[MAJOR BUG] Conquest Points unobtainable

(Locked)

90 Tauren Druid
Having this same issues, have 1450/1650 points but BGs and Arenas say 1350 capped on both.
90 Human Warrior
Ive got the issue as well. Says 1350/1350 random battlegrounds, 1350/1350 arena battles, 1350/1650 all.
90 Human Paladin
is this intended or not?
90 Draenei Death Knight
I opened a ticket and the GM that answered it had no clue of what was going on ¬¬"
10/15/2012 05:37 AMPosted by Solosolo
I opened a ticket and the GM that answered it had no clue of what was going on ¬¬"
So let me get this straight? We've been posting on the forums for several days now about this issue, requesting acknowledgement, wondering what's going on with it, and when someone finally gets through to a GM they're completely perplex by the issue? Interesting, and we're suppose to believe that our posts are read by Blizz?

Here's my frustration with this. Competitive or not, this hinders individuals from keeping up with the pack. Someone who's been pushing to stay capped in order to get a PVP weapon (since no Dreads exist) is now being handicapped by this. which could potentially roll over into tomorrow's reset putting us even further behind... I'm not as concerned with being reimbursed/refunded or just given the ability to earn the additional points this week as I am with just knowing that this issue has been acknowledged and is being looked at so that it doesn't span multiple weeks.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Im calling their customer service right now. 10 minutes to talk to someone b_b
90 Human Paladin
UPDATE:

Hey all, I opened a ticket with a GM and this is the response I got. (copy and pasted)

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
Hello,

Looking into your situation I found a good page on Wowhead.com about this, http://www.wowhead.com/currency=390#comments

It seems that you receive 400 points each victory.. So another victory would send you over the cap thus your character is techncially capped at this point.

You may also check on the forums to get more information about things like this.

If you have any further questions or concerns about this issue feel free to reply to this ticket.

Thank you, have a great day !
Chris
Account & Technical Support
Blizzard Entertainment
us.battle.net/support

Make SURE to look at the link!

It seems that your arena rating directly affects your conquest points cap. I'm not entirely sure what the GM meant by "It seems that you receive 400 points each victory" as I have literally never achieved that many points in a single victory in arena or BG's alone... Hopefully someone can elaborate on that one for me...

This is a very important issue to many of us and clearly an unprofessional move by Blizzard. I understand Blizzard has their hands full with bugs and whatnot, but it seems to me that this is something they should have directly addressed in patch notes.

I am completely dumbfounded.... stupefied that this has gone to the wayside.
Edited by Zeuxis on 10/15/2012 7:04 AM PDT
Make SURE to look at that link!
What is that GM talking about... did he troll you? I really think he was trolling Looking at the link this is what I read:

"Total weekly cap(before you gain any rating of significance)
1650 CP is the total cap. Rated BG, Rated Arena and Random BGs do not share cap. This means you can maximum obtain 1350 CP from Random BG, but even if Arena cap is the same amount, you can still do Arena battles until you hit the total cap which is 1650. To raise this cap, get better than 1500 rating in Arena or Rated BG."

Now unless I'm confused, what he told you mean nothing. Meanwhile this stats that all three caps are independent and should not raise simultaneously... So why is it happening?
90 Human Paladin
I do admit I feel a like blizz is completely unorganized on this matter, but the jist of what I got from the link is your arena rating effects your conquest cap. It is intended. I hope blizz addresses this soon.
Edited by Zeuxis on 10/15/2012 7:16 AM PDT
your arena rating effects your conquest cap. It is intended. I hope blizz addresses this soon.
This is accurate, and correct. But here's the thing. As your rating increases your cap on the arena tab increases... It doesn't stay at 1650. By their logic that would mean that a team with 2700 rating would still be showing a 1650 cap, yet they've earned over 2900 conquest points... Again, flawed logic. It appears like that GM just wanted to skirt your user and move onto the next ticket.
90 Human Paladin
10/15/2012 07:26 AMPosted by Dumbleditz
your arena rating effects your conquest cap. It is intended. I hope blizz addresses this soon.
This is accurate, and correct. But here's the thing. As your rating increases your cap on the arena tab increases... It doesn't stay at 1650. By their logic that would mean that a team with 2700 rating would still be showing a 1650 cap, yet they've earned over 2900 conquest points... Again, flawed logic. It appears like that GM just wanted to skirt your user and move onto the next ticket.
Well to be honest, I don't feel like I was over-looked. Blizzard is obviously confused themselves on this whole matter and that's made completely apparent by some GM's responses. One poster mentioned a GM said he had no idea what was going on lol. If anything I'm just glad I made some headway and know it's not a bug. Until then I'm going to keep an eye on the forums, work on my arena rating and take it from there ^^
10/15/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Zeuxis
Until then I'm going to keep an eye on the forums, work on my arena rating and take it from there ^^
Accept for the part where you'll get a good rating to increase your cap, but won't be able to earn enough points to cap... ><
90 Human Paladin
10/15/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Dumbleditz
Until then I'm going to keep an eye on the forums, work on my arena rating and take it from there ^^
Accept for the part where you'll get a good rating to increase your cap, but won't be able to earn enough points to cap... ><
lol If that is indeed what happens I will deal with it then.
90 Worgen Druid
Any hope of this being fixed before reset tomorrow? Otherwise I'm losing out on 300 conquest points this week for no reason. Of my friends, two of us have this bug where we are unable to cap out for the week and the other two have no problem what so ever. GM's have been unhelpful...
90 Undead Priest
I also am experiencing something similar.

Usually I PvP with my buddy, who is also on my arena 2v2 team, and we queue together for both BG's and arena.

Every time I won a game of BG or arena, total conquest points went up, and each category for BR and arena.
90 Undead Mage
I just received the following (incorrect) information from Blizzard.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey there,

Conquest points actually share a cap with Arenas and Random Battlegrounds. so you can only early the 1350 points through both of those. The remaining points would have to be earned through a Rated Battleground. You can see where you are on the caps by looking at the Conquest tab of your Honor window (default key is H). If you hover over the conquest bar at the top it will show each of the caps.

Regards,

Game Master Kaloreum
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
<http://battle.net/support>

--------------------------------------------------

I have replied with the following :

This has NEVER been true and is still factually untrue. Example: A guildie got 300 points from Random Battlegrounds before starting arenas. He obtained an additional 1350 through arenas. Another got 200, and ended up stuck at 1550 conquest. If you do the random battlegrounds before the arenas, you can cap at 1650, and up until this point, you did arenas and random BG's to cap, since Cataclysm. I did it just last week!
-----------

At this point I'm gonna call Blizzard. With a highly competitive pvp environment, where every advantage is one you'll need, this is the difference between an entire week or more of having a new piece of gear or not (such as the weapon). This will put many players at a significant disadvantage to others.
Quality Assurance
We're aware of this issue and are working on a resolution.
90 Undead Priest
Just curious. I know its a bug but i wonder....

Are the characters with the bug also characters that hit 90 this week?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]