or Instances.

The buff will not apply to your characters on Deadmaul.

One quick test is to see if your realm time is actually in the same timezone as it is in Orgrimmar/Stormwind. Hovering over the clock should display this.

The most definitive is to fly over an area on a flight point (such as Felwood) and look for spawns that are normally completely eliminated (such as the battle pet Minfernal). On a flight path you are always on your home realm, and when you land you are CRZ'd. If upon landing and manually visiting the same location, if the spawns aren't there then you are not on your home realm.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]