Mistweaver Monk Macros

95 Undead Monk
Mistweaver monk macros; if you have discovered any effective macros please post them here!

Basic fistweaving/mistweaving macro's:

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Jab; Soothing Mist;

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Tiger Palm; Surging Mist;

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Blackout Kick; Enveloping Mist;
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MW tip:

Keep a hostile target targetted at all times so you don't lose out on the healing from your auto-attacks!

Use mouseover heals to heal, and since you never de-select your hostile target, you go right back to attacking it when you're done with the healing action.

So for example:

#showtooltip Soothing Mist
/use [@mouseover] Soothing Mist

many thanks to the MWs who brought this to my attention :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Oh i have a nice big mouseover macro that i made for my Resto druid healer, my monk is only 42 so i will post all the lines, but the last two are currently being unused

#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier, target=mouseover] Soothing Mist
/cast [modifier: shift, target=mouseover] Surging Mist
/cast [modifier: alt, target=mouseover] (3rd most used heal)
/cast [modifier: ctrl, target=mouseover] (4th heal or usually AoE heal such as Wild Growth for a druid healer0

and I have this one for when i was an atonement style disc priest, it sent direct heals when needed to my focus while maintaining the ability to do damage to my main target.

This first one is the focus heal

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@focus] reset=10 Prayer of Mending, Heal, Heal, Heal, Heal
/castsequence [@focus] reset=10 Prayer of Mending, Heal, Heal, Heal, Heal

This is simply meant to rotate those two spells with one button, sometimes the streamling spell casting will make it stick a little but it works nicely with the tank as a target while using this

/assist focus
#showtooltip
/castsequence [harm] reset=7 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite
/castsequence [@targettarget] reset=7 Holy Fire, Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite

Obviously this can be modified and the spells can be switched out, I hope these will help with Mist/Fist Weavers out there, cause so far I am loving mine.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Is there a way to write a macro so that I cast healing spell X with the following priority:

1 My target, if that target is friendly. If not,
2 My focus target, assuming I have one. If not,
3 Me

I think I might be able to futz my way through doing one of those, but not all at the same time. Is this possible? I will bow while chanting "I'm not worthy" to whomever provides a working solution :D
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Norelii
/cast [modifier: shift, target=mouseover] Surging Mist

not needed btw. you shouldn't ever be hard casting EM or SM and thus dont need to worry about a target for them. They auto-target whoever you are channeling on.

Mouseover macros are only really needed for SoM, Detox, RM and Chi Burst/Wave/Zen Sphere.

@Kara. Not much of a macro guy but
/cast [friendly]"insert spell"; [@focus] "insert spell"; [self] "insert spell"
should(?) work.
Reply Quote
MW tip:

Keep a hostile target targetted at all times so you don't lose out on the healing from your auto-attacks!

Use mouseover heals to heal, and since you never de-select your hostile target, you go right back to attacking it when you're done with the healing action.

So for example:

#showtooltip Soothing Mist
/use [@mouseover] Soothing Mist

many thanks to the MWs who brought this to my attention :D

MW tip: if you are ever fistweaving in arenas, youre doing it wrong...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You souldnt need macros at all. Vuhdo and 5-6 keybinds is all.
Mouseover makes things to complicated on high movement fights.
You don't have to chase ppl all over the screen to heal with vuhdo. All you need to do is watch the boss mechanics and a small window. Thruput will go up. Dont need to constantly adjust camera angles to see everyone. Ppl los show up with an arrow. Dispeling is easy to track. It even shows incoming heals from other players. Cuts down on over healing.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
11/08/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Vashlia
You souldnt need macros at all.

If YOU don't use macros, that's your prerogative. Macros are way to powerful to blanket dismiss without looking like a fool.

@Edi: Thanks. Go this from the UI forum
/cast [help,nodead][@focus,help,nodead][@player]Spell
Even with the superfluous nodead tags, it's a bit more concise. Going off of that, I made this one for myself that others might be interested in
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,help,nodead][@target] chi wave

When you're in 5 mans, it favors chi wave as a healing spell that targets focus (tank) first. When questing, you won't have to worry about casting chi wave AFTER the mob is already dead. I hated that happening. Not that chi wave should be getting cast for damage purposes if the mob is that close to dying anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I have found the following macro to be useful for my personal play style.

#showtooltip Roll
/cast [mod:shift]Path of Blossoms;
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
/cast Roll
/cast Chi Torpedo

Pretty much it just macros Path of Blossoms onto Roll/Chi Torpedo when you hold down the Shift mod key, or you can just Roll/Chi Torpedo without it by pressing the key without the modifier. I have it bound to my 5th mouse key and it helps me utilize Path of Blossoms for some additional DPS when I Chi Torpedo through allies (healing them) so I can heal and get some DPS at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You don't have to chase ppl all over the screen to heal with vuhdo. All you need to do is watch the boss mechanics and a small window. Thruput will go up. Dont need to constantly adjust camera angles to see everyone. Ppl los show up with an arrow. Dispeling is easy to track. It even shows incoming heals from other players. Cuts down on over healing.

The in-game raid frames works exactly the same as vuhdo when combined with mouse over macros. I actually find the in-game frames to be a lot less complicated and cleaner.
Edited by Tripcy on 11/27/2012 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk

I think you're confused about mouseover macros. They work exactly the same way as vuhdo does, you're just pressing a keybind instead of a mouse button.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk

I think you're confused about mouseover macros. They work exactly the same way as vuhdo does, you're just pressing a keybind instead of a mouse button.

Agreed

Also, there are some of us who do not like to use addons at all, ui cluttering is repulsive to some, and others like to be Tourney ready, which do not allow most addons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is there a way to write a macro so that I cast healing spell X with the following priority:
1 My target, if that target is friendly. If not,
2 My focus target, assuming I have one. If not,
3 Me
I think I might be able to futz my way through doing one of those, but not all at the same time. Is this possible? I will bow while chanting "I'm not worthy" to whomever provides a working solution :D

I would try the following (can't test servers are down)

/cast [@target, help][@focus, help, exists][@player] name_of_spell

The general idea of such macros is that it only jumps to the next bracket [] if the conditions of the one currently read are not fulfilled. With "mouseover" macros it becomes a little more painful though as last I tried, it would keep the spell read for a left mouseclick instead of jumping to the next bracket. It should be np for what you asked though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You souldnt need macros at all. Vuhdo and 5-6 keybinds is all.Mouseover makes things to complicated on high movement fights.You don't have to chase ppl all over the screen to heal with vuhdo. All you need to do is watch the boss mechanics and a small window. Thruput will go up. Dont need to constantly adjust camera angles to see everyone. Ppl los show up with an arrow. Dispeling is easy to track. It even shows incoming heals from other players. Cuts down on over healing.

That's a complete misunderstanding of mouseover macros.

Mouseover works with raid frames and any other frame that redirects to a unitID. As someone mentionned, Mouseover macros do exactly what vuhdo does put aside you are not limited to using vuhdo and only vuhdo.

I personally hate square boxes and the way health pools are displayed on Grid and every mod that followed up that trend. Especially on movement encounters, where I still use mouse left+right to do most of my movement as I don't want to get this great PvP reflex off for PvE, having bigger frames allows to quickly bounce in and out of it to allow for movement.

Last but not least, I'm not mod-dependant to be functionnal. At this point in time it's not nearly as bad as most mods are updated prior to patch release but if you ever tried raiding on a patch tuesday during vanilla, you'd understand.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip/castsequence [@focus] reset=10 Prayer of Mending, Heal, Heal, Heal, Heal/castsequence [@focus] reset=10 Prayer of Mending, Heal, Heal, Heal, HealThis is simply meant to rotate those two spells with one button, sometimes the streamling spell casting will make it stick a little but it works nicely with the tank as a target while using this

The reason why it is sticky is because if you line up the 4 heal before the PoM cooldown is back up, it will return an error message for the next push. Aka in spammy situations.Not to mention, the reset=10 means that if you go PoM-Heal-Heal, it will only reset 10 seconds after the last heal thus only allow you to hit PoM again about 15 seconds later.

While I'm not completely against castsequence macros, people are generally misusing/misunderstanding them and that, to me, is an example. I don't want to sound like an !@# here but you shouldn't be running out of binds if all you do is PvE and if you are, you will very likely improve your own skill level and awareness overtime if you learn to use an extra bind over such macro for healing. I would rather suggest using a mod to keep better track of your PoM CD (something simple like TellMeWhen)

11/07/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Whiskeyhealz
MW tip: if you are ever fistweaving in arenas, youre doing it wrong...

No reference whatsoever to PvP. Mouseover macros are awful as well for PvP but it's beyond the scope of this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
When it comes to mouseover macros/ addons you have a few options instead of macroing everyhing into mousover use vuhdoo or healbot. however what i like most is using the standard elv ui raid frame with an addon called clique which generates and binds mouseover macros for you however you "click" your spell in the spellbook is how it binds it. however a great starting point is to use vuhdo or healbot to see how they bind it. i use healbot while leveling to see a starting point to bind then bind mouseover macros accordingly via "clique" if you dont want to use elv ui(i dont see y you wouldnt its 20 great addons in one and actualy is "faster" than the blizz ui) you can use grid and clique.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
You don't need fancy mouse over macros etc

Healing Sphere Macro

/click PlayerFrame RightButton
/click DropDownList1
/click [nomod] CompactRaidFrame1
/click [mod:shift] CompactRaidFrame6
/use Healing Sphere

Life Cacoon

#showtooltip Life Cocoon
/stopcasting
/cast Life Cocoon

Renewing Mist
Just Dismounts when i press RM

/Dismount
/cast Renewing Mist

Soothing Mist / Blackout
Blackout kicks on Enemy and Soothing Mist on Player

/cast [harm] Blackout Kick; !Soothing Mist;

Enveloping Mist / Jab

Jabs on enemy and EM on play when targeted

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Jab; Enveloping Mist;

TP/ Surging Mist

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] Tiger Palm; Surging Mist;

Focus Para

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Paralysis

Tigers Lust Party 1 (And 2)

TL P1, add 2 for 2nd member in party. Don't need 3.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=party1] Tiger's Lust

Personally everyone should have the Jab/EM, TP/SM and BoK/SoothingM in there macros and on bars.
Edited by Havocz on 9/25/2013 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, dead, nocombat] revitalize
/cast [@mouseover, help, nochanneling] soothing mist
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][harm, nodead] crackling jade lightning
/cast [@mouseover, help][] Enveloping mist

I use this and have it keybound to an extra button on my mouse, it is .... useful.

it will rez, SM friendly mouse-over if not channeling, CJL enemy mouse-over/target, and EM if channeling on a friendly target or mouse-over... no modifiers of any of that needed.
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Monk

Mouseover macros basically work the same way. You can mouse over the unit frames, you don't actually have to put it on the character themselves. Plus, the default raid UI is pretty underrated, it sometimes even shows buffs/debuffs that vuhdo doesn't.

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,help] Lifebloom; [help] Lifebloom; Lifebloom

^ is what I use. If I have a mouseover target it casts on them, if no mouseover but a normal target it casts on them, if no target it casts on me. I use this for all of my heals and detox, ring of peace, zen sphere, and anything else I cast on other people.
Edited by Fujisan on 10/11/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
my favorite setup for macros:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help]Soothing Mist
/castsequence reset=2 Jab, Tiger Palm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]