Druid: Heart of the Wild Changes

Community Manager
While we aren’t always able to provide advance warning when an ability changes, there’s still some time before this change goes into effect, and we wanted to offer affected players a chance to plan their strategies appropriately in the meantime.

The following changes are currently planned for retuning the Druid talent, Heart of the Wild:

• The spell damage bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Feral and Guardian Druids will soon be reduced from +500% to +320%.
  • The agility bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Balance, Restoration, and Guardian Druids in Cat Form will soon be changed to +110%. It was previously +50% for Guardian Druids, and +200% for Balance and Restoration Druids.

Currently, the change is expected to go into effect during next Tuesday’s maintenance.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
broken bm/warrior dmg? nerf druids.. at least lower the cd
Edited by Plasmatv on 10/11/2012 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/11/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Plasmatv
broken bm/warrior dmg? nerf druids

BM damage was the result of a bug with Stampede and GC even stated they were looking to reduce burst further. Rabid got nerfed today as well for example.

If you want to derail threads with offtopic whining, at least keep up with blue posts and existing changes.
Edited by Necessities on 10/11/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Plasmatv
broken bm/warrior dmg? nerf druids.. at least lower the cd

To be fair, there is something wrong when you can go Resto and pick up this talent and do more damage than Feral.

Everyone knew this was broken.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/11/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Daxxarri
The agility bonus that Heart of the Wild provides to Balance, Restoration, and Guardian Druids in Cat Form will soon be changed to +110%. It was previously +50% for Guardian Druids, and +200% for Balance and Restoration Druids.

Not my 175k Bites!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm kinda disappointed in the feral version nerf.

I mean, yea it's a pretty beastly dps cd (maybe not intended), but that's only when you can plant your feet and do turret dps for 45 seconds. I don't see anything wrong with that sort of ability being rather strong.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I'm kinda disappointed in the feral version nerf.

I mean, yea it's a pretty beastly dps cd (maybe not intended), but that's only when you can plant your feet and do turret dps for 45 seconds. I don't see anything wrong with that sort of ability being rather strong.

Ya Im kinda bummed that Resto Druids cant roll hots and then put out more DPS than DPS classes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So... any plans to post this in the druid forums, or is it true no one from Blizzard goes there?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Any plans to buff overall raid dps for ferals to make up for this nerf? Because even with its current supposedly overpowered version we are barely competitive there.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/dps/

If you are concerned about the burst in 5mans(lol 5mans) then you seriously need to cut the CD in half along with duration and leave the power intact. You guys can do better than that, don't just nerf this spell into a useless junk, for something of SIX minutes CD it must be the trump card if anything.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
There goes my raid spot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I don't think that many of you understood the point of this talent. It was originally meant to allow you to perform competently in an off role. Not be omgwtfamazing at other roles during this time. It should not make you do more damage in feral spec by spamming wrath, and likewise for moonkins going cat. The passive stats part of this talent were supposed to be the dps increase of this talent, on par with NV or DoC, not the active part. That was meant to be all utility. This is just fixing what was clearly needing nerfing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
From a feral point of view I can see the reason for the nerf, it was a little ridiculous at points, however I can't help but feel that the nerf comes from a more pvp standpoint considering bursting down players in 3-4 wraths at times can be a bit OP. For PvE it required a large sacrifice in mobility to pump out the impressive dps this talent can provide and I felt that was a sufficient sacrifice to make.

500% > 320% brings wrath from 150k > 105k approximately for me personally, 105k on a 2 second cast (assuming there are no other buffs) is barely more than 50k dps, which almost doesn't seem worth sacrificing the mobility to obtain. While I agree the nerf is necessary I think 180% is a bit much, I think 500% > 400% would be far more appropriate.

Bottom line is a 6 minute cooldown for a slight dps increase that requires you to stand still and turret (again from a feral point of view) seems hardly worth it. If you insist on this nerf and keeping the current cooldown perhaps buffing the passive element of the talent could keep as a potential choice, perhaps 9/10% agi/int/stam rather than 6% would somewhat make up for the nerf and take away from the OP burst it provides.
Reply Quote
Thanks for making the only thing that was cool about being a Resto Druid at PvP Suck.

Now we lack a burst to help on DPS too. Thanks for that blizzard.

Im not one that really complains alot, but this is the worst change i ever seen in my life.
You nerfed our shrooms, nerfed our heals at pvp, and now you nerf the only way we can do anything useful in a 2v2.

The fun thing about playing a druid at raids is that i could pop HoTW and do dps comparable to our DPS's for some seconds. Isnt what it was inteended to do?!
Now i use a CD to be a weak useless DPS for 45 sec?!?!?!?
Its not useful to stop healing, change your role, if you will not act as good as another characters from that role are acting.

Its Nerfs... Nerfs... and Nerfs...
Nerfed Symbiosis, now USELESS unless you have a Shadow Priest on your raid, then its mandatory to use on him. When Blizzard notice that they will nerf it too.

Can you instead of nerfing things that are WORKING, start correcting know bugs like the change of Inks, or the Guild skills bugs, or the Sha of Anger that disappers for days... etc.. ?!

You nerf our gear, and remember well that for resto druids the PvP set is still comparable to our Heroic Dungeon set, because of the REALLY bad stats allocation on the PvE set, and then nerf our new Skill Symbiosis, after having nerfed mushrooms to the level of being completly useless, and are now nerfing the only other thing that lasted, and that made me feel different and have any fun playing my druid.

Now EVERY druid must change theyr Talent for another boring useless Healing CD, because this talent now suck again. Good job.

I was having fun with it until now.
It was an interesting thing, being a healer, and sometimes being able to pvp someone that jumps on you solo, or while doing dailies, or something, it gave you an option, it had a huge CD, and you were far from a "killing machine" with it, but atlast it gave you the feel that "you can kill somebody if they mess with you" that always lacks on healing classes dont matter how overgeared for pvp you were. And this is nerfed to nothing.
Its not a 10% nerf... or a 15% nerf... its a HUGE nerf, on top of a -15% healing one...

Thanks for making it completly unfun to pvp as healer AGAIN.
Now, i will go farm my cat gear, because blizzard want us healers to just run away like little girls, having our asses handed to us, and the dps's having all the fun.
(Its fun playing as a healer, when you can survive bursts, pop CD's and help killing, or CC the enemies, and its unfun when you get 2-3 crit shotted even when you pop defensive CD's, or when you have every single CC spell made useless because they can counter all your casts, or seem your friend die from 100% to 0% because the enemy have so many CC's that even with trinket and defensive CD's you can do nothing for like 20sec or more...)

And this comes from someone that plays as healer since TBC, and played healer classes in all MMO's i played as my mains... and this time, its really not fun.

Wish blizzard was more sincere with theyr design, and changed all this back on BETA! I would never choose my druid as my main if they did so, i would level my paladin and gear him, now im stuck with my druid, because it would take SO MUCH effort to level and gear a pally with all this INSANE daily griding, and SHA PvP Farming, and etc... that it would be impossible to have competitive gear in time for our Raids...

( Oh just something i just remembered... they nerf this and let HUNTERS without any nerf... blah its pathetic...)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What a very disappointing nerf for Balance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Are there going to be any changes made to Balance Druid's to compensate for this nerf? In PvE we are already at the bottom of sims, this nerf will just sink us further.

I do agree the HoTW nerf is necessary. But there must be a way to compensate for the loss of DPS which just brought us on par with most classes, I think the way to do this without affecting other forms of Druid playstyle is to buff the weakest point in our sustained DPS rotation - Solar Eclipse single target damage. I have calculated Wrath to be the real loss of damage in our rotation, to bump its damage and scaling by 1-3% would give us the small compensation we need, smooth out our sustained dps and bring us more in line with other classess.
Edited by Winclone on 10/12/2012 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
How about some compensation, eh Daxx, ol'buddy, ol'pal?

Take your pick:
Not needing another person present to use our level 87 ability.
Fixing starfall.
Moonkin getting some interesting (AND USEFUL) glyphs.
Across the board damage boosts for feral and balance.
...ohh I'm sure my tree, kitty and bear friends could continue adding to the list.

You know what, heck, I'd even take an official written statement admitting Symbiosis was a mistake and you wish you could take it back (or at least gut it and overhaul it).

edit: Or maybe a free one of these for every druid?
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/91904-stackable-stag

I'm just brainstorming here.
Edited by Eluial on 10/12/2012 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/11/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Jepsen
however I can't help but feel that the nerf comes from a more pvp standpoint considering bursting down players in 3-4 wraths at times can be a bit OP.

Actually, I suspect it had something to do with Paragon's 40% druid-stacked world first WOTE.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So nothing to compensate whatsoever for the huge nerf? i understand the burst and numbers per hit were out of control and i do not disagree with tweaking that but why not bake some of the lost dps elsewhere instead od kill specs just like in cata.

Feral got destroyed in cata because of PvP and we were lower part of the pack the entire xpac because of it. Now were almost at the top and have some fun abilities and you wreck this talent. please consider compensation to help alleviate what we lose. shortening the CD wont actually help because if damage drops that much staying cat will be more dps than casting. I think the best suggestions are add a higher bonus to core stats or just reduce the over nerf % somewhat..losting nearly 33% of the damage is I think a bit to harsh.

I also question why not test this on PTR and adjust it rather than hotfix nerf something like this..i would think Cata and what happened to ferals would really at least make you guys think about the effects these type of large nerfs can create..including losing raid slots and dropping to a status of we are just one of the last classes taken. While i cannot say this severity of this nerf directly as it takes time and analyzing to fully get the end effect..is that not even more reason to test it on PTR?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]