SPOILERS: Kirin Tor and Sunreavers

90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Dueljudge
Hey now, Garithos isn't coming back from the dead!

We'll just bring him in from an alternate timeline.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Sternbridge
Hey now, Garithos isn't coming back from the dead!

We'll just bring him in from an alternate timeline.

Through Theramore...DUN DUN DUUUUUN
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
10/12/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Lothir
Yes she isn't killing all the sunreavers but to just turn a neutral city into an Alliance base just irks me a bit, and why are the sunreavers all of a sudden getting super militant and pro gorrash?

Because the Blood Elves have probably always had a chip on their shoulder regarding Dalaran, ranging from "they're allowing humans to study elven magic" to "they imprisoned us on Garithos' orders."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 12:51 AMPosted by Lothir
Through Theramore...DUN DUN DUUUUUN

And then he goes to Dalaran and insists on Jaina imprisoning the Sunreavers in the Violet Hold. Because they're flying and in Northrend, there won't be any Naga interference to break them out this time!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
They had it coming. This is the second time they've aided the Horde and tried to use their neutrality to safeguard their misdeeds. Bout time they were removed and the real Kirin Tor loyalist, the High Elves, gain complete control of Dalaran for the Alliance!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Has it actually been confirmed that the Sunreavers were at the heart of the plot or is all this name-calling merely conjecture?

Also, I would at this stage like to point out that during the Blood Elf opening theme both the Alliance AND the Horde had Diplomats at Silvermoon. Only one was caught spying and had hidden troops throughout the Blood Elf lands.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Judging from what i've read Garrosh control's the Sha now which probably means that he'll use the 6 major Sha in his armies ANNNNNND if there's a 7th Major Sha as was hinted he'll probably get it from a Titan facility in Tirisfal Glades gaurded by a Sha corrupted Tyr.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
10/12/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Korall
Has it actually been confirmed that the Sunreavers were at the heart of the plot or is all this name-calling merely conjecture?

Until we do the scenario it's conjecture. However, keep in mind that this isn't the first time that the Sunreavers have aided the horde in getting a rather powerful artifact.

Also, I would at this stage like to point out that during the Blood Elf opening theme both the Alliance AND the Horde had Diplomats at Silvermoon. Only one was caught spying and had hidden troops throughout the Blood Elf lands.

If I recall correctly the Belf starting area happens after the Draenei one, which means the Nelves were made aware of what Kael and his followers were up to, and sent spies to Silvermoon because crack elves need to be watched.

The dwarf had a good reason for doing what he was doing as well... I just don't really recall what it was.

>.<
Edited by Reticent on 10/12/2012 1:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/12/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Sardorim
They had it coming. This is the second time they've aided the Horde and tried to use their neutrality to safeguard their misdeeds. Bout time they were removed and the real Kirin Tor loyalist, the High Elves, gain complete control of Dalaran for the Alliance!

Your assuming all the Sunreavers were in on it and not a few rebellious souls. However assuming the Horde finally starts establishing its own institutions Im happy for the Kirin Tor to go back to the Alliance. If after MoP they make up and go back to how it was I would be very unimpressed. Lets see the BEs go 'screw you' this time if Dalaran asks for something.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Warrior
10/12/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Archpaladin
Judging from what i've read Garrosh control's the Sha now which probably means that he'll use the 6 major Sha in his armies ANNNNNND if there's a 7th Major Sha as was hinted he'll probably get it from a Titan facility in Tirisfal Glades gaurded by a Sha corrupted Tyr.

We were told, however, that the 7 heads of Y'shaarj / 7 Sha thing was a very early storyboard, and that there weren't any plans to actually come up with a 7th sha.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Then Y'shaarj's death must be related to the utter annihilation of head #7 and good riddance.
Of course that's not going to stop Garrosh from merging the other 6 heads to create a new Old God to replace Y'shaarj which unlike N'zoth will be completely under his control(thanks to the bell). Why he may even use himself to substitute the 7th head to serve as his final form in the End Raid(Seige of Orgrimmar).
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Korall

Apparently, i goes like this:

Jaina set up some barriers and seals and whatever around Darnassus to keep something bad from reaching it.

THis something reaches Darnassus anyway.

Jaina is confused. She follows and finds portals. The portals go through Dalaran.

The Kirin TOr (as in, the mages of Dalaran) betrayed her.

She suspects the Sunreavers. It's seemingly confirmed.

She arrests the lot of them, and say she can't answer for the safety of those who resist.

She hears Anduin is dead. This is the last straw.

Also, it must be said that other soundfiles have Jaina talking to someone (Anduin/the player) that she has hope that the Horde and the Alliance working together in Dalaran can set the example for the rest of the world. That probably means she tries to still be peaceful, but two treasons in a a row are too much for anyone.

Finally - SoL, Y U NO LET ME REGISTER?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
10/12/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Trook

Your assuming all the Sunreavers were in on it and not a few rebellious souls. However assuming the Horde finally starts establishing its own institutions Im happy for the Kirin Tor to go back to the Alliance. If after MoP they make up and go back to how it was I would be very unimpressed. Lets see the BEs go 'screw you' this time if Dalaran asks for something.

Assuming that these are just a few renegade Sunreavers I'd still say Jaina's reaction is appropriate. If Aethas not being able to keep his people in line results in entire Alliance cities getting leveled, and powerful artifacts landing in Garrosh's hands, then they have to be dealt with.

If the Sunreavers wont keep themselves in line, then they get kicked off the edge of Dal.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue

It's still a very sound move.

If the Sunreavers can't get their collective @#$% together with their own members, then they need a serious booting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Until we do the scenario it's conjecture. However, keep in mind that this isn't the first time that the Sunreavers have aided the horde in getting a rather powerful artifact.

*coughs* Well us warlocks would certainly have no idea what happened to the bell or why.

What would make you think that?

STOP STARING AT ME.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
*coughs* Well us warlocks would certainly have no idea what happened to the bell or why.

What would make you think that?

STOP STARING AT ME.

In our defense, I think the Black Temple scenario involving the Bell actually requires us to let all of Akama's men die a horrible death against everyone attacking that is unleashed for the Reliquary of Souls in order for us to lewt the Codex of Xerrath from the upper reaches.

Admittedly, that doesn't defend us at all. The Shadow Council isn't there with regards to the bell. It's just a... happy coincidence!

:D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In our defense, I think the Black Temple scenario involving the Bell actually requires us to let all of Akama's men die a horrible death against everyone attacking that is unleashed for the Reliquary of Souls in order for us to lewt the Codex of Xerrath from the upper reaches.

Admittedly, that doesn't defend us at all. The Shadow Council isn't there with regards to the bell. It's just a... happy coincidence!

:D

I have no clue what your talking about, it must of been one clever sunreaver to get pass all of Jainas traps.

STOP LOOKING AT ME, ACCUSING ME WITH YOUR EYES.
Reply Quote
Well, there is something about some Mage/Warlock multiclassing...

EDIT: Even tough it's stupid, because Lorewise Warlocks are just Mages with access to Fel energy. Hrmm.

Warlocks. When I tell my party we must kill all of them where they stand they call me "Knight Templar"...
Edited by Heon on 10/12/2012 3:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Warms my Heart to hear about. Glad thier finaly out that Allaince city.

10/12/2012 03:44 AMPosted by Heon
Even tough it's stupid, because Lorewise Warlocks are just Mages with access to Fel energy. Hrmm.

We are also Shaman that wanted make more stuff go boom
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]