Lost Authenticator, Need Assistance

90 Human Hunter
I went to sign into the game last night and it asked for my authenticator code. I looked everywhere for the authenticator (just used it a few days ago) and cannot find it. I fear I may have accidentally thrown it away. That said, I created a ticket but am unable to get phone support due to the horrible "full queue"-> hang up system.

I understand that the "support center" is flooded with calls. However, a 24-48-hour wait for customer service is unacceptable. Can I please get some assistance with this issue? I'd even accept a CS representative enabling the SMS option and sending a code to my phone (I believe it's listed in my account info). I also have a back-up authenticator to use once the issue is resolved. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
You'll need to talk to a customer service staff. So really your only option is to keep trying to call.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Call Blizzard.

They can verify your identity and go from their.

It's happened to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Their "hold queue" is backed up indefinitely. Calling them is apparently not an option, considering that I've run down the battery on my phone twice trying. And seriously, what kind of multi-billion-dollar corporation doesn't have 24/7 support anyhow?

I have a ticket posted with a picture ID. My cell number is in my billing info. A simple enabling of SMS on my account and sending me a code would resolve my problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Rofl. "Our phone system is currently undergoing 'emergency maintenance', preventing us from accepting any more phone calls."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
when i called in yesterday (only to check to see how long it would take) only took about 18 mins of consistant redial, to get into the queue (did not stay in the queue tho). So it is possible.

Other than waiting on the ticket, or getting through to them, that is all you can do.

Once you are able to get back into your account, i do recomend adding the SMS protect on your account, then you can remove the authenticator yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ironically, that was my intention. But I need the authenticator to do that. Irony from hell. And not being able to play isn't quite as concerning as the horrible wait times. That's just bad service.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/13/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Jusi
That's just bad service.

Actually the lines are flooded. Blizzard is not Amazon, they only have a limited amount of physical lines. Just spam redial till you get in queue.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/13/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Ravenhawke
Actually the lines are flooded. Blizzard is not Amazon, they only have a limited amount of physical lines. Just spam redial till you get in queue.

I had planned on it. When they're done doing their 'emergency maintenance'. Nonetheless, if the volume exceeds the capacity, you increase the capacity (and/or hours).

And unfortunately, it's not a matter of simply spamming redial. It's redial, wait 10 seconds, hit 1 wait 30 seconds, hit 1. No go. Hang up. Repeat.
Edited by Jusi on 10/13/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
They have recently increased the number of people... it has changed it form being diffucult to get in and an hour wait in the queue, to now still hard to get in, but only 20 mins in the queue.

capactiy is easier said that done, based on the phone system, etc. While yes could be changed, is a major $$ investment (part of my job is setting up/controling phone systems like these), etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Pretty sure they can afford it. ;) They could at least go 24/7 during high-volume periods (weekends, just after expansions/patches, etc).
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If it were simple to remove a Battle.net Authenticator, there wouldn't be much point. So we do in fact require some specific information and verification to assist with these issues.

Now, there are a few things you can try outside of calling that might actually help. If you haven't done so already, I recommend checking out our self-help option for Authenticator removal, available from our Can't Log In? page.

Once you get sorted, I recommend looking into SMS Protect, which makes authenticator removal substantially easier.

If you're unable to use the self-help tools, your only option will be to call. We cannot assist with Authenticator removal over the Support Forums or social media.

Edited to add: We've tried 24 hour support. Less popular than people seem to think.
Edited by Hermf on 10/13/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Thanks for the response, Hermf. The "self-help" option simply creates a ticket. (because I've done that already) Tickets are taking up to a week to be answered. And it was my intention to use the SMS protect. But sadly, I can't enable it without accessing my account, which requires the authenticator.

And 24-hour support doesn't need to be popular. It needs to lessen the load during peak times. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Solved. Thanks, Hermf! Feel free to delete or whatever. ;)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
No need to delete at all. Just glad you're sorted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]