[MAJOR BUG] Conquest Points unobtainable

(Locked)

90 Undead Mage
The only way this is 'working as intended' is if Blizzard intended to change the cap rules mid-week (i.e. not on a Tuesday).

I know this because I got stuck at 1450. I ran and won exactly one battleground on either Tuesday or Wednesday (100 points). I won somewhere between 4 and 5 more on either Saturday or Sunday. I won 8 arena matches today. Doing the math, it's easy to see that the 100 points I won right after the reset are what allowed me to push above 1350. The remainder of my battleground points were apparently lumped together with the conquest points. Sadly, since I was unaware there was an issue, I wasn't watching how the points progressed, but I do know that when my wife hit 1080 conquest purely on arena, I was already showing as capped at 1350 in both categories and 1450 in total.

Exactly what GM said. It was hidden implemented mid-week. From now on, everyone is supposed to do Rated Bgs.

I even screenshoted my conversation with the GM where he said it's working as intended. It only shows how the blue poster of this topic has no clue of what he's talking about.

GM's are far more often misinformed and wrong than the, you know, QA team and Devs that actually respond to this forum.
90 Human Warrior
This is BS!
Quality Assurance
To clarify:
With the latest hotfix to the Conquest Point cap, it is intended that the Conquest awarded by winning Arena matches and Random Battlegrounds will never go above your weekly Arena cap. The only way to gain that last bit of Conquest is to win Rated battlegrounds after you have reached the lower cap. (This is all assuming that your Arena point cap is lower than your Rated Battleground cap)
90 Undead Monk
To clarify:
With the latest hotfix to the Conquest Point cap, it is intended that the Conquest awarded by winning Arena matches and Random Battlegrounds will never go above your weekly Arena cap. The only way to gain that last bit of Conquest is to win Rated battlegrounds after you have reached the lower cap. (This is all assuming that your Arena point cap is lower than your Rated Battleground cap)

And why was this implemented? Who asked for this? So instead of being able to pick and choose how we earn our Conquest Points for the week we are forced into doing RBGs (that no one wants to do mind you)? I guess all that "pick and choose" design for MoP you guys were so keen on heralding is already out the window 4 weeks in.

P.S. - No one wants to do RBGs when you can't even retain a fraction of class balance.
Edited by Senjo on 10/16/2012 2:39 PM PDT
90 Undead Priest
To clarify:

I'm confused by your terrible wording.

Do arena and normal BG points build simultaneously?

If that is the case, why did you roll out this hotfix MIDWEEK, UNANNOUNCED, creating an unfair circumstance in which players that did not participate in pvp early in the week are punished, finding out about their punishment AFTER the fact?

Edit: Add a hot fix to reduce conquest of all players who didnt participate in RBG to 1350. Right now some people received an advantage of up to 300 on others.

Im at 1550/1650, with 1350 in arena and bg. So i received 200 bonus points. go ahead and take em from me, as long as you do it to everyone.
Edited by Drbob on 10/16/2012 2:46 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
To clarify:

I'm confused by your terrible wording.

Do arena and normal BG points build simultaneously?

If that is the case, why did you roll out this hotfix MIDWEEK, UNANNOUNCED, creating an unfair circumstance in which players that did not participate in pvp early in the week are punished, finding out about their punishment AFTER the fact?

Edit: Add a hot fix to reduce conquest of all players who didnt participate in RBG to 1350. Right now some people received an advantage of up to 300 on others.

Im at 1550/1650, with 1350 in arena and bg. So i received 200 bonus points. go ahead and take em from me, as long as you do it to everyone.

more likely that it was unintended and they have no idea how to resolve it, so they're just rolling with it
90 Undead Priest
To clarify:

This makes no sense. Most people in my guild are capping to 1650 with Arenas PLUS random battlegrounds. The cap for the conquest granted by arena is below 1650, yet they can obtain the rest through random BG's while the rest of us cant.

So a hotfix was in place for a few people to do Rated, while the majority do not? Is this correct?
90 Blood Elf Mage
To clarify:

This makes no sense. Most people in my guild are capping to 1650 with Arenas PLUS random battlegrounds. The cap for the conquest granted by arena is below 1650, yet they can obtain the rest through random BG's while the rest of us cant.

So a hotfix was in place for a few people to do Rated, while the majority do not? Is this correct?

I think it was an issue of timing. I was able to get capped by doing Arena and Random (not Rated) BGs early last week; but friends were unable to do the same over the weekend. It seems that this was indeed a mid-week, unannounced hotfix that resulted in some people unable to cap without playing Rated BGs. I'm not sure what's more troubling - that it was unannounced (and unexplained until the week was over) or that this falls in line with an already frustrating trend of "you'll play the game our way" that we've seen for years in WoW and more recently in Diablo III.
90 Undead Priest
disgusting.
90 Undead Priest
To clarify:

It was implemented mid week. People that had 300 or more before the fix are pretty much un-affected. People who didnt earn any conquest until after the fix are apparently limited to the 1350 soft cap on both arena and bg, with the option to get the last 300 in RBG.

This is really terrible in my mind. I dont care that i should only earn 1350 instead of 1650.

What I do care about is that some people still get the full amount doing just as much, or even less, work than I did.

What I do care about is a absolute oversight by blizzard shoving out a pvp-sensitive patch, midweek, with tangible effects and a lazy attitude about dealing with it.
Edited by Drbob on 10/16/2012 3:14 PM PDT
90 Undead Priest
Wow. How about this for an update. I just did my first daily a few min ago. That is the only thing ive done.

when i open my tab it shows this. (we won)

Rated 100/1650
Arena 100/1350
Random 100/1350
90 Goblin Death Knight
To clarify:

This is unbelievable. I am actually, disgusted with Blizzard right now. I know that I, myself, am not going to be extremely affected by this, but the underpowered classes are at an extreme disadvantage due to them not being wanted in an RBG group.

The fact that Blizz did this unannounced and mid week, just goes to show how stupid of a decision this was.... Blizzard is !@#$ing garbage. I actually had a little respect left for Blizzard, but this cut the last thread.

Of all the %^-*ing things that need to be changed in PVP, THIS is all they decide to do so far?! So now... the undeserving and unskilled BM/Arms teams can all get to 2k+ rating because of imbalances and get huge amounts of conquest?

Seriously, what the hell?!
Edited by Deathgears on 10/16/2012 3:22 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Warrior
I love how that PVE hotfix was held till the end of the week so it's "fair for everyone", but this PVP hotfix is just happens and without any warning.
Edited by Artillery on 10/16/2012 3:29 PM PDT
90 Undead Warlock
I think it was an issue of timing. I was able to get capped by doing Arena and Random (not Rated) BGs early last week; but friends were unable to do the same over the weekend. It seems that this was indeed a mid-week, unannounced hotfix that resulted in some people unable to cap without playing Rated BGs. I'm not sure what's more troubling - that it was unannounced (and unexplained until the week was over) or that this falls in line with an already frustrating trend of "you'll play the game our way" that we've seen for years in WoW and more recently in Diablo III.

I got my last 90 cps (bringing it up to 1650) doing my daily random bg win just last night...
90 Human Warrior
To clarify:

This is the stupidest move I have ever seen by blizzard. You do realize that on low population pve servers like mine it is impossible to find a competent team to do rated BGs in. I am the most pvp geared player on my realm and I am being forced into rated bgs which from what I hear have a 2 hr queue time and what if you loose. It could take an entire day just to earn 300 points.

Why not add more rewards/achievements for rated bgs to promote more people into trying them. I wanted to get into them this season, but this early a lot of people are not even 90 yet or have no pvp gear...

Basically if you have a large group of pvp friends you have a 300 point a week advantage over everyone else. This feels like BC raiding when a small group of people had access to the hardest content and best gear while the majority where in heroics/kara.

The way this implemented was also awful. There was no announcement and it was implemented midweek. Like seriously!? GTFO Blizzard!!!
90 Undead Warlock
To clarify:

That's dumb. Takes forever to find an RBG group, let alone one that wins...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]