Tips on Furbolg RP?

85 Draenei Shaman
Anyone ever tried RP'ing as a Furbolg? Like full time I mean.. thought about giving it a shot.. any tips?

I think it might be an interesting opportunity.. though before I gave it serious thought I figure I'd want to really brush up on certain aspects of lore and the like. Anyway, I'd love any opinions on the matter as I think it might be fun if I can figure how to do it right :)

Edit: I just became aware that there's a new furbolg wand with an hour cd.. i have the old one, so I have the ability to be a furbolg all the time if I want.. hence my pondering this RP opportunity.
Edited by Nokomus on 10/11/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Warlock
They wouldn't be comfortable in cities or populated areas, I'd think.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Didn't I see this thread somewhere befor-

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758456441

related, maybe?
Edited by Thokk on 10/11/2012 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Didn't I see this thread somewhere befor-

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758456441

related, maybe?

Except that mine is a serious question, I'm not a Panda, and that thread has no useful info in it. Was hoping maybe for some advice from people who'd tried or considered trying this before, for a good experience, ty
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Except that mine is a serious question, I'm not a Panda, and that thread has no useful info in it. Was hoping maybe for some advice from people who'd tried or considered trying this before, for a good experience, ty

*lays out table and documents*

Unless you're on a quest that featured the use of this item: Dartol's Rod of Transformation which is no longer available in the game, the only other alternative to actively look like a furbolg to my knowledge is Stave of Fur and Claw which lasts three minutes, but has an hour cooldown.

I'm not sure how else you'd keep up the image of being a furbolg other than posting in your MRP: "IS A FURBOLG", but the inability to look like one would make things rocky for a while.

You're more than welcome to give it a shot, though.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I do have the old furbolg wand actually, got it back in BC. Sorry I didn't clarify.. so I have the ability to keep the Furbolg illusion up 100% of the time, and was wondering..
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Stay out of Stormwind.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
As obvious, or unobvious as it may seem... Avoid major cities, while the furbolg can become of friendly allignment with Horde or Alliance, they are blatantly tribalistic, forest dwelling folk, and even more xenophobic then the night elves are suppose to be RPed as.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
10/11/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Aerstole
They wouldn't be comfortable in cities or populated areas, I'd think.

The only possible exception *might* be outside Exodar if you are a member of the tribe the draenei helped out.

The furbolg of Kalimdor are a bit closer with Nelves than the rest of the races, but I doubt they would travel to Teldrassil from the mainland, especially when Moonglade/the Felwood base are right there if they need to grab help from druids. The few furbolg on Teldrassil seem to have been corrupted from the infection that was previously effecting the tree.

Furbolg don't seem to travel far, so any from Northrend/etc would be unlikely to make an appearance on continents they aren't from. I'd suggest reading through the Winterspring/Felwood furbolg quest texts, and the Azshara ones for pre-cata, if you can find them. It can give you some insight into their attitude!

It's been stated many ties the furbolg have a very strong connection with nature, and as a result are very vulnerable to corruption when the areas they are in are afflicted by it.

And of course as always there is: http://www.wowpedia.org/Furbolg
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
SlA
Tips? Dont be suprised when a lvl 20 tries to kill you for a quest.

No, really. Thats a good tip. Play a mob and people will treat you like one.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
thx a lot for the helpful info guys :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Make sure you erp in public to get the full animalistic experience
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I've done it on a whim a few times in Darnassus via the old rod. I just did some low key furbolg representative to the Kaldorei to air grievances type of act/work on solutions and cooperative ventures. It was rather fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]