Top DPS

90 Tauren Paladin
What classes (other than most tanks >_>) seem to be topping charts?

I dont trust Sim Craft's t14 list.

Anyone have a reasonable list of top dps -> bottom dps? My guild seems to be lacking in dps right now as several classes are kinda gear dependent (myself being one of them), and I might have to level an alt purely for dps in raids while we progress until better gear is available for my paladin.

EDIT: Here's what i think i would enjoy leveling: Spriest (pretty crappy i heard), DK (i heard frost is pretty nice in raids), mage (we have one, but mines already 89 so its the easiest thing to do :P)

What are DKs looking like? I heard their dps isnt all that bad.
Edited by Braydrel on 10/13/2012 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My BF & I have an ongoing rivalry with an Enhancement Shammy. Though both Ret Pallies & Enhance Shammies are bursty, so...
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Sub Rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Noxxic has Afflic locks as number 1... http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My BF & I have an ongoing rivalry with an Enhancement Shammy. Though both Ret Pallies & Enhance Shammies are bursty, so...

Ret Pallies are all burst. It's maddening to play one because of this. Huge dps for a while, then wet noodle time!

This.

I should consider respec.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/13/2012 04:50 AMPosted by Taintedbeef
Ret Pallies are all burst. It's maddening to play one because of this. Huge dps for a while, then wet noodle time!

Yeah, i burst out at 110k dps ish in the beginning of the fight, but by the end, im sitting at around 35-45k. Pretty sad.

10/13/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Reignstorms
Noxxic has Afflic locks as number 1... http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings

I usually despise noxxic, and never listen to a word they say, but I do know our lock is constantly our top dps, and he's only demo... but we cant have 2 locks.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/13/2012 04:50 AMPosted by Taintedbeef
It's true.

I know right?!?!

If the fight ends fast enough, I look like an utter badass! Drags on longer then a minute or so? Look like a chump.

They really need to flatten out our burst some for sustainability.
Divine Purpose helps a little bit. I sit comfortably at like, 55k DPS because of procs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/13/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Taintedbeef

Yeah, i burst out at 110k dps ish in the beginning of the fight, but by the end, im sitting at around 35-45k. Pretty sad.

I know right?!?!

If the fight ends fast enough, I look like an utter badass! Drags on longer then a minute or so? Look like a chump.

They really need to flatten out our burst some for sustainability.

I agree. They won't increase our dps as that 110k part is all it takes for pvp wins, but sitting at such a low dps at the end of real raid fights is disheartening. It's the reason im looking for a new dps class to progress with.
Reply Quote
72 Human Warlock
All classes are good in different ways, (ones that aren't nerfed anyway), but here is my list. Is probably not very accurate, just my opinion.

In descending order of DPS
- Shaman
- Rogue
- Monk
- Priest
- Death Knight
- Paladin
- Hunter
- Mage
- Druid
- Warrior
- Warlock
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
All classes are good in different ways, (ones that aren't nerfed anyway), but here is my list. Is probably not very accurate, just my opinion.

In descending order of DPS
- Shaman
- Rogue
- Monk
- Priest
- Death Knight
- Paladin
- Hunter
- Mage
- Druid
- Warrior
- Warlock

I immediately dismissed this when you had warlocks on the bottom.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Most runs I've been in have me just under our ele shaman, who is top
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The mage does really good dps with crap gear, and only gets better from there. It sounds like that's what you wanted, so it sounds like a perfect fit. But if you really like melee or your group needs melee, maybe do the DK.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Once you hit procs, you have to wait for CDs to tick over before you burst again.. Such a pain in the !@# to do!
If Blizz were really awesome, they'd give us some way of sustained damage. :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Are you raiding in 10 or 25man format? I feel like this would make quite a difference.

Personal experience: Raiding as a demonology warlock in a 25man guild.
Top 5 Dps in our group (usually consistent)
-Spriest
-Enhance shaman
-Demo warlock
-Arms Warrior
-Surviv/BM hunter

Rest of the dps is usually within 1-2k of each other.

Unless you're doing hardcore raiding (which would include race changing to gain dps, obtaining best vp gear, getting all the good gems, food buffs, flasks etc.) I wouldn't really worry about re-rolling for better dps moreso than perhaps people in your group playing more efficiently.

Remember, unless your group is always avoiding damage, prioritizing properly, no one dying to stupid crap, and still hitting the enrage timer every time, it's not the lack of dps.

Lastly, don't bother trusting simcraft rankings right now. While MSV is considered T14 content, it doesn't drop any T14 gear so no need to factor in set bonuses or items that are not yet available.
Edited by Brulego on 10/13/2012 5:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why not trust simcraft and noxxic? They seem to be pretty accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Why not trust simcraft and noxxic? They seem to be pretty accurate.

Read my post above.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]