SPOILERS: Kirin Tor and Sunreavers

100 Orc Warrior
10/11/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Helsey
lorthmar(who?) will be doing the same to become warchief of the horde.

I'm sorry, but no matter what happens, no matter how great they make Lor'themar or if they even return blood elves to their awesome WC3 ways, Horde players would never, ever accept a blood elf as leader of the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Heon
I wonder if Dalaran may be returning to Hillsbrad or somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms.

I think she's going to rain death on Orgrimmar first, and leave the permanent moving for laters.

Or maybe instead the Kirin Tor will take Tiragarde Keep? I dont know if all the Northwatch Marines there died but i could see the Kirin Tor moving in and making portals to transfer troops in to attack Ogrimmar.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/11/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Gollard
Or maybe instead the Kirin Tor will take Tiragarde Keep? I dont know if all the Northwatch Marines there died but i could see the Kirin Tor moving in and making portals to transfer troops in to attack Ogrimmar.

I was thinking, moving Dalaran above the city, footmen and riflemen rappelling off the sides, magi teleporting down, right into combat.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Gollard

I think she's going to rain death on Orgrimmar first, and leave the permanent moving for laters.

Wait, wait, wait...

Mana bomb. Arcane energy tainting. Rifts to other realities.

Dalaran will fly above Theramore
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Wait, wait, wait...

Dalamore?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Wait, wait, wait...

Using a "nuclear" residue against the bombers?

Seems legit, also likely.

However, with all these world changes, I hope they actually change the game to reflect all of this.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
the VO files really seem to make it clear that while Varian is doing his High king trials, lorthmar(who?) will be doing the same to become warchief of the horde.

Slightly off topic. gotta love lorthmar going off on the alliance over garithos and fogetting about how his people left the alliance after warcraft 2

And ignored Lordaerons pleas for help against the scourge.

What? You mean like Gilneas did? Didnt take much for the other alliance races to get over that.

Leaving the alliance was hardly betreyal. They didnt abandon the alliance in the middle of a war. What Garithos did though was a different matter.

10/11/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Heon

Im not sure why they would move Dalaran at all. It must have taken a huge amount of power and magic to move it to Northrend and levitate it.
Reply Quote

Im not sure why they would move Dalaran at all. It must have taken a huge amount of power and magic to move it to Northrend and levitate it.

Because it's useless in Northrend? They moved it there to fight the Lich King, but the Lich King is gone. Even if it would take a lot of resouces, I can see Jaina moving it. Dalaran has to go where it's needed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Plus moving it to Kalimdor would probably be longer. Best bet they will move it somewhere into the eastern Kingdoms and retire.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I applaud Jaina's decision to do this.

The Horde need to get their own themes and the dilution that neutral factions have caused towards the playable factions needs to stop.

I also just find Jaina a bit justified in this. The Blood Elves don't really deserve her trust right now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/11/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Heon
Because it's useless in Northrend? They moved it there to fight the Lich King, but the Lich King is gone. Even if it would take a lot of resouces, I can see Jaina moving it. Dalaran has to go where it's needed.

Could end up in over the remains in Theramore in 5.1 or 5.2. They'll have to do something to compensate for the loss of Theramore quests for Alliance folk in Dustwallow. Replacing it with Dalaran seems ligit to me.

If that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a staging area for the Take Down Garrosh effort for both Alliance and the rebel Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If Lor'Themar becomes warchief, the playerbase reaction is going to be amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I applaud Jaina's decision to do this.

The Horde need to get their own themes and the dilution that neutral factions have caused towards the playable factions needs to stop.

I also just find Jaina a bit justified in this. The Blood Elves don't really deserve her trust right now.

Agreed. The Horde response, however, was equally justified. I'm glad the Alliance gets Dalaran back (though I wonder how this will be reflected in-game - I suspect they'll have to have two Dalaran's for the immediate future to allow Horde Northrend Questing to continue) and what the Horde will do to rival the Kirin Tor.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Trook
Didnt take much for the other alliance races to get over that.

Actually it took quite a bit for the other humans to get over it.

It's all detailed in this novel!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
If that's true, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a staging area for the Take Down Garrosh effort for both Alliance and the rebel Horde.

I think it's probably going to take a while before Jaina accepts any Horde, rebellious or not. Hell, even Thrall will need to watch his step.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Daralii

I know, right? It will be worth it just for the QQing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
10/11/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Daralii

At this point, I think most of us would be happy with Edward the Sparkling Vampire for Warchief instead of Garrosh Derpscream. Though that's just me guessing, I can't really speak for everyone else.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I wonder what will be louder, the Horde reaction to Lor'Themar becoming Warchief or the Alliance reaction to "WTF BLIZZ WHY DIDN'T WE KILL THEM ALL IN ORGRIMMAR HORDE BIAS SHOWING AGAIN!!!!1one"
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
10/11/2012 11:50 PMPosted by Gollard
Plus moving it to Kalimdor would probably be longer. Best bet they will move it somewhere into the eastern Kingdoms and retire.

Moving it back to its old site would be foolish since it would be surrounded on all sides by the Forsaken and Sylvanas would take it as a very serious invasion. The Kirin Tor arent going to be helping against Garrosh much when they are bogged down with undead. Worse, unless all the humans turn worgen, they would potentially be handing Sylvanas some very valuable meat for raising.

Actually it took quite a bit for the other humans to get over it.

It's all detailed in this novel!

It took a fair bit for an alcoholic Varian to get over it. Most of the rest seemed to handle the change just fine.

Actually no it didnt. All it took was one hunt and a fancy ritual and Varian was all good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]