Mote of Harmony

90 Pandaren Hunter
03/11/2013 03:48 AMPosted by Stinknugget
Seriously? I know how difficult it was to get my motes to level engineering on my mistweaver. Before you hit 90 you hardly get ANY motes drop in dungeons. And if they do drop you don't always have time to loot cos the tank is running through the place. As a healer the big grind of killing mobs for motes isn't exactly ideal either. And grinding rep means killing mobs too. I say make Spirit of Harmony BoA.

This is why Blizzard gives you two Specs and allows you to change specializations so easily now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
While I am farming leather to learn the patterns, I can get enough motes to get me 3 Spirit of Harmony a day..lvl 88+ mobs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Necrotizing fascitis on this thread. The need for motes is diminished once you make the few items you can make with them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
The need for motes is diminished once you make the few items you can make with them.

The need for motes is constant if you enjoy the professions and making items for anyone other than a sole character on your server. I enjoy helping my friends and guildies with their gear as i did in Cataclysm and prior, I don't mind farming the items on one toon if they are BOA, however, if they are BOA I can't see myself being able to purchase many recipes for all my professions. It takes forever to farm them with my healer classes, and even if i decide to change speck solely to farm the motes. It isn't practical. PLEASE CHANGE THEM TO BOA...soon
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Yeah being 90 it seems like they drop like candy now but I agree that they need to make them BOA
Reply Quote
My alchemist has 20+ Spirits of Harmony
My blacksmith and engineer are constantly needing them.

Why can't we just make them BoA?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
My alchemist has 20+ Spirits of Harmony
My blacksmith and engineer are constantly needing them.

Why can't we just make them BoA?

Engineers use them? Blacksmiths hardly do unless you're making 522 gear (as if you're just crapping out raid D/E gear). Engineers hardly find use for them if trying to make money.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Meh, the less you guys try and actually get them, the more profit I make.

Sometimes you lazy people are your own worst enemy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
get a farm in 4 winds you can plant them and grow them all you need is rep with the tillers
Edited by Helemkon on 6/17/2013 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Meh, the less you guys try and actually get them, the more profit I make.

Sometimes you lazy people are your own worst enemy.

Wow, did you really just call everyone lazy that doesn't play the same way you do?!
That is a little ignorant. What if I enjoy doing other things than waiting until lvl 90 to farm some motes with the tillers.

get a farm in 4 winds you can plant them and grow them all you need is rep with the tillers

In order to get sufficient rep with the tillers and to farm you need to be lvl 90 which negates the ability to really benefit from the recipes that you gain from leveling your profession pre-90.
I'm not talking about raid motes, that is understandable i'm talking about motes of harmony...
Reply Quote
What if I enjoy doing other things than waiting until lvl 90 to farm some motes with the tillers.

well thats fine but then why should you get the same rewards as people who are farming motes?

In order to get sufficient rep with the tillers and to farm you need to be lvl 90 which negates the ability to really benefit from the recipes that you gain from leveling your profession pre-90.

that's one of the major reasons they are bop. to give advantages to characters that are being played.

i leveled this rogue around the release of ToT and have 52 spirits of harmony. that is without doing tillers even 1 time or spending even 1 spec of effort trying to get them. They are easy to get, even if you dont want them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
that's one of the major reasons they are bop. to give advantages to characters that are being played.

Still waiting for an advantage or even a worthwhile use for them on this character I'm up over 100 spirits now. I think I grew them on the farm 4 or 5 times before realizing they were pointless and switched over to growing herbs.

"Here's this great new crafting material....oh and by the way it's not worth using for your crafting professions."

By and large it's been worth more trading in for trade goods than doing something silly with like...oh I don't know...crafting.

Might as well make them BoA so I could send them to an alt that would actually craft with them, weird concept I know.

yeah it's a bit of a sore spot.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
06/19/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Sharmarli
"Here's this great new crafting material....oh and by the way it's not worth using for your crafting professions."

My tailor makes extra cloth with his. I sell a few bags and make sure my alts are getting the biggest bags. Sounds like a crafting use to me.
Reply Quote
the advantage isnt something you are really going to see. Spirits of harmony are worth more because not everyone has a crafting use for them on their main so they trade them in, some of those people could send them to their BS or w/e to make w/e item. Since they cant mail those spirits the main blacksmiths can get more for their items.

this benefit was somewhat marginalized by the fact that the newer items added to the game didn't use spirits though.
Edited by Zachstab on 6/19/2013 9:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

My tailor makes extra cloth with his. I sell a few bags and make sure my alts are getting the biggest bags. Sounds like a crafting use to me.

I'm currently sitting on 155 Imperial silk as it is without using the spirits, not to mention if I'm using them to make cloth for bags I'm wasting gold. I'd be much better off trading them in for Golden Lotus, selling the GL and then buying the bags off our AH.

It Takes 36 SoH and 300 windwool cloth to make 12 imperial silk. If one completely ignores the cloth you get:

36 SoH = 72 Golden Lotus
Golden lotus currently sells for approximately 60-75g each on this server (the mean according to Undermine Journal is actually 89g)

72 GL = ~ 4500g
Royal Satchels sell here for an average ~3500g each.

I'd be wasting over 1000g per bag.

On this server, the only crafting item that has ever come close to being worth using SoH to make cloth for is the leg enchants, and even that has never been better than break even.

Since my best option is and has almost always been to trade them in for Golden Lotus to sell, they have never been a benefit to this character despite having 2 non-gathering professions. I can do the same thing with any character regardless of profession.
Edited by Sharmarli on 6/20/2013 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]