Druid: Heart of the Wild Changes

(Locked)

100 Tauren Druid
10/13/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Kallìk
What's up with this complaint of people clicking off the buff? When did this become an issue? That's like people clicking off Fort or Int. If they'd actually click off the buff, then the player isn't worth putting it on.

Yes well.. if they click the buff off then we get no use out of it. Unfortunately it might happen to be a class that gives us something marginally useful.. with the rest being totally worthless.

It is a 6 second cast.. so once someone clicks the buff off, we lose the benefit of it as well and there's a snowballs chance in hell we'll get to cast it again for the duration of whatever we are doing.
90 Troll Druid
Can the Warriors/Hunters at least join us on the nerf train?
90 Worgen Druid
10/13/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Kallìk
I would say you could have just gotten a nerfed version of a lock portal, but then I remembered you could just throw symbiosis on a warlock and get it anyways.

What?
90 Troll Druid
This is a good change imo.

Finally when I want to HOTW dps as guardian druid it will be more effective to swap to cat form to do so than to just boring wrathspam. That just felt wrong. Hopefully the cat AGI scaling buff will make up for the wrath damage scaling nerf and I'll break even on damage, but in a more interesting rotation.

Furthermore, I'm glad they didn't nerf my resto's ability to HOTW Hurricane, because that was fun.

It also eliminates the possibility that Feral's ideal rotation will involve popping HOTW on cooldown and weaving in Wraths when their energy drops low, which was something that was being considered at the old numbers

Call it a nerf all you like folks, but I think this is a positive change for druids in general.
44 Goblin Warrior
Agreed that I saw high damage from this, but the CD is very long. If you're going to nerf the damage then please lower the CD.

Being able to use Heart of the Wild as a Resto Druid is the single best gameplay experience I've ever had. Not because it hits hard, but because it allows me a variation of playstyles within the same battle/fight.
100 Night Elf Druid
So does this basically mean that blizzard has decided that DoC is the only raidable talent for cats now? Wraith being top might look weird, but it is true to the druid class, and if you took Heart of the Wild you were probably comfortable with the whole idea of shape shifting in the first place.
Edited by Fergal on 10/14/2012 10:05 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Last I checked, DoC was only a few percents above NV in a perfect world. If you line up all your cooldowns, NV comes out good and even excellent. Especially if there is a burn phase where the boss takes more damage.
90 Worgen Druid
I think a better fix would have been to nerf the damage, lower the buff time, and lower the cooldown. That way you could balance HotW for ferals around being able to put new bleeds up, then going to wrath spam for 10-15 seconds or so, then back to dpsing the boss and re-applying your bleeds as necessary. This way you don't end up with wrath being the top dps spell when it only hits hard enough to slightly outdps shred/melee hits while rip/rake are still your top hitters.

This would obviously affect other specs and I don't know what to do for them, but I think it would be a good fix for feral.
Edited by Dysheki on 10/15/2012 6:36 AM PDT
100 Troll Druid
** I never comment on these class-change forums, but I felt compelled after being sucked into the first few pages. I've been playing WoW since Vanilla, so in terms of raiding, intent, end-game, I get it. I've been on the Druid exclusively since WotLK. **

I didn't play Feral with HotW because it felt broken right out of the gate. I didn't want to get comfortable with the in's and out's of the rotation knowing the ban-hammer was inevitable. It happened to me with my Monk in D3 (boon spam!) so I learned a lesson I suppose.

I wanted to be the voice that represents an appreciation of the difficulty/payoff found with the DoC rotation. DoC is incredibly rewarding in terms of output when you are managing your bonus damage/procs correctly. The free HT procs further empower your raid value by providing huge heals during a time of need. The choice is up to you to spend that on upping your next round of bleeds or helping out a teammate in trouble. The choices are great, and equally impactful depending on the situation. I haven't had this much fun with our rotation in a long time.

I just wanted to throw a post out there for the devs, as I hear they are required to read these or whatever. Usually, when a change goes through, the masses who are upset flood the forums and the outcry appears that "OMG everything is wrecked!". I'll be the one voice speaking for thousands of others who are so happy with DoC (and the nerf to HotW) that we are busy playing the game and not reading forums. ;)
100 Tauren Druid
10/15/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Hanimal
I wanted to be the voice that represents an appreciation of the difficulty/payoff found with the DoC rotation. DoC is incredibly rewarding in terms of output when you are managing your bonus damage/procs correctly

Incredibly rewarding? It's not that much of an increase beyond NV usage... it's miles more complex for very little additional payoff. Especially when considering boss mechanics and dry spells of crit.

DoC doesn't propel you to the front of the dps chart and whilst you may like additional complexity, having only 2 seconds leeway to get off a DoC buffed rip is beyond stupid.

The free HT procs further empower your raid value by providing huge heals during a time of need.

Yes because you can time PS to high damage, be serious a moment... your HT from PS is worthless in the grand scheme of things. You can't be that precise when it comes to your HT usage and DoC means jack all in relation to it. Your HT will likely be 99% overheal given you cannot use the healing when and where you need it. Because you're too busy trying to dodge mechanics whilst trying to maintain the highest rake and rip uptime buffed with DoC.

A HOTW buffed tranq is far more useful.

I'll be the one voice speaking for thousands of others who are so happy with DoC (and the nerf to HotW) that we are busy playing the game and not reading forums. ;)

Thousands? Doubtful... most people will either keep using HoTW for the static stat boost or NV as they can macro that into berserk and/or incarnation and be done with it.
100 Troll Druid
10/15/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Waraila
It's not that much of an increase beyond NV usage... it's miles more complex for very little additional payoff.

Not all rewards must equal "moar damagez". Unloading DoC buffed bleeds feels good, it's fun. The dps payoff may not be significant, but it an improvement to be sure, and its rewarding because its challenging. I want to feel engaged in my rotation, that I am rewarded for paying attention and making the right decisions.

10/15/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Waraila
DoC doesn't propel you to the front of the dps chart and whilst you may like additional complexity, having only 2 seconds leeway to get off a DoC buffed rip is beyond stupid.

There are mods to help with this stuff. The game nearly plays itself if you take the time to set it up properly.

HT from PS is worthless in the grand scheme of things. You can't be that precise when it comes to your HT usage and DoC means jack all in relation to it. Your HT will likely be 99% overheal given you cannot use the healing when and where you need it. Because you're too busy trying to dodge mechanics whilst trying to maintain the highest rake and rip up-time buffed with DoC.

Your assessment is purely speculative. Dodging mechanics while keeping up your bleeds should not be that hard, but I won't go there. HT usage is what you make of it. If nobody needs healing then cast it on yourself for buffed bleeds. The value of options comes into play during a heavy incoming damage cycle, giving you the power to choose: spend your heal on someone with low health or buff some bleeds while keeping yourself topped off. Will it save the day when heals are lacking? Absolutely not -- but when raid health is low, your healers will appreciate it.

The choice given to use it defensively or offensively is more "fun" than simply having another +damage button.
90 Goblin Shaman
I can't one-shot people as Resto or do an 800k nuke a Feral?! WHAT IS THIS?!?! Omg nerfing Druids soooo hard and stuff!111111
Edited by Validas on 10/17/2012 6:25 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
Really saw this coming, it is overpowered in pvp and Resto druids pulling 70-80k dps in 5mans/raids for 45 seconds is also overpowered, sad to see it coming though I was really enjoying this spell ..

Looks like only guardian druids are going to take this now and only for the stam boost
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]