arch fragment cap...why?

90 Human Hunter
i have been thinking about it for a few days now while i have been farming arch and i can't for the life of me come up with a logical reason as to why the hell there is a cap on how many fragments you can hold. with the way this profession is designed not being able to fully train to max it out until lvl 80 is just dumb and another thing that i feel has no good reason behind it. every other profession in the game can stockpile as much of it's materials as it wants/needs, so why cant you do the same with arch...it is illogical and dumb. so if anyone has a logical reasoning as to why this is please help me out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
When Arch was first implemented there was no cap. They basically don't want people doing what I did for basically two reasons as near as I can figure both of which are probably outdated with the new expansion.

I farmed fragments from each faction on Azeroth and at one time I had over 2000 of each type(except Tol'Vir), then I sat in Stormwind and solved Fossil projects skilling up Arch from the max I could get from surveying (survey used to give skill up to either 100 or 150 I think, they reduced it when they implemented the fragment cap). So for one they were trying to prevent that.

The other reason (probably the more important one) and why I leveled up using on Fossil fragments was important was because according to reports you didn't have a chance at getting the rare/epics (zin'Rokh, NE Trinket, Dwarf Staff) until you reached 450. By leveling using only Fossil framents I kept those thousands of NE/Dwarf/Troll fragments until I had 450 and only used them when I had a chance at the epics. Capping the fragments at 200 largely prevents that.

I think those were the reasons for the cap but as mentioned I don't really see any real reason for it now.
Edited by Sharmarli on 10/12/2012 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
just another blizz fail i guess...sad really...it is my favorite profession to lvl but this kinda kills it for me. hope they fix this soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
they do this so you can't stock pile thousands of fragments for then they release new content for panda/mogu solves. pretty easy to realize this
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/12/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Sergenti
they do this so you can't stock pile thousands of fragments for then they release new content for panda/mogu solves. pretty easy to realize this

what? how would stockpiling orc, troll, dwarf, NE, fossil fragments affect anything that has to do with pandaria? great put a cap on the two new fragments...what about the other 10 types that have 0 effect on pandaria?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Kayleera

what? how would stockpiling orc, troll, dwarf, NE, fossil fragments affect anything that has to do with pandaria? great put a cap on the two new fragments...what about the other 10 types that have 0 effect on pandaria?

Why don't you sell the excess fragments on the AH?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
you can't sell fragments.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
On my 90 DK I have 197 mogu fragments and the other fragments I have 7, I can't do any archeology because it says I can't carry anymore and it seems that that is all i dig up is mogu frags, What is up with this, how do you get rid of them so I can dig again and do the archeology quests again ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You need to at least one mogu solve so that you can begin gathering fragments again.

Spellbook>Professions tab> Archaeology> Solve
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]