ink trader suddenly changed? why?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
so whats up with the ink trader suddenly not accepting Blackfallow ink? and this was changed in a saturday hotfix? seems kinda shady to sneak in a change like this randomly on a weekend without warning.

for example, what are we supposed to do with the 2000 bottles of ink we had saved up? that investment is just gone now, and why? why would you ever just remove game features? this makes no sense.

maybe you're not in my shoes, but what if they surprized you by removing a major part of your game? you see, i mostly craft and AH. without alot of time for more playing lately, this is what i do, craft, and gather gold. think of it like a mini-game till i have more time. and now its ruined.

my wife also plays this way, and i'm pretty sure i just saw her cancel her account... my professions are diverse: i do most of them. she mainly does inscription, and so her "game world" is just screwed.

a little warning would have been nice. but instead, this situation really sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
The ink trader change was posted about days ago. I think it was also supposed to have happened days ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Actually they announced they was gonna do this for a while. At least a few weeks ago.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
announced where? i didn't see anything, and people shouldn't have to hunt down things like this.

i heard rumor that a "new" trader would be available somewhere in the expansion, but i hadn't found one yet.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It was originally supposed to happen on the 9th. It was announced. The attempt to hotfix it in failed, so they had to delay it. It went in as soon as they could get it to work.

There you go: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794712085
Edited by Mogrigg on 10/13/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
EVERY new expansion upgrades what ink the trader deals in.

The fact that they delayed it so folks could get rid of their old stock is actually an exception made this time - and was a bit overdue at that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I would suggest you craft a bunch of mysterious fortune cards with all those inks. They are still selling really well. Just a suggestion that might be helpful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]