PvP Frost DW vs 2Hand Debate

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Why does everyone use a 2 hand for frost pvp is it really better or are people just used to it or do they not want to spend the extra conquest when when it comes around. I can see that obliv hits hard with 2 hand but it relies on km procs and u get alot less km procs when u are 2 hand then DW. DW seem to have a better avg damg cuz it does the same damg no matter armor type.
2Hand might be better vs cloth but i think dw would be better vs plate or mail with shield.
Anyways i just wanted to hear what other are saying cuz i cant find out a lot about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Apparently Bizzard want both of those to do the same average damage, so far i'm using 2h since i have the worst luck possible in dungeons, getting 1 weapon as a trouble, but i'll probably swap to DW when i have enough points for it
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
2H will really mess up a clothy's day. On the other hand, DW is far better against plate.
Reply Quote
i could see switch based on the comp u are playing vs in an arena but that would cost a lot of extra conquest to get a 2 hand and 2 1 hands
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Personally I'm leaning towards dual wield. Seems like on a 100 runic power dump I can almost always get 3-4 KM proc's and use them all (without refreshing KM). Nice seeing back to back FS crits.

Took me a long time to get my weapons though and I also have my 2H for whenever I feel like switching it up.

Been getting ridiculed for the rune of swordbreaking I use though, but apparently some death knights love getting disarmed for the full 10 seconds, versus the 4 seconds I have to put up with. /shrug
Reply Quote
I think we prefer 2h cause the burst is rather random and hard to predict. Where as dw frost is more steady forms of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Personally I'm leaning towards dual wield. Seems like on a 100 runic power dump I can almost always get 3-4 KM proc's and use them all (without refreshing KM). Nice seeing back to back FS crits.

Took me a long time to get my weapons though and I also have my 2H for whenever I feel like switching it up.

Been getting ridiculed for the rune of swordbreaking I use though, but apparently some death knights love getting disarmed for the full 10 seconds, versus the 4 seconds I have to put up with. /shrug

Eh, I'd rather just use RotFC and trinket the disarm.
Reply Quote
last i checked burst when u want it is better then random and i can set up burst a lot easier and fairly often with dw just by maxing my runic power bar out and dropping frost stikes
Edited by Healmequickr on 10/13/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its not that 2h has random burst all the time, you still have your trinket+pillar burst but those random obil crits can really make a healer panic

Plus all the pvp set gear is itemized for 2h frost, lots of crit+haste on your set pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

its better to get used to weapon swaps

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Frost presence
/equipset [equipped:Mace] DW; DW Disarm
/changeactionbar 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

that switches to Frost presence (or does not switch presence if your already in it)

Changes your action bar back to standard 1 (my action bar is different you will see int he next macro)

and lastly swaps your equipment set to your disarm weapon to eat a timely disarm and then press again to swap back.

NOTE: where it says "Mace" put in the weapon type you have sword breaking on and save your set names accordingly (DW is normal, DW DISARM is my disarm set)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Blood presence
/changeactionbar 2

this one does the same exact feature except it switches to blood presence and changes your weapon to disarm protection.

It also changes your action bar (because as DW you can Death Strike in Blood Presence for better survivability if needed so i have Death Strike in place of OB on this actin bar set.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

its better to get used to weapon swaps

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Frost presence
/changeactionbar 1

that switches to Frost presence (or does not switch presence if your already in it)

Changes your action bar back to standard 1 (my action bar is different you will see int he next macro)

and lastly swaps your equipment set to your disarm weapon to eat a timely disarm and then press again to swap back.

NOTE: where it says "Mace" put in the weapon type you have sword breaking on and save your set names accordingly (DW is normal, DW DISARM is my disarm set)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Blood presence
/changeactionbar 2

this one does the same exact feature except it switches to blood presence and changes your weapon to disarm protection.

It also changes your action bar (because as DW you can Death Strike in Blood Presence for better survivability if needed so i have Death Strike in place of OB on this actin bar set.

Never even thought of that, nice. Will use!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Wep swaps give u 30 sec before 2hand or dw buff kickin. Unless its hotfix
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Oh u talk about disarm .nevermind
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
^^^^^^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]