Mote of Harmony

85 Night Elf Druid
Seriously. Drop rate needs to be increased a LOT

I was looking forward to some Engineering. But every freaking thing takes Spirit of Harmony and in 3 levels, I've gotten 2 Spirits. wouldn't be so bad if the Drop Rate was at LEAST 33%-50%.

At this rate I'm looking at farming for 2-3 HOURS just to get one Spirit which is ridiculous and just puts a HUGE space between Casual and "hardcore".

I do not see myself spending 2 days a week of my casual time just to make a freakin item I'd like to use.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
get revered with tillers, you can grow 1.2 spirits a day for 2 minutes of work.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
They drop more off higher level mobs. Also dailies quest mobs seem to have a higher drop rate.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I haven't noticed an increased drop rate in dailies mobs, but what I have observed is when I kill some random mob that aggros me, I get a lot of motes.

I don't know if mobs have an increased chance to drop if they've not been killed for awhile, or if I'm not imagining things. Likely the latter.

Just find a place to farm with a quick respawn and you'll do fine. I can farm about 20 motes an hour or more in the right spots.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Tis' a bit slow! (that's sarcasm)

In my trip up to 90 and now 2 6-hour days at 90 I've got 9 SoH total. Thank God its not much use to JCs, but I shudder to think how my Alchemist will make out.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/11/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Locuid
puts a HUGE space between Casual and "hardcore".

Yep. You can't just sit at the AH and buy your way to the top. This benefits everybody. Oh and you go off killing random stuff just for harmonies, you're doing it to yourself. If you work on reps, do dungeons, etc, the harmonies will come without you ever thinking about it. Besides, there's nothing that harmonies are used to make that you can't buy off the AH (finished product). So if you don't want to invest your time, invest your money.

The lazy need to stop whining that balance finally being implemented in the game means that on one end of the spectrum you actually have to make an effort.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Only if Eng could have some perks in farming those Harmonies...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/11/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Geodir
In my trip up to 90 and now 2 6-hour days at 90 I've got 9 SoH total. Thank God its not much use to JCs, but I shudder to think how my Alchemist will make out.

Alchemists don't use them for anything, either, except cooldown overrides for living steel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Tis' a bit slow! (that's sarcasm)

Grumble grumble.....

Not so much SoH, but the sloooooow respawn rate of Golden Lotus really isnt cool...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/11/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Keeblik

Alchemists don't use them for anything, either, except cooldown overrides for living steel.

Its not an overide per se, they can be used in place of 3 Trillium bars.. Yea doing so does remove the cooldown. But we can use them to by Golden Lotus for flask. So there is were they all go.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Just got my 4th SoH today. I found that like others were saying at lower levels its really slow since the % is based off level, i think. Once I hit 89 and started questing in Dread Wastes i got 2 in the span of 2 days. Managed to ding 595 >600 engi and make my helm :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
We aren't even three weeks into the expansion. I think the drop rate will be fine as time goes by, it just feels bad right now because you need them for buying patterns and such.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
it seems as if the motes create a problem buying or selling using your proffessions. If the MoH and SoH are BoP at least make the drop rate better. My smithing is almost useless if I dont have the mats myself, which take forever.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Dailies mob drop a lot of motes. Or maybe cuz they're just mobs. Yes, higher level ones seem to drop more but then my JC warlock going through Jade Forest (and is still 85) has 14 motes.

But my 87 druid only got 8 and needs 2 more to make my fan (most of her XP was picking flowers though).

So RNG is still RNG. Kill moar stuffs.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Rogue
This week mote farming seems to go noticeably faster than it did the first week of Pandaland. It's still slow (as intended) but I think they have tweaked it a bit.

I have gotten 10 each on my 3 crafters that can use them, who are 85, 85 and 86, and I have gotten them all in Jade Forest on level 84-85 mobs, so level didn't speed things up. Of course it could be just subjective.

This could be coincidence, but it seems like every time I spend an hour farming for them, I get one in the first 3-4 minutes. Then the 2d and later are usually 30-45 minutes each.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/11/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Zachfu
get revered with tillers, you can grow 1.2 spirits a day for 2 minutes of work.

Actually 1.6 equivalent daily at Exalted, which is even better, but I wish it took only 2 minutes per day. On this toon it averages about 6-8 minutes, and on my 'squishier' alts, its about 8-10 minutes.

Still well worth the effort, or you can grow herbs or other mats for use or sale.
Edited by Geodir on 1/15/2013 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]