Still having fun?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Nah this isn't really some "ooo I'm unhappy about something I shall post it here" thing.

Curious Rose is curious again though. How are you guys enjoying the game now that it's been awhile since launch? I'm wondering what some peoples thoughts are now that it's been some time. I don't really have some big agenda. I'm not really looking for some excuse to talk about threats to sub numbers. Or some business mumbo jumbo.

Just something I thought to ask after I came home from a week long vacation in florida. I missed my WoW so much after being stuck in that humidity. ( Sorry Floridians your state sucks just on a weather stand point ) Stupid airport germs got to me too. Thought this would be something fun while I'm dealing with the sniffles.

I'm all for hearing complaints if you have some. Let's try to keep it a tiny bit civil though okay? I'm not trying to say "oh lets just have happy thoughts" it's just the non rage posts are easier to read.

Oh. I might as well ask some people while I'm here. Raiding any fun? I've sort of turned into just a LFR raider ( Been kind of burnt on raiding since ICC ) but I like hearing about raiding still. It's like catching up on a tv show for me. I keep hearing about some guard dogs that are giving people trouble. I like hearing stuff like that.

Just started the Serpent Riders quests. I'll admit I went aww at my little red and green dragon. Even though I've seen that model already in game. The cutscene just reminded me of when your eggs would hatch in Pokemon. So it made it cuter. Dragged my feet into finishing Dread Wastes. I loved Vashjir. But I REALLY hope Blizzard doesn't do anymore underwater quests for awhile. Stupid rip tides. Also not going to get into spoilers too much. But I really enjoy the Mantid Empress. I like her design and voice. I was expecting a more humanoid face for her in my head. I didn't see her in the beta so I was using my imagination when she was mentioned in game. Wish we could've seen more of her just by questing. Nope.

So far I'm just doing dailies and a scenario or two a day. So the game is still fun. How about you guys? What have you been up to?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
I'm a questie goblin still.
I'm at townlong steppes.

I just gotta do that, dread, and the vale!

After that I am gonna do the dailys and dungeons more. :)
I've been doin my farm and keepin the vermin out!
Edited by Baddies on 10/13/2012 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Welcome back. I am busy with rl issues so I just hit 90 on my main a couple of days ago. The pet battles are addicting. Addiction inside an addiction :P

Still, having a blast!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Welcome back. I am busy with rl issues so I just hit 90 on my main a couple of days ago. The pet battles are addicting. Addiction inside an addiction :P

Still, having a blast!

Oh god pet battles. I had to pull myself away from those just so I could level this toon around 2 weeks ago. All the pets I want are in Pandaria and they're too high level : /

Raccoons and hedgehogs. CMON!

I still would have preferred an expansion that was central to the story (such as Queen Azshara, or Argus). In which case I would be having MORE fun. But the current game is adequate. We're on the 5th boss in MV and I'm working on Shado-Pan & August Celestials rep now.

At least the lore here in MoP is nicer after Cataclysms story.....then again I think anything is better then Cataclysm at this point. I'm a cry baby some of the quests got my eyes to water a little in this expansion. I like stuff like that. Although even if I'm only a Wrath Baby I still like hearing and reading the older lore of the game. I mean I can read all I want about BC's lore but it wouldn't be the same because I didn't play through it. If that makes sense. Kind of why I don't see why Illidan is so special. Even after all the stories and wikis I read on the games.

10/13/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Baddies
I just gotta do that, dread, and the vale!

Heh. I was geeking out when I first got to the Vale. Just. "OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS PRETTY!" I felt like Jack Skellington singing "Whats this?"
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
10/13/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Rosenivy
Heh. I was geeking out when I first got to the Vale. Just. "OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS PRETTY!" I felt like Jack Skellington singing "Whats this?"

/giggle

I didn't get quests done very fast because I am busy chattin and flyin around lookin at stuff.
I think in the past 3 days I have done under 50 quests.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Your insult to the state that I live in has me outraged and I will be reporting this to my parents.

On another note, the expansion gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside because the continent is mesmerizing. I will be rolling a warrior soon and will have many new adventures in pet battling.

So yes, I'm still having fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
/giggle

I didn't get quests done very fast because I am busy chattin and flyin around lookin at stuff.

I got to ninety a couple days ago. I wasn't done with Dread Wastes though so I didn't finish that til earlier tonight. The questing, scenarios and dailies were a tad distracting though so that's another reason I kind of had to force myself to finish that zone. It's a nice zone but I was having more fun doing dailies. Like the fishing and cooking ones. I'm CARING for fishing and cooking for once o_o So yeah. Distracted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Girlsgonewow
Your insult to the state that I live in has me outraged and I will be reporting this to my parents.

I got pelted by that freak storm you guys had last week around thursday. *I'm mad bro* I'm from the desert that much water was brutal @_@
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
/giggle

I got to ninety a couple days ago. I wasn't done with Dread Wastes though so I didn't finish that til earlier tonight. The questing, scenarios and dailies were a tad distracting though so that's another reason I kind of had to force myself to finish that zone. It's a nice zone but I was having more fun doing dailies. Like the fishing and cooking ones. I'm CARING for fishing and cooking for once o_o So yeah. Distracted.

Only thing I make sure I do is visit my farm once a day.
I gotta keep those lil weasels outta my farm!
They found my farm on the 2nd day. How did they find my stuf so fast?
Edited by Baddies on 10/13/2012 1:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Rose, I missed you while I was away!

So far I'm having fun, granted though I haven't really done much. I've been pulling this guy and my mage through the panda starting quests and a couple dungeons. I really like the hozen, and the whole quest line with Riko.

"What the ooks wrong with your face, you're jeekin' dead!"

Still has me laughing.

Got into some world PVP today and that was fun, and before anyone says something yes it was legit world pvp. A level 85 paladin tried to start something with my mage, and I put him down. It felt good, and it was fun.

Besides that just been leveling my alts like before. I'd like to get either this hunter or my mage to 90 though and check out all the new heroics and LFR and such (I've never been a real raider, so LFR was quite a gift to me) but with all my alt hopping it will probably take awhile, but that's okay cause I'm having fun. :B
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Rose, I missed you while I was away!

So far I'm having fun, granted though I haven't really done much. I've been pulling this guy and my mage through the panda starting quests and a couple dungeons. I really like the hozen, and the whole quest line with Riko.

"What the ooks wrong with your face, you're jeekin' dead!"

Still has me laughing.

Got into some world PVP today and that was fun, and before anyone says something yes it was legit world pvp. A level 85 paladin tried to start something with my mage, and I put him down. It felt good, and it was fun.

Besides that just been leveling my alts like before. I'd like to get either this hunter or my mage to 90 though and check out all the new heroics and LFR and such (I've never been a real raider, so LFR was quite a gift to me) but with all my alt hopping it will probably take awhile, but that's okay cause I'm having fun. :B

I missed you Z.

You're my only friend in the whole world.
And I was thinking about you.

All the time.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
I'm having fun posting on the forums :/

Don't have time to log in WoW anymore
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Zakjuul

I haven't been to the Hozen zone since I left Jade Forest questline wise. Wonder if Riko is okay I liked him.

I love my alts but I decided to just work on this toon and maybe my Monk alt. All my alts are on another much more dead server. Sure CRZ exists but eh. I just figured it'd be better to focus more on just my Lock here. My Pandaren monk is if I'm bored. I wish I had the right item level for LFR now though. I want the LFR version of the Lock raiding tier. It looks more Sha like, I would love to wear that and show it here on the forums. But I have this odd worry people wouldn't recognize me since I'm not sure everybody reads the name of the toon that posts. It's a odd worry indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I missed you Z.

You're my only friend in the whole world.
And I was thinking about you.

All the time.

GGW <3

I haven't been to the Hozen zone since I left Jade Forest questline wise. Wonder if Riko is okay I liked him.

I love my alts but I decided to just work on this toon and maybe my Monk alt. All my alts are on another much more dead server. Sure CRZ exists but eh. I just figured it'd be better to focus more on just my Lock here. My Pandaren monk is if I'm bored. I wish I had the right item level for LFR now though. I want the LFR version of the Lock raiding tier. It looks more Sha like, I would love to wear that and show it here on the forums. But I have this odd worry people wouldn't recognize me since I'm not sure everybody reads the name of the toon that posts. It's a odd worry indeed.

Like I said Riko made me laugh, buuut I am a bit jealous that Kyrin finds him cute..

CRZ is something that stopped me from re-subbing when I first heard about it, like a creeper I still browsed the forums even though I couldn't post. Honestly I haven't seen much of it on Dragonmaw, just a little bit here and there, but nothing like crazy crowding at all.

I'm not a big fan of the hunter set so I'll probably transmog back to this gear I have here. I like the smaller simple kind of stuff instead of the "omg look at me, my helmets bigger than a house, and my shoulders could fit northrend on them" look.

Maybe I'll go try and ding 86 right now, give my baby DK a rest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2012 01:53 AMPosted by Zakjuul
I'm not a big fan of the hunter set so I'll probably transmog back to this gear I have here. I like the smaller simple kind of stuff instead of the "omg look at me, my helmets bigger than a house, and my shoulders could fit northrend on them" look.

Hehe. Meanwhile I'm just used to the typical Warlock reaction of "Oooo dat tier is flashy I want it" with the exceptions of the Fireland spider tier. ( HATE ) or that Naxxramas tier that makes me look like one of those little hooded guys from Star Wars. I can't remember their name. Those little guys who carried R2 D2 away after shooting him in A New Hope.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
It's good to be doing new raids again. I'm in a 25 man guild and it took a bit for members to level so we're just starting. Lots of fun. Other than that I have nothing good to say about the expansion.

PvP is the worst it's ever been, and I'm not exaggerating. The daily rep grind is overkill. CRZ is destroying an already fractured community. And so on and so forth.

There was some fun going through the quests, exploring, seeing new things and so on. The only fun I have now is when my guild raids. PvP isn't fun. Grinding rep isn't fun. Dailies aren't fun. Pulling weeds and killing things on my farm day after day after day isn't fun. I go outside SW and Goldshire and all I see are strangers.

Cata was worse, but few things aren't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Bodicca
PvP is the worst it's ever been, and I'm not exaggerating. The daily rep grind is overkill. CRZ is destroying an already fractured community. And so on and so forth.

PvP never seems good if you go by the players usual response. They never sound happy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I'm still having fun, in fact leveling up my 3rd lv 90 and two monks. Just got exalted with the tillers on my hunter, and growing crops to make lots of food. I need to work on my pet battles. All of the new challengers are 5 levels above my guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
10/13/2012 02:04 AMPosted by Keibrina
I'm still having fun, in fact leveling up my 3rd lv 90 and two monks. Just got exalted with the tillers on my hunter, and growing crops to make lots of food. I need to work on my pet battles. All of the new challengers are 5 levels above my guys.

It's funny to see all the people trying to find those piles of dirt in The Heartland. So they can find gifts for the Tillers.

Was surprised how easy it was to get that flying disk mount though. No wonder they're so popular.

And yes I wish to incinerate all the people who just pile up on Tiller npcs on their mounts. Made so many macros already.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]