Ingame Email Notifications

(Locked)

47 Blood Elf Rogue
yes i just got an in game mail saying "your registered email account received an email in violation to our eula"

Well it's a work email and unrelated to wow. And how are they scanning my private email account? Isn't that illegal?

UPDATE:

Screenshot. Confirmed it's Blizzard Development Team and Customer Service.
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/docd1o1/?action=view&current=2-2.jpg

This is highly illegal as my email account is corporate protected. And I did not get a real email about it but if I do, I will post screenshot. I'm just confused, can scammers fake a Customer Support icon and spaced name?
Edited by Orlyia on 10/13/2012 10:48 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
Scam alert much?
90 Goblin Warrior
Impersonator, just delete it.
yes i just got an in game mail saying "your registered email account received an email in violation to our eula"

Well it's a work email and unrelated to wow. And how are they scanning my private email account? Isn't that illegal?
It's a phishing email. Check the headers. You can forward it to hacks@blizzard.com.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This story sounds strange...

You sure the in game mail you got was from Blizzard and not a hacker?
90 Night Elf Warrior
You were just sent a scam email. Did you click any links in it?
47 Blood Elf Rogue
But it was in game mail about my account. i'll check after this dungeon. god i hate when this happens! i had my account compromised once and it was a nightmare, took 3 months to recover it!

UPDATE! Confirmed it was a Blizzard in game mail! and not a scam! WTF! I'm just annoyed and I want to contact my corporate account now!
Edited by Fox on 10/13/2012 10:13 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
stop buying gold from those gold vendors
But it was in game mail about my account. i'll check after this dungeon. god i hate when this happens! i had my account compromised once and it was a nightmare, took 3 months to recover it!

UPDATE! Confirmed it was a Blizzard in game mail!

Pro Tip.

Don't believe everything people tell you

On average I get 1-2 Fake Blizzard Emails a week claiming they see I am doing something Illigal and need to logg into the link to confirm my account they send me

No. Blizzard can not scan your private Email, just by you saying that I can assure you its just some phishers trying to get your account, just delete it and be done with it
Edited by Jethrol on 10/13/2012 10:15 AM PDT
79 Pandaren Monk
10/13/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Fox

It's not real. Do not click those links. After work, scan your computer. Next, go create an email address and password that you will use for no other sites - except for WOW. Use Gmail if need be. Never use that email or password anywhere. Go to your Battle.net acct and change your account email. Change your password using a password used nowhere else (write them down in a notebook if you have trouble remembering them). The phishing emails (fake ones) should stop at that point. If you do use that email address for any other site, chances are they will start again.
90 Goblin Priest
If the in-game mail doesn't have a Blizzard logo next to it, it's not from Blizzard and they are just phishing. Also, Blizz won't send you in-game mail about eula infractions. You're more likely to get either a direct email from Bliz, or just outright temp banned/perma banned if they believe you are doing something against the rules. They take action first and ask questions later.

It's also a good idea to have your bnet email account separate from your regular email account. And don't give that account info to anyone.
79 Pandaren Monk

UPDATE! Confirmed it was a Blizzard in game mail! and not a scam! WTF! I'm just annoyed and I want to contact my corporate account now!

No it wasn't. You clicked the links. It took you to a site that mimics Blizzard's. You logged in and gave them your info. Scan your computer now.
47 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll upload a screenshot
47 Blood Elf Rogue
HELLO! Read, I'm not trying to get angry but I'm annoyed by your reading comprehension. The mail is ingame! from Blizzard Development Team
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
10/13/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Fox
HELLO! Read, I'm not trying to get angry but I'm annoyed by your reading comprehension. The mail is ingame! from Blizzard Development Team

Scam emails in game have been around since early in the game.

These two statements are contradictory. You're stating a registered email account is unrelated to WoW or that your in-game mail is unrelated to WoW. Both statements are false.
47 Blood Elf Rogue
Screenshot uploaded.
47 Blood Elf Rogue
The email that I received it about work and not wow. I've never bought gold EVER! I'm not some noob. My achievement dates even are evident of the time line I've been in this game. And I don't sell gold!

Scam emails in game have been around since early in the game.

These two statements are contradictory. You're stating a registered email account is unrelated to WoW or that your in-game mail is unrelated to WoW. Both statements are false.
Edited by Fox on 10/13/2012 10:26 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
It was in-game mail saying they sent one to you, not that they scanned your email and confirmed that you received it. Chill out
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]